Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Hardcore
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by synestershadows
When they act all srs. What do you think it means?
When the band members act serious all the time or the music sounds serious?
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #42
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Both.

Examples include Hundredth, The Ghost Inside, BAAO, new Liferuiner, etc. I guess another name would be hoodiecore or windbreakercore.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Sometimes we get so low, downsides are
all we see.
Your world is swallowed whole and now
you're all alone waiting for me.
I put my faith in the ones I trust to stick
it out.
Who never tuck their tail and run.
That's what friendships all about.

Those are lyrics from a band who make a big deal out of stuff and are all serious about it. The vocals generally have this "hurt" sound to try and convey the urgency of the topic, despite the fact that they are generally very sterile and monotone compared to, say, Jacob Bannon, Chad Gilbert, Tomas Lindberg and other's vocals.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #44
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
So you can call this sort of life a hopeless endeavor
That this tiny vessel could ever endure such violent weather
Call it pointless
Iíll continue to carry out Grace none the less
I will scream it till my face is blue
There is a point to all of this and its always been You

I can imitate this part perfectly. That second to last line is also fucking horrible.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
I'm not even going to bother listening, because I assume I won't like it. So let's talk about the name, shall we?

Seriously, wat up wit dat?


Stupid trendhoppers not making the full leap.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #46
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
 
Pat_s1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. John's, NFLD, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by synestershadows
Both.

Examples include Hundredth, The Ghost Inside, BAAO, new Liferuiner, etc. I guess another name would be hoodiecore or windbreakercore.
Well, I like all those bands. Oh well.
__________________
Collide, Control, And Collapse

Pat_s1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #47
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
 
GodofCheesecake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SPACE LOL
How are more people not talking about how incredibly nonsensical the band name is? How did a group of, what, five dudes all agree that they should seriously call their band that?
__________________
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
GodofCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #48
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Cuz it sounds cool bro. It has srs deep meaning.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #49
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
srscore.


hoodiecore is Obey the Brave.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #50
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Most hoodiecore is srscore.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #51
Gerard_xD
-
 
Gerard_xD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scotland
Even worse than the fact the name exists is the fact they typed it like "B E I N G A S A N O C E A N" in the video description.

And who the hell though that acoustic video would be a good idea?
__________________

Gerard_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #52
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
B E I N
G / A S
A N / O
C E A N
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #53
InstantAXonHero
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
'I'm an Ocean to me'

lol.
__________________
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)
InstantAXonHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
 
Kyle<3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
Well, I liked it

Are you guys against bands like Touche Amore, Defeater and Counterparts too? Granted I like all those bands better than these guys, but I thought it was decent.


A few people are down with Counterparts, a few more with Touche and Defeater, but at least most of these bands have somewhat of an aura of knowing what they're doing. These kids just seem like they used to like deathcore and then heard of La Dispute and decided they wanted to mix the two.

Seeing as they took the most cliche parts of deathcore (the production, breakdowns, the vocals) and then basically just copied other (better, not amazing, but better) bands like La Dispute and Touche (with a little bit of Listener..) shows how little amount of creativity they actually put into this.

This band will have their 15 seconds of fame and then die out like the rest of their cookie cutter counterparts.
__________________
last.fm
tumblr
Kyle<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #55
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle<3
A few people are down with Counterparts, a few more with Touche and Defeater, but at least most of these bands have somewhat of an aura of knowing what they're doing. These kids just seem like they used to like deathcore and then heard of La Dispute and decided they wanted to mix the two.

Seeing as they took the most cliche parts of deathcore (the production, breakdowns, the vocals) and then basically just copied other (better, not amazing, but better) bands like La Dispute and Touche (with a little bit of Listener..) shows how little amount of creativity they actually put into this.

This band will have their 15 seconds of fame and then die out like the rest of their cookie cutter counterparts.



But I actually love Counterparts. Their last album was just so good.
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #56
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Ifeelthingstoocore
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #57
Dregen
damien wren
 
Dregen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
No.

Don't remind me

Don't remind me


do you live in south dakota by any chance?
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #58
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
I just noticed what this album/song is called. Oooh G-d!
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #59
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
 
synestershadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Hey guiz we're so Christian that we don't wanna write out God. Aren't we cool and edgy?
__________________
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
synestershadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #60
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
I'm cool with religious beliefs and all that, but I can't stand the g-d thing.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.