Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

2x12 build

Hi guys,

Started building a 2x12 from a Kuwaiti chest my Dad got from Desert Storm. The chest wasn't worth saving as it took a beating throughout the years. I couldn't part with it from the history so I decided a 2x12 tolxed over would be a great use. I needed a cab anyways.

I will be updating with pictures as I go. I ordered a bunch of crap from Mojotone. I am thinking a Swap Thang and a WGS veteran 30 for speakers, both 16ohm wires in parallel for 8ohms. My mark V has cab outlets for 4 and 8, my crate BV has 8,16 and my Krankenstein plus has 8,16. So 8 ohms works for all. I have not ordered the speakers yet.

I do have a question though- what gauge wiring for the speakers?

I have the frame all cut to shape. I will swing by Lowes and pick up an electric sander to prep for gluing. Hopefully I will have the frame glued today or at least started. Maybe by the end of this week I will have all the parts.

Last edited by R45VT : 10-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: