Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
Objekt

slightly tech melodic hardcore song

Here's a song I whipped up today I had the majority of the riffs written for ages but I put it all together today. Feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 lost in time.gp5 (28.7 KB, 162 views)
Objekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
guitar_jew

Good stuff, the intro was a little awkward, but the sections were good on their own and for the most part flowed together nice. Some of the riffs came off as genericore, but the leads managed to give it a nice, quasi-progressive vibe. All in all a good piece, but it definitely needs to be expanded on.

Out of curiosity, why a different drum track for each drum? You can put them all on one track without worries, and if you want to do weird polyrhythms and such, you can have two separate voices on the same track.

C4C? I think, based on this, you'd enjoy the album I have up here. Obviously no need to do the whole thing, though it would be GREATLY appreciated. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566286
guitar_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
Objekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_jew
Good stuff, the intro was a little awkward, but the sections were good on their own and for the most part flowed together nice. Some of the riffs came off as genericore, but the leads managed to give it a nice, quasi-progressive vibe. All in all a good piece, but it definitely needs to be expanded on.

Out of curiosity, why a different drum track for each drum? You can put them all on one track without worries, and if you want to do weird polyrhythms and such, you can have two separate voices on the same track.

C4C? I think, based on this, you'd enjoy the album I have up here. Obviously no need to do the whole thing, though it would be GREATLY appreciated. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566286

Thanks fo the feedback man! What can I change about the intro to make it sound better? Also, what parts specifically sounded generic? Laslty, What do you think I should do to expand on this piece? I seperate the drums because I have no clue how to use different note values when each part of the kit is in the same location if that makes sense haha. Also, I can't use guitar pro 6 on the crappy PC i'm using ATM so i couldn't listen to it I really wanna listen to it too. Any way of getting it in gp5 format?

Last edited by Objekt : 10-31-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
amonamarthmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objekt
Thanks fo the feedback man! What can I change about the intro to make it sound better? Also, what parts specifically sounded generic? Laslty, What do you think I should do to expand on this piece? I seperate the drums because I have no clue how to use different note values when each part of the kit is in the same location if that makes sense haha. Also, I can't use guitar pro 6 on the crappy PC i'm using ATM so i couldn't listen to it I really wanna listen to it too. Any way of getting it in gp5 format?

he might have thinked it came off as generic due to the 0-8-5 progression.
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Erra93
erriuyai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objekt

Either click CTRL +1 and CTRL + 2 to change voicings (which as he said is really only needed with weird beats), or you do what I do most of the time, I make them all 16th notes and place the snare, cymbals and kick in their right position but on their own "strings", now this came off as probably the worst explanation in the world, so I'm going to leave you with a picture that will help you understand:

Also, I thought this was a great song, everything flowed nicely and the riff from bars 11-18 was perfect, everything about it is pretty much how I want to write my songs haha

If you want to, a word or two about this song would be cool:
Mentalcore song

Last edited by Erra93 : 10-31-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Erra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
Ometh
nobody

I redid your drumtrack for the other song, but there's no way I'm doing it again lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal

He's right. That progression was already dead by the late 90's.

Last edited by Ometh : 10-31-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
Objekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
Either click CTRL +1 and CTRL + 2 to change voicings (which as he said is really only needed with weird beats), or you do what I do most of the time, I make them all 16th notes and place the snare, cymbals and kick in their right position but on their own "strings", now this came off as probably the worst explanation in the world, so I'm going to leave you with a picture that will help you understand:

Also, I thought this was a great song, everything flowed nicely and the riff from bars 11-18 was perfect, everything about it is pretty much how I want to write my songs haha

If you want to, a word or two about this song would be cool:
Mentalcore song

Thanks man that's gonna help a lot in the future. Also thanks for the kind words I'm currently downloading Tuxguitar so I can hear the song then I'll get back at you with feedback. I really like the part you said a lot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal

ahhh I see yeah back when metalcore was all at the gatesy and melo death inspired. Well I tried to differentiate by using different chord voicings when it comes in again at the second part at least I added a 1 there haha. Thanks for the feedback! I'll prob keep it the same anyways I like how it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I redid your drumtrack for the other song, but there's no way I'm doing it again lol.

hahaha It's cool dawg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
He's right. That progression was already dead by the late 90's.

true. Oh well I hope the rest of the song makes up for it. What did you think about the song though Ometh?

Last edited by Objekt : 10-31-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Rate This Thread: