Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
ZOMG_A_COW

Fallen Angel (Demo) - Metal - C4C

Just a little demo my band and I recorded a few months ago. I am the guitarist/vocalist, but have not put vocals on yet because I just blew 80% of my savings on an amp head.

I recorded the guitars with impulses through POD Farm. Advice, comments, etc are appreciated.

Thanks!

http://soundcloud.com/zomgacow/fallen-angel-demo
ZOMG_A_COW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
STONESHAKER
UG Fanatic

Hey bud,

I left some comments on your soundcloud to give you my specific reactions to various things. But overall, the production quality was solid, the mix was solid, the composition was solid, although I did note at one point that there were certain ideas you introduced almost transitionally that were a bit darker and I would have liked to hear more of those ideas expanded upon. Overall though definitely enjoyable, looking forward to hearing more of your band's work.
STONESHAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
ZOMG_A_COW

Thanks man! Really appreciate the feedback
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
ryan19

Pretty tight recording. Sounds very Children of Bodom influenced. I think the mix could be worked on a little bit, specifically the sound of the snare drum. It sounds too tinny, needs more power and oomf if u know what i mean. And the bass drum, maybe u should try blending it with another sample or something, u can tell it sounds fake. Overall, it was really good!

Check out my recording:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1569668
ryan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
ZOMG_A_COW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan19
Pretty tight recording. Sounds very Children of Bodom influenced. I think the mix could be worked on a little bit, specifically the sound of the snare drum. It sounds too tinny, needs more power and oomf if u know what i mean. And the bass drum, maybe u should try blending it with another sample or something, u can tell it sounds fake. Overall, it was really good!

Check out my recording:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1569668

Checked it out and left my thoughts I liked it! And thanks for listening, yeah we love that band among many others haha, but honestly we just have a thing for keyboards and stuff. And yeah I'm not the best guy at mixing/mastering and whatnot and again, this is just a demo but I'm definitely working on that.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Jim #4

hey, thx for your comment.

i left some more specific stuff at the soundcloud.

but i have to say that its a really solid song and i liked it.

it flows good for the most part and where it didnt, i think that its more of a mixing problem rather then structuring
Jim #4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: