Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #61
ne14t

Would like to know if this person has brought this up with GC because the more they wait the more likely they are going to be told to pound sand. I am fairly sure they will try and right their wrong; however if you go in a week later and say hey you dented my guitar when I had it setup here a week ago they are going to say.

"Where is your proof, do you have pictures of the guitar before and after clearly indicating the damage was done at GC."

If you have absolutely no way to back up your claim aside from saying, I took my guitar in and now it's dented without raising any alarms immediately with GC they can easily turn it around on you and say well you could have easily dropped the guitar at home or something and now you are screwed. Also did they make you sign off on anything when you took back possession of the guitar, because somewhere on that probably stipulates that you agreed the guitar was in the same condition as when you brought it in. I hate to be the devil's advocate but this is all very important stuff to getting your baby fixed free of charge and promptly.
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #62
jpcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunderfungus
Yeah thats the way, just become life's doormat, and except every dick move everyone throws your way. Never stand up for your self or what is right.

Letting a dent slip is hardly "giving up on life". This didn't even happen to you, yet your all passive-agressive, lol.

He has the right to complain, but if he doesn't, don't turn it into the end of the World. No disrespect intended, but if someone acts that serious over a dent, your probably going to act as a "bigger dick" by making it personal when it isn't going to change your life.

Once again, not saying it's ok to start denting people's guitar, but damn, if that dent happened due to your own sloppyness you'd wish it didn't happen, yet you'd forget about it the next day. I don't see how acting so extreme would make someone else look like the real "dick".
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #63
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

But it's not just about the dent, it's about the fact that they had no intention of helping the TS when they know they ****ed up. That's just greedy and selfish behaviour, just so they don't have to fork out any money to fix what they caused.

It's people like these douche-nuggets that give people in musical retail a bad name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #64
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

I am disappoint "his mom" hasn't been an option of what to do. So, TS, do his mom
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
IronMaiden76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #65
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
But it's not just about the dent, it's about the fact that they had no intention of helping the TS when they know they ****ed up. That's just greedy and selfish behaviour, just so they don't have to fork out any money to fix what they caused.

It's people like these douche-nuggets that give people in musical retail a bad name.

I'm with this man. **** em up dude, that's a load of shit. Don't barge in screaming but let them know you aren't happy. and listen to dannyalcatraz (trust him, he's a lawyer)
Old 11-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #66
jpcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt

Don't worry. Karma's a you-know-what, and in the end, he just got a little bump on the guitar which won't change anything, while his opinion on them will change, and maybe they've just lost a good customer. Then again...this has been posted here for many to see, so I'm pretty sure that it won't just be one. It's not worth a fight and they'll be the one's losing. If these tech's do really work in the way they do, they are losing money for each person that decides to think again about going there. So they'll have it coming to them and TS won't even have to move a muscle, or give them a single word.

How's that for payback?
jpcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #67
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfinity000
It's been released to the public, you can get it online at gearhounds.com.

In all fairness the Jackson looks so much better than the BC Rich.

StrykVladzimsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #68
FenderBender72
The Bearded Warrior

i dont feel like reading all the comments, so i'll just ask. has anybody mentioned fapping yet?

FenderBender72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #69
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

No, and nobody mentioned his mom till I did
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
IronMaiden76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #70
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp

Now, at first I found the idea of a tech, being handed a valuable instrument and treating it so carelessly, the lowest form of incompetence. Then, I was at the most respected tech within 200 miles of my town's shop, and he was handed a 1970 Gibson V, Natural finish, Kahler trem, and the first thing after receiving it he accidentally smashed the lower wing into a hammer near his bench.

So, with V's, either everyone is careless and incompetant or sometimes it's just unavoidable.
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #71
dannyalcatraz

And what did the tech do in your case? Did you ask him to do anything about it?

Look, I design jewelry as a hobby, but I don't have metalworking skills, so every piecei do us a partnership between me and an actual jeweler.

My first design, the stone fell out of its setting on the third day. The jeweler replaced it at his cost.

