Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
broken-frets

Custom Guitar Project

This is my first ever thread so im most likely doing something wrong so dont rage plz :P

I am considering a project to mess about with an old cheap strat copy guitar to try and make it awesome :D
I am planning on putting in a dimarzio injector pickup in the bridge and may leave the rest in (I have not decided yet), then put in a Kramer neck, get some grovers (or good brand tuners), change the pick guard and finally upgrade the bridge (I have been recommended a Wilkinson bridge).

Ill take any advice on any products than I am buying, compatibility issues, the build itself or just to make sure I am not doing anything wrong so I don't destroy anything in the process

The guitar I am modding is an Aria-STG
Also the bridge will be a fixed bridge (well anything but a Floyd rose)
and just to make it clear the pickups have a S-S-S (all single coil) configuration with a 5-way switch and are all passive.
I am quite good with DIY, I can work a soldering iron and know my way around a guitar :D
broken-frets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Heilz
Fable in the Cold Bed

Then you should be pretty much okay

Just be sure the Neck you buy is the right dimensions so you don't have to sweat on a possible modding of a nice neck.

One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?
Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Heilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
broken-frets

thats great, I really needed some feedback about this build to make sure i was on the right tracks, cheers for the advice
broken-frets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: