Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Full Album, 42:00, Prog Metal/Metalcore/Deathcore/Whatever/Who Cares/C4C

I've had most of this album written for about two years, and I'm just now getting around to actually recording it, so I figured I'd squeeze it all into one file and let you hear this.

There is a somewhat wide range of styles here because the songs range from being written about a few days ago to being written about five years ago. Some of them have been posted here before. I particularly recall Track 05 being really well received. If anybody bothers listening to the whole thing, I'd like to know what kind of sound you think I've excelled best at, or which sounds I should explore a little more.

C4C, of course.
EDIT: If you're critting this because I critted you first, you of course don't need to cover the whole thing. Comments on any part of it at all would be nice.

Track explanations: Deleted, because aint nobody got time for dat, and it's a pain in the butt for me to fix now that I've added more songs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Speaking Treason Album.zip (73.0 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by Macabre_Turtle : 01-28-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Macabre_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
sukittrebek

dude i wanna hear a full copy once it's recorded! def sounds good
sukittrebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

You definitely will, suki! Thanks.
Atlas' Burden (Instrumental)
And for those who really enjoyed that and want to hear other random songs unrelated to that album...
Other music
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
amonamarthmetal

can you split them into individual files? or post what songs are at what bars?

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

I used markers with the track numbers, so you can use the "previous marker" and "next marker" buttons to get between songs.
And for those who really enjoyed that and want to hear other random songs unrelated to that album...
Other music

Last edited by Macabre_Turtle : 01-28-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
amonamarthmetal

My... god..., I didn't even know you could do that! i will look now

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Ometh
nobody

The whole album in one file? Really?

mcaebre torle pls
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

There's a number of reasons I did that, Ometh. Mostly it helps me with the recording process, but I also think it's more convenient for anybody here that might want to listen to all of it.
Other music
Old 10-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
shavorules42
UG Board King

Where da bass at? Turn DAT ISH UP NIGGA

And cup his balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
shavorules42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Erra93
erriuyai

Oh man, you're the guy who made that awesome 5th song! So far I've enjoyed all of the songs and I don't expect I will be disappointed by the remaining, great job

Btw, how does the ebow work? The sound comes out of the guitar's output, right? I'm a newb, heh.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
Oh man, you're the guy who made that awesome 5th song! So far I've enjoyed all of the songs and I don't expect I will be disappointed by the remaining, great job

Btw, how does the ebow work? The sound comes out of the guitar's output, right? I'm a newb, heh.

Thanks for the compliments. I was hoping somebody would recognize that song.

The Ebow basically just keeps the string you're playing vibrating, giving you infinite sustain, and some really unique and crazy tones. Especially if you get some good delay and reverb involved. I bought one like 5 years ago and just recently found it and realized I'd never actually written a song that used it.
Other music
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
Thanks for the compliments. I was hoping somebody would recognize that song.

The Ebow basically just keeps the string you're playing vibrating, giving you infinite sustain, and some really unique and crazy tones. Especially if you get some good delay and reverb involved. I bought one like 5 years ago and just recently found it and realized I'd never actually written a song that used it.

Haha, it's one of the finer songs I've heard here, so kudos to you!

Oh! That I could definitely use, might have to buy one some day!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
Objekt

Well I listened up to track 2 and it was pretty good dude I get what you're going for the tech atonal parts remind me of BTBAM. Gonna listen to the rest of it man you should get these songs recorded asap.
Objekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objekt
Well I listened up to track 2 and it was pretty good dude I get what you're going for the tech atonal parts remind me of BTBAM. Gonna listen to the rest of it man you should get these songs recorded asap.

Oh yes, the second track definitely had two or three riffs inspired by BTBAM. Recording is in progress, but no guarantees as to how soon it will it will be up. Thanks for the comment.
Other music
Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

BUMP

Because I've updated. Added two new songs, now tracks 6&7 for anybody that may have already listened and wants to hear the new stuff.
Other music

Last edited by Macabre_Turtle : 01-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #16
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

And bump because I've added another song. Track 9 is now new. Or, partially new since I basically frankensteined together some really recent writing with some really old writing.

Also, I realize the title of this thread is not incorrect as the album is closer to an hour now. Whoops.
Other music

Last edited by Macabre_Turtle : 01-28-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #17
Erra93
erriuyai

I'm sorry for being like awfully super late to crit this, but the few things I have to say (I basically love your work, so it's hard to find things to improve lol)

Bar 685, (song 5?), that chord is awesome enough that I feel there should be more of it, so I wrote this shitty thing as an example of what I think would be cool to have (obviously less poorly written though!)

Song 9, the clean guitar.. not sure of the intention, but it feels like it's just there..
The next riff, the chords played by the left guitar add a lot to it, great stuff! Would've been nice with a bit more chords though, but might just be me!

1158-1165, lovely! Wouldn't change a thing and it transitions well to the next riff which is pretty cool!

The riff at 1190 is really quite nice, I very much enjoy parts where there aren't new chords in every bar!

Riff at 1224 comes in very unexpectedly, still good and transitions very well to the next riff which I thoroughly enjoyed!

Breakdown.. is a breakdown, not much to say about it, it's all good!

The next part which sounds kind of chorusy is cool as well, but the funky bass, lmao. Now that is awesome, was kind of expecting it to end or burst out into some epic outro there, but the next bass part is cool too, so all is well.

Woah, the 1337-part is awesome, not sure about the actual outro which sounds somewhat In Flames-y, but it doesn't sound off at least!

I'm sorry there wasn't more I could come up with mate!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

You know, that was actually really interesting to read, because starting from the you described as "unexpected," everything from that point on except the reuse of the main riff, and the slap bass section, were actually frankensteined in from an old song. It's basically two different songs fused together right there. And how you said you expected the slap bass to go right into the next epic part, this is amusing too because I initially wrote that section intending to replace the next bass section since it's made of references to early parts of the song and it would help me piece them together a little better, but I couldn't bare actually getting rid of the next part because I liked it too much, so they both stayed. Haha.

Thanks for the crit back. I looked at the update on your song, and your changes did a lot of good!
Other music
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
Ometh
nobody

122 hits me right in the feels ;_;

EDIT: This has totally a BTBAM feel at times, with some really nice neoclassic passages similar to old Human Abstract. I can tell because I used to love those bands (strokes -core beard). I swear, if I had heard this back in '09 I would've loved it. Still very solid for the genre.

Last edited by Ometh : 03-15-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #20
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer

I'm glad to hear it, Ometh. Both of those bands have been very influential for me.
Other music

Rate This Thread: