Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-13-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
Deepaksr

Humming when i touch Pickup tape

I am having this guitar for almost an year now. Its an IbanezRG370DXZ. The problem i face now is whenever i slightly touch the pickup tape(clothe like thing wrapped around the pickup!) when i do palm muting and all it making a humming sound.
I get the humming on bridge and neck pickup position only.
when i select humbucker and single coil combined pickup position humming goes away completely. whats the issue?
Deepaksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:55 AM   #2
Tallwood13

good question i guess an easy solution would be to add pickup covers. But to me I find they muffle the sound of the guitar

the only ones I like are these kind of course we'll get kids going "OMG ARE THOSE EMG" but it's simple for those who don't know what pole spacing is
Tallwood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #3
Deepaksr

is this a common problem in guitars? i dont think pickup cover is a good fix for me. any alternatives? will wrapping insulation tape around pickup help?
Deepaksr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #4
esky15

Possibly a bad ground or loose wire, but why are you touching the pickups when palm muting? Sounds like you're pushing very hard.
esky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #5
frederickpoore

Problem is guitar if the sound make different. If the loose wire or any mistakes are occurred in your instrument.
frederickpoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: