Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast
 
vayne92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
So i bought strings and one was too short..

As the title says.

I bought 2 packets of elixir 11-52s today and the D string was too short to string.. wouldn't make it through the machinehead. I am mad. A pack of elixir's costs $20 here and i had to use the D string from my second pack and now like.. When i restring it again i wont have that D string... Dafuq

Has anyone ever had anything stupid like this happen to them?
__________________
~My Gear~
Sterling JP60
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
American Standard Tele 2012
Yamaha APX450
~~~
Line 6 POD HD500
Orange Dark terror
Orange PPC112

Last edited by vayne92 : 10-26-2012 at 11:31 AM.
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
I bought a pack of D'addarios last month and it was missing the high E string all together.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Delboyuk_01
Registered User
 
Delboyuk_01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Essex, England
Not had that problem with a normal guitar. I do struggle to string the G on my 12 string because of the distance from one end to the other though.
I don't buy that make of strings unless I have to either.
Delboyuk_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
J_W
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Can't you take them back?
J_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
dumbface12
They call me Bubbles
 
dumbface12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: In a shed at Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I bought a pack of D'addarios last month and it was missing the high E string all together.


I got a pack of D'addarios last month and i had gotten two high e strings maybe i got the one that was suppose to be in your pack
__________________
Yeah I'm that guy who says I'm right
but more than likely is wrong

It happens doesn't it?
dumbface12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
guitarguydm123
Registered User
 
guitarguydm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I bought a pack once where 2 of the strings were missing the little balls on the end
__________________
Guitars-
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 "Nikki"

Amp-
Micro Orange Terror W/PPC108 Cab
Peavey Vypyr VIP1

Pedals-
Digitech Metal Masters
guitarguydm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
TimTheWizard
they call me Guru
 
TimTheWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Candy Mountain, Ooo
for those things you take it back to the shop, mkay.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
TimTheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
supersac
Registered User
 
supersac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
you should take it back to the shop
also ive never had string problems out of al the unlucky things to happen thats not one that happens to me
__________________
a youtube link?
maybe you should click on it
http://www.youtube.com/user/supersac69


Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
You sound like an amazing friend
i sound like one...im secretly a huge dick

my bands soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/thenativetongues
supersac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbface12
I got a pack of D'addarios last month and i had gotten two high e strings maybe i got the one that was suppose to be in your pack


I honestly wouldnt be surprised
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
jpcl
Registered User
 
jpcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I honestly wouldnt be surprised


This is a feature when you buy Elixir's or D'addario's. It means you must find other guitarists who are within your range and have these kind of problems, so you can all complete each other and this pulls guitarists together, so they have a fun time.

That or their packing machines are getting a bit dusty.
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcl
This is a feature when you buy Elixir's or D'addario's. It means you must find other guitarists who are within your range and have these kind of problems, so you can all complete each other and this pulls guitarists together, so they have a fun time.

That or their packing machines are getting a bit dusty.


that's the funniest thing I read all day!





__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
jpcl
Registered User
 
jpcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
that's the funniest thing I read all day!




Strings are the new trendy collection cards. Everyone will be swapping them with each other!
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
alexpalka23
Registered User
 
alexpalka23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcl
Strings are the new trendy collection cards. Everyone will be swapping them with each other!


I have a Blue Eyes White- D'addario if you're interested. Of course, you'll have to duel me for it...
__________________
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
alexpalka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
jpcl
Registered User
 
jpcl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpalka23
I have a Blue Eyes White- D'addario if you're interested. Of course, you'll have to duel me for it...


Card dueling can be dangerous...
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.