Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
hardwyre525
Banned

c4c on this

hardwyre525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
XianXiuHong
UG's Classical Guitarist

Love the groove to this, the pseudo cross-rhythmic pattern in the beginning sets a steady pulse really well. The guitar solo fits quite well at first but after about 20 seconds of it, it doesn't really do much for me. Ridiculously clean playing though and the little gestural ideas you have between the fast passages are great!

Actually, as I'm writing this, I'm listening to it a second time and think the solos actually fit quite well, it seems I just needed to get a firmer context of why they're there and they're certainly very effective!

I'm not too convinced about the drums in the background, I'm sitting here wondering if they're intended to be sameish the entire way through or if it's because you don't really know what to do with them. I think if you had a little more interaction between the drums and the guitars, it would sound much more 'groovy' but otherwise, good job, I enjoyed it much more on the 2nd listen through!

Could you please crit mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1570514

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/XianXiuHong

It's worth it
XianXiuHong is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: