Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
andrerist
schecterguy

speakers/headphones for POD HD

i'm hoping to pick up a line 6 pod hd 300 for my dorm room over christmas. my question is, aside from headphones, wat kind of speakers could i get that are compact, sound good, and are relatively inexpensive?

the only thing i have with me is an ihome with an audio in, and coming from someone who has everything bose at home, its pretty ****ing awful. but, i dont want to have anything overly expensive here after having my macbook stolen last week......

so i think i'm just looking for a set of speakers that i can use for the pod but also to hookup to a laptop or tv for movies and music and watnot.

secondly, headphones. i'm planning on getting another pair of bose triports (i think thats what they still are called, i have an older pair that i've had forever and love them, they r just starting to show their use). is there any other pair of over hear headphones for around the same price that have better sound quality or are these gonna do just fine for me?
andrerist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass

What's your total budget for everything?
bassmastamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
andrerist
schecterguy

inexpensive. i dont want to put a price tag on it at the moment because i'm hoping to either put some of it on a christmas list or use money/giftcards from christmas to purchase it.

so just as reasonable as possible
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Ian_the_fox
Bark

Well first off, don't get Bose headphones. Everything Bose makes is overpriced, overhyped, poorly-made shit. If you have a house full of Bose products then you are wasting your money.

For headphones get a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Professional quality, semi-transparent response, will work great for digital modelers but also mixing.

As for the speakers: if you don't plan on doing any serious recording/mixing, M-Audio AV-40s. If not, you might want to look into some more high quality monitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
why did ian cross the road?

his dick was stuck in the chicken
Ian_the_fox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Well first off, don't get Bose headphones. Everything Bose makes is overpriced, overhyped, poorly-made shit. If you have a house full of Bose products then you are wasting your money.

For headphones get a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Professional quality, semi-transparent response, will work great for digital modelers but also mixing..

Agreed. Though Bose headphones may be comfortable, they aren't good for professional applications. Too much bass. Stay far away from Beats too.

The ATH-M50 have a good rep, as do the AKG K271. There are tons and tons of studio headphones out there, though. Sennheiser makes good ones too.
bassmastamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
andrerist
schecterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox

For headphones get a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's. Professional quality, semi-transparent response, will work great for digital modelers but also mixing.

As for the speakers: if you don't plan on doing any serious recording/mixing, M-Audio AV-40s. If not, you might want to look into some more high quality monitors.

we have family that works for bose and both my parents used to work there so we can get a reasonable price here and there. and i've always been a huge fan of the sound quality coming from them. though i do understand how there can be other headphones that will better suit the application. and beats have never nor would ever be on my radar, haha. i just want a well balanced pair of headphones that will give me as close to amp quality sound as possible.

and any suggestions for speakers?

Last edited by andrerist : 10-20-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
stykerwolf
footdive!

Grado SR60i for headphones, thank me later.
stykerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: