Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #21
The Spoon
You can't bend The Spoon
 
The Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AZ
Where ever they filmed that video is a really beautiful location.
__________________
LESS ANNOYING SIGNATURE
The Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #22
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Their old band (minus one of the guitarists) for anyone who wants to see who these guys really are. http://www.myspace.com/vanguardca

Skip the first two songs, they're BAAO songs. The others are Vanguard.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
 
punkforlife93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Carolina
lol @ Andrew hating on them but liking their band on Facebook
__________________
i am the water in a puddle in the shade of a tree

Up the Skramz

Random Review Blog | Deadformat | Last.fm
punkforlife93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkforlife93
lol @ Andrew hating on them but liking their band on Facebook

I actually meant to unlike them a while back. I had to like them to actually listen to their demo a while ago.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #25
asator
whatever
 
asator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland.
This band is awful.
__________________
My name is Danny. Call me that.
asator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Gerard_xD
-
 
Gerard_xD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scotland
So bland, sick of hearing about them.

Worst band name, worst song name, worst music.

EDIT: All of that aside, one of my main problems with them is their fan base, the people who go on about them being really deep and stuff. No they're not, the lyrics are just so generic and uninspired. The production also sucks.
__________________


Last edited by Gerard_xD : 10-29-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Gerard_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
 
punkforlife93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by synestershadows
I actually meant to unlike them a while back. I had to like them to actually listen to their demo a while ago.

I hate when bands do that.

I also hate that the singer in our band loves this band.
__________________
i am the water in a puddle in the shade of a tree

Up the Skramz

Random Review Blog | Deadformat | Last.fm
punkforlife93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
 
Kyle<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
I got a response from one of their guitarists on tumblr after I ranted on one of their videos. He was super butthurt when I said how they didn't really know what they were doing.
__________________
last.fm
tumblr
Kyle<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
asator
whatever
 
asator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland.
Like shit, this is seriously so fucking bad. They've literally taken the Ghost Inside, ditched the rhythm guitar and had the lead guitarist play with no distortion. They they added in some spoken word that's clearly ripping off Listener (which is terrible to begin with). The guitar player is even doing the Attack Attack "three small headbangs then one big one" thing.

Add to that that the song doesn't go anywhere and is at the same level throughout, the production is awful, the video sucks and THEIR NAME MAKES NO SENSE. I'm sure I watched another video of theirs which was equally terrible...this band is just a disaster.

I thought it was funny when Andrew started talking about them a few months ago, but now it's not so much amusing as annoying. I'm sure it's gotten even worse over time.
__________________
My name is Danny. Call me that.
asator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
lol it's sooooooo bad. and it's the shit that trendhopping n00bs are going to eat up. **** this band.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #31
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
 
Kyle<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Haha I dug up the exchange that we had.

This was after he initially posted "meh this makes me so depressed that people don't like my music "

"Are you in the band I was posting against? Your tumblr would make it appear that way, but I honestly don't know (or am able to see your response) because tumblr is being weird and won't let me see it. Anyway, I don't mean to disrespect the band or anyone who likes them personally, I'm sure they're/you're good dudes (I myself am a Christian) but this song is just an abomination to anyone who knows what they're doing. I can't find any creative output in it." - Me.

(keep in mind I would never say something like this now, I don't give two ****s about this band) but what surprised me was his response.

"You sent this to our band tumblr but yeah, my nameís Tyler and I write alot of the music.

Itís surprising to hear this kind of thing because weíve really NEVER had negative feedback like this before, but if you donít like the genre or the music obviously you can just not listen to it and we wonít bug you about it.

We have acoustic and live videos and shit too, but I donít know if youíre over those:




But yeah I mean Iíll paste my old response below; what you said really bummed me out and made me pretty depressed but I get it etc.

Paste:


I write alot of the music, so I kind of feel like I should respond to this.

The music was recorded by Brian Hood, whose mixes are generally very well respected in the audio community. However, it would make sense not to like this if you donít like his other bands (e.g. Gideon, As Hell Retreats), since the mixes are essentially the same.

The guitar chain is:

Fender Ď72 Custom Telecaster
Fulltone OCD
Orange Rocker 30
Mesa Oversized Recto Cab
sm57

Pretty much the same as any of his guitar chains.

The music obviously isnít written like La Dispute or Touche Amore or Counterparts or Listener, those are just bands that we like and then we make our own music. Alot of our fans like really diverse music, and we do to.

We put alot alot alot of time and work into our music, so we normally expect people to either like it or not care or something, but not troll it on the internet. Kind of weird butÖ

I get to tour in a van with my best friends playing music so, I guess I canít complain.


We ARE all really nice dudes and we try REALLY hard at our music so, please get to know us if you want. "

I imagined him saying all this in tears. You've really NEVER had anyone say anything bad about your music? Really?
__________________
last.fm
tumblr
Kyle<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #32
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
 
nashawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
I'm not even going to bother listening, because I assume I won't like it. So let's talk about the name, shall we?

Seriously, wat up wit dat?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #33
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Oh dear lapdancing lucifer, that acoustic video with those vocals.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Their songs aren't even songs. They have no structure, it's just one riff that goes nowhere.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #35
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by synestershadows
Their songs aren't even songs. They have no structure, it's just one riff that goes nowhere.


Checked out another song, The Hardest Part..., and it has a main riff and a chorus. So, technically it is a song.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #36
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
That's the song with all the djenty guitars and deathcore vocals, isn't it?
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #37
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Well, I liked it

Are you guys against bands like Touche Amore, Defeater and Counterparts too? Granted I like all those bands better than these guys, but I thought it was decent.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse


Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #38
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
No, we're just against bands that are deathcore in disguise and try to be original but just wind up sounding like crap. Did I mention these guys used to be in a deathcore band just a few years ago? Yeah, just think about that for a moment.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #39
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by synestershadows
No, we're just against bands that are deathcore in disguise and try to be original but just wind up sounding like crap. Did I mention these guys used to be in a deathcore band just a few years ago? Yeah, just think about that for a moment.
I'm okay with that honestly. The most frustrating thing about the album is the metalcore-ish choruses that pop up from time to time, and the eleven minute long instrumental break that gets really tiresome after a while. But overall I enjoy the music enough to keep it around.

Also, what is srscore?
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse



Last edited by Pat_s1t : 10-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #40
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
When they act all srs. What do you think it means?
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.