Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > New Members Q&A Forum
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Tarsmith
Registered looser

Question General questions

First off, is there an existing thread for asking questions? I have read the FAQ, but didn't find the answer(s). I also tried to search for general questions thread, but again, couldn't find one.

Why can't I see links on people's messages? There's only "[forbidden link]". I have considered the possibility that they truly are forbidden links, but they show the same way even in mods' messages too.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
KorYi
n00b

as far as i know, there isn't any 'general questions' topic. Generally, when people have question (about pretty much anything) they try to first search the forum for a similar question and if they don't find anything, they simply make a new topic.

"[forbidden link]", dunno really, haven't seen it around much. I supposed it's link that somehow violates the rules (e.g. links for pirated software, etc)
KorYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
coco-loco
UG's Only Ghoulscout

If I need to ask a question in regards to how to do something on the site (not if it has to do with guitar), I'll actually come into here, the New Members Q&A Forum! I've got responses in here before, and I've been here for over 3 years now!

As for the forbidden link thing, I really have no idea sorry. Perhaps try a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Hope you enjoy your stay here at UG Hotel :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
coco-loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
kevin.somera

im buying an electric guitat but im not sure what to get. im new to electric but ive been playing acoustic for a bit and im interested in picking up an electric.

i have 275 $ but i can probably save up to 340$

i was thinking of getting an epiphone les paul 100
i was also thinking of getting either a telecaster or a strat but i dont know what to get
kevin.somera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
UseYourThumb

^Try to find an Epiphone Les Paul Standard used. You can get one for about that much and they are much better than the 100 model. For that price you could also find a Fender Mexican Strat used. At that price level, the best thing to do is to buy used.

Can anybody tell me how to properly embed youtube videos on the site? I've been trying for half an hour and a search yields no results.
UseYourThumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin.somera
im buying an electric guitat but im not sure what to get. im new to electric but ive been playing acoustic for a bit and im interested in picking up an electric.

i have 275 $ but i can probably save up to 340$

i was thinking of getting an epiphone les paul 100
i was also thinking of getting either a telecaster or a strat but i dont know what to get

You should post here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...isplay.php?f=26

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourThumb
Can anybody tell me how to properly embed youtube videos on the site? I've been trying for half an hour and a search yields no results.

Post the URL and make sure there's no "&" in it, if there is then erase it and everything after it.

Rate This Thread: