Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #21
Monkeyleg
Tataglia is a pimp.

I'm not sure if this is the same guitar he was using in the video I saw, but this one was given to him by the Ampeg rep, and he played it a few times onstage.

His most common guitar setup at that time was a Telecaster with a humbug neck pickup, low E string removed, and tuned to open G. Brown Sugar only uses the 2nd through 5th strings.

Ry Cooder played on Beggar's Banquet, and taught Richards open G tuning. I don't think he played in anything other than standard tuning before that, but I certainly could be wrong.

Edit: that is the same guitar as in the video, and has a single bridge pickup. I don't think he got that guitar until a couple of years after they recorded Brown Sugar (they recorded it here in AL in 1969, but didn't release it on an album until 1971 because of a dispute with their manager, Allan Klein).

Last edited by Monkeyleg : 11-03-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Monkeyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
Mephaphil
No empty frets.

We were all there man. Soon enough you'll be stressing over a new technique and you'll be barre chording all over the shop.

Watch the video, do what he does, do it a lot slower, to the point where you can comfortably do it, even if that is ridiculously slow and eventually you will get.

It really is just a case of muscle memory and neurology and as you can already barre I'm confident you'll get it. Plus, its not that hard so with patience you will get there.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: