Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #41
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero
 
iwannabesedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbusish, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
Stereotypical misunderstanding of what is really going on in America. Obama is slowly turing this country into a socialist state. That may be cool in Europe but I personally like capitalism. You can blame Bush for everything under the sun (and the media/ general public has) but the fact of the matter is that Obama has now been in office for four years and things are NOT better. All his "hope and change" has been little more then cheap talk. This voting season I will be voting for the man I believe will take my freedoms away the slowest. No candidate will ever be perfect. Everyone has their flaws. Obama included. I would like a candidate who is unapologetically constitutional. Someone who will stand up for what America was founded on. The ideals our forefathers put forth when we became a country should still be held in high regard. Not thrown away and ignored for ones personal agenda. That is NEITHER of these men. (Obama or Romney) Although out of the two I will vote for Romney because I believe he can do a better job. I realize I am definitely in the minority (on this site anyway) in this aspect but please, let's try and be civil here. Hope that sheds some light on a different way of thinking.

Kevin


Please, name one thing Obama has done to make this country more socialist.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #42
beefcake122
no fun.
 
beefcake122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I'm probably a right-leaning libertarian; if I HAD to choose I would pick Romney (not voting), but that just doesn't sound right.
__________________
sunbather is shit
beefcake122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #43
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
Romney clearly has more confidence in the economic side of things. People can feel it, and many will probably vote for him solely based on that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:19 AM   #44
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero
 
iwannabesedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbusish, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Romney clearly has more confidence in the economic side of things. People can feel it, and many will probably vote for him solely based on that.


More confidence? What does that even mean? He can stand up there and confidently say he'll create 12 million jobs all he wants. Unless he actually spells out how in hell he actually plans on doing that it's not going to work.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #45
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly
 
snipelfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee
Lol, Bain owns them?!

If his record is anything he'll make millions but the machines will break down and the company go bankrupt
__________________
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #46
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarlord44
Can you prove any of that? Because that's all bullshit.

Nah he's pretty much telling the truth. But he's still less ******ed than Romney.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #47
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
More confidence? What does that even mean? He can stand up there and confidently say he'll create 12 million jobs all he wants. Unless he actually spells out how in hell he actually plans on doing that it's not going to work.


Here you go. 59 points in all. Yup, it lacks some specifics, so does Obama's. The point I was making though, is that people see Romney as more of an effective economic leader. Polls show this. And yes, he has confidence in this.. Couple Obama's shit track record with Romney's business background.. youre gonna find that Romney has some confidence there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #48
aig91
Annie
 
aig91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago
Everything he does is shady.
__________________
aig91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #49
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero
 
iwannabesedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbusish, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Here you go. 59 points in all. Yup, it lacks some specifics, so does Obama's. The point I was making though, is that people see Romney as more of an effective economic leader. Polls show this. And yes, he has confidence in this.. Couple Obama's shit track record with Romney's business background.. youre gonna find that Romney has some confidence there.


Near every point of that plan will be destructive to the economy.

People do not see Romney as more of an effective leader than Obama, and all the polls except Gallup and Rasmussen show that. Romney's business background consists of gutting companies and outsourcing jobs. Not really something that inspires confidence.

Obama's track record is fine. Jobs have been added in the private sector for 30 straight months and unemployment is down below 8%.

Are things fantastic? Hardly. Things suck. But they're slowly improving, and will continue to slowly improve.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #50
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
Near every point of that plan will be destructive to the economy.

People do not see Romney as more of an effective leader than Obama, and all the polls except Gallup and Rasmussen show that. Romney's business background consists of gutting companies and outsourcing jobs. Not really something that inspires confidence.

Obama's track record is fine. Jobs have been added in the private sector for 30 straight months and unemployment is down below 8%.

Are things fantastic? Hardly. Things suck. But they're slowly improving, and will continue to slowly improve.


Nope. The economy is weak. Very weak. Economists know this. Educated people know this. We don't want an economy where the unemployment rate keeps dropping siny because people stop trying to find work. We also dont want an economy where private sector jobs increase, but public sector jobs plummet.

Also, a quick google search shows dozens of sites/polls indicating Romney is favored on economics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #51
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin
 
spitonastranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
*Obama is a socialist rant*


Wow crazysam you sure look stupid for aligning yourself with this guy.
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #52
ErikLensherr
Star-Splitter
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
The ideals our forefathers put forth when we became a country should still be held in high regard.

Why? Why are we constantly asked to ride the dick of a bunch of old dead slaveholders?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
No joke that's how I feel

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #53
beefcake122
no fun.
 
beefcake122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Why? Why are we constantly asked to ride the dick of a bunch of old dead slaveholders?



you can't go there bruh, too bad Fox doesn't let you comment on their articles :p
__________________
sunbather is shit

Last edited by beefcake122 : 10-20-2012 at 03:06 AM.
beefcake122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #54
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero
 
iwannabesedated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbusish, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Nope. The economy is weak. Very weak. Economists know this. Educated people know this. We don't want an economy where the unemployment rate keeps dropping siny because people stop trying to find work. We also dont want an economy where private sector jobs increase, but public sector jobs plummet.

Also, a quick google search shows dozens of sites/polls indicating Romney is favored on economics.


I thought that's exactly what Republicans want. Less people working for the government, more people working "real" jobs.

I'm looking at a multitude of polls right now, and while there are certainly several that have Romney with a slight edge on the economy, it's just that, a slight edge.

But those polls don't matter. Romney needs to pick up states if he wants to win the election.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #55
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
 
Mudmen190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Zebes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
But those polls don't matter. Romney needs to pick up states if he wants to win the election.


Did you read the OP? That's just what he's trying to do!
__________________
TIME CONSUMER

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #56
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
What you want is a steady increase in jobs in all sectors. A balance. Public sector employment has been on a steady rise for the past few decades I believe, but then it dropped off heavily in 2008-9, and has declined ever since.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 AM   #57
TheTee56
UG'S Banana Saviour
 
TheTee56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Banana-rama
This is all an elaborate ruse by those green democrats to portray Romney as a cheat.
This is completely false. Romney is no cheat.

He's a watermelon.
__________________
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.


TheTee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #58
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFreund
Stereotypical misunderstanding of what is really going on in America. Obama is slowly turing this country into a socialist state. That may be cool in Europe but I personally like capitalism. You can blame Bush for everything under the sun (and the media/ general public has) but the fact of the matter is that Obama has now been in office for four years and things are NOT better. All his "hope and change" has been little more then cheap talk. This voting season I will be voting for the man I believe will take my freedoms away the slowest. No candidate will ever be perfect. Everyone has their flaws. Obama included. I would like a candidate who is unapologetically constitutional. Someone who will stand up for what America was founded on. The ideals our forefathers put forth when we became a country should still be held in high regard. Not thrown away and ignored for ones personal agenda. That is NEITHER of these men. (Obama or Romney) Although out of the two I will vote for Romney because I believe he can do a better job. I realize I am definitely in the minority (on this site anyway) in this aspect but please, let's try and be civil here. Hope that sheds some light on a different way of thinking.

Kevin


There is no ****ing way you're serious.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #59
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH
 
stratman_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 6, 1, 5, Oh, I forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmen190
Did you read the OP? That's just what he's trying to do!



Chuckled heartily.

I'm not comfortable voting for EITHER candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
There is no ****ing way you're serious.

*archer*

Don't engage him.
__________________
--

I can stumble drunk over hope and love, or I could just keep drinking until I sober up.

--

Last edited by stratman_13 : 10-20-2012 at 03:58 AM.
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #60
Aralingh
Intelligent person
 
Aralingh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
What's he going to do with them when he loses?
Aralingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.