Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #81
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky_Fresh91
I feel tempted to do a negative Obama thread. Not because I don't like him, but I just feel the need for this forum to be less biased. Weeeeiiirrrrd.

Unbiased doesn't mean "liking both guys equally"

Maybe Mitt is objectively shittier.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I kissed a child, just so said child could know what kissing is.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #82
Guitarlord44
UG's Wizard
 
Guitarlord44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Unbiased doesn't mean "liking both guys equally"

Maybe Mitt is objectively shittier.


He's definitely a little bit shittier than Obama.
__________________
Check out my band, Play Dead!
Guitarlord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #83
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Mitt is dangerously socially conservative, which is funny given his religion allows him to marry like four women, which makes one question his mandate to criticise gay marriage's effect on the "sanctity of marriage".
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #84
Funky_Fresh91
So fresh a so clean clean
 
Funky_Fresh91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Out yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Unbiased doesn't mean "liking both guys equally"

Maybe Mitt is objectively shittier.

That's not what I meant. More like an equally speculative thread questioning Obama's character.
I hardly know anything about american politics.
Funky_Fresh91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #85
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Mitt is dangerously socially conservative, which is funny given his religion allows him to marry like four women, which makes one question his mandate to criticise gay marriage's effect on the "sanctity of marriage".

I thought the Mormon church had a message from God that they should stop with all the polygamy about 2 days before it was made illegal?
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #86
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
 
Mudmen190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Zebes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky_Fresh91
That's not what I meant. More like an equally speculative thread questioning Obama's character.
I hardly know anything about american politics.


So you don't see anything wrong with the rich presidential elect purchasing THE VERY MACHINES PEOPLE WILL BE VOTING ON?
Also, this could be an interesting point against the"I have a boner for the free-market that won't die" jackasses.
__________________
TIME CONSUMER

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #87
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists
 
Neo Evil11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum
Can someone explain to me how one can "own" voting machines? Isn't the government responsible for them? Or did the USA privatize their own ****ing elections too?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #88
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
Can someone explain to me how one can "own" voting machines? Isn't the government responsible for them? Or did the USA privatize their own ****ing elections too?

Private company HIG owns the voting machines. Romney, his son and wife own the majority share of HIG.
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #89
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
 
W4RP1G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Of course he's bought them in Ohio.

This is ****ign ridiculous and I can't believe it's even been allowed to happen.

Here's a problem that I see in the US. People despise their opposing party(dems vs repubs generally) so much that they would turn a blind eye to their party's candidate cheating in an election. Obviously, this doesn't mean everyone is like that, but I wholeheartedly believe that the majority of republicans would much rather have a republican steal the election than allow a democrat to take office.

It's no secret that the people of this country are their own worst enemy. This is why a network like Fox News can have so many viewers while spewing such bullshit.

Last edited by W4RP1G : 10-20-2012 at 11:26 AM.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #90
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
Here's a problem that I see in the US. People despise their opposing party(dems vs repubs generally) so much that they would turn a blind eye to their party's candidate cheating in an election. Obviously, this doesn't mean everyone is like that, but I wholeheartedly believe that the majority of republicans would much rather have a republican steal the election than allow a democrat to take office.

It's no secret that the people of this country are their own worst enemy. This is why a network like Fox News can have so many viewers while spewing such bullshit.

I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm gonna try and push that idea out of my head to try and retain some sense of sanity. I don't even want to consider that that could be true.
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #91
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
 
Ssargentslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
So this is how its going to go down,
1) Romney gets elected
2) He does something really stupid
3) ???
4) 2012 end of the world happens. JUST like those silly Mayans predicted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMullet
Your username is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #92
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
 
W4RP1G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
I'm not saying you're lying, but I'm gonna try and push that idea out of my head to try and retain some sense of sanity. I don't even want to consider that that could be true.

I can't really back my claims(except by saying look at Fox News' ratings), that's just the impression that I get from republicans.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #93
uziyourillusion
cemetary gates
 
uziyourillusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Private company HIG owns the voting machines. Romney, his son and wife own the majority share of HIG.

Are you ****in kidding me?? How is this even allowed?
uziyourillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #94
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by uziyourillusion
Are you ****in kidding me?? How is this even allowed?

Nope, read the article.

'Cause free market brah
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #95
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cal-eye-forn-ia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
So this is how its going to go down,
1) Romney gets elected
2) He does something really stupid
3) ???
4) 2012 end of the world happens. JUST like those silly Mayans predicted.

Actually, those "silly Mayans" have everything running in cycles. The end of their calendar is also the beginning. See, their calendar is literally a circle. When you get to the "end", you go back to the "beginning". That's how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_c...oncepts_of_time
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #96
AcidParadox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
So this is how its going to go down,
1) Romney gets elected
2) He does something really stupid
3) ???
4) 2012 end of the world happens. JUST like those silly Mayans predicted.


Even if he does get elected, he won't get inaugurated to be the actual president until 2013. So if someone does something really stupid to cause the end of all times, it would most likely be Obama (if the president is the that cause it, that is.)

I hate that I can't even vote until next election. If I could, I would vote for Obama. I don't really think he's the best for the job (Gary Johnson is in my opinion) but Obama is objectively less shitty than Romney. But who knows, maybe this creepy fundamentalist asshole thing is just an act. Romney is known to flip-flop on issues just to win an election.
AcidParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #97
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
 
ihartfood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
holy shit. this is where I live. wtf.
__________________
My Rig
Like Telecasters?
ihartfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #98
Mark Roxx
UG Dismember
 
Mark Roxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kolob
I think we all know how much of a shit Romney is by now.
__________________
That which does not kill us makes us cookies.
Mark Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #99
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
 
CodeMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Masturbating in your armpit
pol·i·ti·cian   [pol-i-tish-uhn]
noun
1. a person who is active in party politics.
2. a seeker or holder of public office, who is more concerned about winning favor or retaining power than about maintaining principles.
3. a person who holds a political office.
4. a person skilled in political government or administration; statesman or stateswoman.
5. an expert in politics or political government.
Source

Obama and Romney both fit this description.

I don't trust either of them.
The whole "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely" thing.

It doesn't really matter a whole lot who you vote for.
They will ALL make promises to get into office and then ignore those promises for their own benefit.

I would personally like to hear from both candidates what income level they consider to be "Middle Class".
I consider Middle Class to be around $50,000 Yr. (Give or take a few thousand).
Maybe I'll make a thread/poll.
__________________
Programming is an art form that fights back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #100
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action
 
homeless-john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow
Read as "vomiting machines" and thought I was in for an interesting discussion of Romney's messy plan for world domination.
__________________
PSN: leo-da-bam
Steam ID: chunkadelic
XBL: LovelyGodzilla
homeless-john is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.