Adesign I did years later- 14k gold, topaz, tourmaline, and an opal the size of a half-dollar- was in for repair on some prongs, and when the jeweler was resetting the opal, the thing shattered. He replaced it at his cost.

Now, in both cases, the loss was total until the replacement was made. The TS is in a slightly different position.

In the TS's case, his property was damaged, not functionally destroyed. The responsibility remains the same- if the owner of the property asks to be made whole or compensated for the damage, he is owed that much, morally, ethically, and legally.

If you can let it slide, that's all good too, quite commendable. But if you ask for some kind of satisfaction and don't get it, well, there's a problem.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 11-03-2012 at 01:27 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #72
thegreatbuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
How does the guitar feel in your hands? No two guitars feel exactly the same. I don't know if I would risk trading in a guitar that fits me perfect for another of the same model that might not. But that's just me, personally.

Just have the tech fill it for free. That seems the easiest solution. That, or ask for a partial refund as if you would have bought the guitar B-stock.

I mean, the tech shouldn't have scratched it, but does a scratch really ruin a guitar to you guys?

Because every single GC is the same .

You can be stern, but acting pissed probably won't win you anything extra. It's a business just like any other.

you are a very reasonable man, far more so than most people on these boards

Kudos man, keep taking it easy
thegreatbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #73
lemurflames
Ronnie

Really? Did you really have to necro?
PRS 212 DB
Peavey 5150 212
ProTone Dead Horse OD
lemurflames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #74
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

honestly, if it were my store (i obviously don't have one) you would have screwed yourself walking out of the door with the dent before complaining then.

how many people try to return a guitar that they dented or scratched for a new one. probably quite often.

IMO the only way you will get refunded is if the tech owns up. otherwise they have no reason to believe you.

its a dent, and its a guitar. i would be willing to bet that you will give it a few more dents in the next few years. it sucks, but its bound to happen.

filing a lawsuit would be ridiculous. whoever said that, have you dealt with a lawyer?

hopefully they will be nice, and fix it, but don't expect it.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #75
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
filing a lawsuit would be ridiculous. whoever said that, have you dealt with a lawyer?

I suggested it, but only as a last resort.

I'm a lawyer.

I said it should be in small claims court, where lawyers are not used in 99.99% of cases.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 11-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #76
jeffo46

Go to the store manager along with the copy of your reciept, and explain to him what their " tech " and I use that term, very loosely as far as GC is concerned, did ! Demand that he repair it free of charge, or they refund you in full for the guitar.
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #77
thegreatbuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
Really? Did you really have to necro?

Yes... Yes I did so Get over yourself buddy

That guy JustRooster gave one of the most sensible answers and I felt he should know. While you were just being a ****.

Also the thread is less than a month old Go bother someone else with your useless posts

Last edited by thegreatbuddha : 11-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #78
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatbuddha
Yes... Yes I did so Get over yourself buddy

That guy JustRooster gave one of the most sensible answers and I felt he should know. While you were just being a ****.

Also the thread is less than a month old Go bother someone else with your useless posts

No, JustRooster gave his opinion on the situation and you happen to agree with his opinion. And while I don't completely disagree with him, his suggestion isn't objectively better than most of the other suggestions, because the only thing that matters is what would make the TS happy in the end.

Also, I don't think this was a necrobump either.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #79
thegreatbuddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
No, JustRooster gave his opinion on the situation and you happen to agree with his opinion. And while I don't completely disagree with him, his suggestion isn't objectively better than most of the other suggestions, because the only thing that matters is what would make the TS happy in the end.

Also, I don't think this was a necrobump either.

I never said objectively better, in fact I specifically said "one of the most sensible" for that reason

But when we're talking about opinions its hard to be objective so that's a fair enough statement on your part.

I just think all the "DEMAND A FULL REFUND" replies were being way too rash
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #80
SteveHOC
Used Register

If you bought a car with a warranty, brought it back to the dealer for a tune up, and they dented it, you would have them fix the dent. If they drove it over a cliff, you would expect a new car.

I have some more inappropriate scenarios, but there may be young children present, and I would hate to warp young minds.

False equivalencies are fun.
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: