Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Marqway

Who Invented Experience (Original)

heres a song I just uploaded , it def has some influences in there anyway if you wouldnt mind *critique*

would love to hear some feed back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeD_sDJjsrk&feature=plcp
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
AmirT

Makes me think of Message in a bottle :-)
AmirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Marqway

Message in a bottle huh , well I did use to listen to that song alot maybe I was alil influenced by them anyway thank you for the feed
cheers = )
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
HGaniere
UG's video game addict

I like the chorus feel to the song man! But there's just one thing missing to me. It's just missing more instruments. Like a nice solid drum beat, and another instrument for melody. Besides that the guitar playing is a 10/10. I can see the Buckethead influence as well.
HGaniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
STONESHAKER
UG Fanatic

Hey bud, figured I'd critique another one of yours since I just listened to one.

First off -- like the guitar tones and the ideas the song opens up on. Sounds like a curious conversation. I can see where the "message in a bottle" comment came from - it's your guitar tone. Is that chorus and reverb or just reverb? Either way, that's what drew the comparison b/c the composition itself sounds different.

So it's 1:56 in and while your playing isn't repetitive, the vibe has kind of worn out its welcome at this point and my ears are tired of hearing the intro. I would have used the cool clean part to segue into a different sounding section maybe closer to 1:00-1:15, then brought it back to these clean ideas at the end of the song (particularly the kind of stuff you play around 3:30).

Again, I like what you have here. It sounds good, it is well played, and your tone is excellent. It just needs to be built upon is all.

At this point I think you have critiqued all my work, but yesterday I did put up new mixes for pretty much all my stuff on my soundcloud. If you see one in my sig you'd like to critique, feel free and I'll get you a C4C.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Marqway

hey Thanks stone for the critique yesturday felt alittle down after I heard " This vibe has worn out its welcome"

but then today as im reading ur crit again I notice u were refering to the intro melody has still been playing maybe I could have shortened up that part. which is cool I can live with that. for this recording It was kinda ment for a improvisation kinda bluesy thing going but I think I could have added some other stuff or changed the rhythm section for a different rhythm or just go outside for a bit then bring it back

n I will def take the advice about "Building" other things into this or with any idea so thanx

Last edited by Marqway : 10-30-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Marqway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Marqway

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGaniere
I like the chorus feel to the song man! But there's just one thing missing to me. It's just missing more instruments. Like a nice solid drum beat, and another instrument for melody. Besides that the guitar playing is a 10/10. I can see the Buckethead influence as well.

Hey thanks alot for the kind words aswell as the critique I think adding other instruments will add more flavour to the track appreciate it, will keep this in mind
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
deguitar

Great tune and very strong vibe! After first listen, the main guitar line stuck in my head afterwards. The song has color and emotion and I like the improv feel. Drums (but not too much) and melody a little more out front, with improv in-between, would help build and tell the story. Really like this one.
deguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: