Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
maninasuitcase

What kind of guitar is this?

I often see Jon Anderson playing this type of guitar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskFnWFrt-0&feature=player_embedded#! I don't always remembering it being fully acoustic with a sound hole. I saw that type of guitar in a music shop but it wasn't electric. Anyone know what type of guitar that is? Brand?
maninasuitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

It's a custom/modified Martin Backpacker with a viola scroll and some additional electronics:

Quote:
The midi guitar, is that the backpack kind of guitar on the DVD?

Yes, it is a backpack guitar with a scroll from a viola and violin to make it look kind of snazzy. The backpack is very lightweight as well and it is very comfortable. It also sounds beautiful. I am very surprised how beautiful it sounds.

Was that guitar custom made for you?

Yes, I made it myself, with a company around the corner in Nipomo. It's called L. R. Baggs. They actually create the midi pickup for guitars. Initially there was a company out of Canada that created the midi guitar, but the guitar was so heavy for me I transferred the insides of the guitar, (the pickup and all the electronics of it) and transferred it into a backpacker. With the help of this guy called Bo and L. R. Baggs.

http://www.dprp.net/specials/2006_anderson/index.php

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: