TheWho845

Need help

Not sure where to go from here..

You're all famous
You're all rockstars
You're all movie stars too
It must feel really fine
To have all of the attention on you

Songs about crappy "musicians" who make really ****ing crappy cliche lyrics. Bands like BMTH ATR AA SWS PTV ect..

Best thing I ever wrote
TheWho845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
martinman777

to have all the money
to have all the women

?without knowing what real music is?

Last edited by martinman777 : 10-30-2012 at 07:21 PM.
martinman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
TheWho845

Good idea. Not the words I'd use but thanks

Best thing I ever wrote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
bluesybilly
Worlds Biggest Douche

You need some direction my friend. Regardless of what you may think of me or anything I write allow me to try and push you in that direction. So you're angry at the people who are famous merely for being famous. Good. Now take that anger and squeeze every drop of it out, when it starts to get all twisted up inside than you know you are getting there. Take it and strangle it like it just raped your mother, then pour it into a syringe and inject it into your writing. Now start writing. It should hurt, you should feel it, every single ounce of it should be painful to get on the page. if it doesn't hurt than repeat the process, take that bloody rage and just smear it with the ink. Don't write like anybody else. The problem with this piece is it feels like a nickelback song. I know you don't want to hear that, but from where I'm sitting that's how it looks. It seems like you're just jealous of all their attention because you don't get any. Now I don't know you from Adam but this is my perspective from this. Now you can sit there and think "man this guys a ****" but I truly am trying to help. Keep writing, keep letting it pour out of you, you'll get there. Or you won't, because I guess nobody ever really does, hell, most of us don't even know where "there" is. I had an english teacher back in high school who required us to write a poem about a wall. Yep. Sounds horrible right? Give it a shot, and try to write something about that wall that nobody has wrote before. Notice the details, the cracks in the paint, where the paint is blotchy, and where the holes live. The goal is to be unique, even when writing about something as mundane as a wall. Just trying to help buddy. Cheers.
bluesybilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Flevi

Bluesbilly you seem like a jerk at first yet in the end you are sincere and quite right, an interesting approach indeed
Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
TheWho845

I'd hate for that post to go to waste but it did. It's a nice idea of how to write. I'm not a writer from the heart, I write from the brain. Mostly about what I think not what I feel. I can do both but right now I have no feelings I want to write about buy many thoughts to point out. The thought here isn't me being jealous of anyone. He'll why would I be jealous of garbage bands like the ones I listed and not bands like led zeppelin the beatles pink floyd or queen. Arguably the most successful bands of all time. There's a reason I don't dislike those bands it's called respect. I can't respect bands that live the stereotypical party hard life style, and I think they're morons who don't deserve respect. It's more about self worth and how it's possible that people could be happy being so stupid. I'd never be jealous of people I find idiotic. Not just those bands either. People like the jersey shore cast, and people like the kardashians.

Best thing I ever wrote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Mr.Pink101
Ribbed for her pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWho845
I'd hate for that post to go to waste but it did. It's a nice idea of how to write. I'm not a writer from the heart, I write from the brain. Mostly about what I think not what I feel. I can do both but right now I have no feelings I want to write about buy many thoughts to point out. The thought here isn't me being jealous of anyone. He'll why would I be jealous of garbage bands like the ones I listed and not bands like led zeppelin the beatles pink floyd or queen. Arguably the most successful bands of all time. There's a reason I don't dislike those bands it's called respect. I can't respect bands that live the stereotypical party hard life style, and I think they're morons who don't deserve respect. It's more about self worth and how it's possible that people could be happy being so stupid. I'd never be jealous of people I find idiotic. Not just those bands either. People like the jersey shore cast, and people like the kardashians.

You clearly know nothing of a touring musicians life. Your massively stereotypical archetype 'good' and 'bad' bands and complete disregard for musical tolerance make me want to punch kittens and the oh-so-alternative pop bashing you do just makes you look like a wannabe hipster. I'd have called you a hipster, except you idolize Queen, The Beatles and Pink Floyd as opposed to Captain Beefheart and Neutral Milk Hotel.

That being said - give us more than a single verse to actually go on. You said basically nothing in the original post, how can we help you write a full song?
Old 10-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
jcscullery

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinman777
to have all the money
to have all the women

?without knowing what real music is?

How about:

to get all the cash
to get all the ass

?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
martinman777

i like it thats a bit better
martinman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
Wild Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink101
You clearly know nothing of a touring musicians life. Your massively stereotypical archetype 'good' and 'bad' bands and complete disregard for musical tolerance make me want to punch kittens and the oh-so-alternative pop bashing you do just makes you look like a wannabe hipster. I'd have called you a hipster, except you idolize Queen, The Beatles and Pink Floyd as opposed to Captain Beefheart and Neutral Milk Hotel.

That being said - give us more than a single verse to actually go on. You said basically nothing in the original post, how can we help you write a full song?

This.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1489066

Pimping my latest project. Grunge rock from Melbourne http://vimmband.com/
Wild Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
TheWho845

Not exactly going anywhere from here ill find it out. Thanks for the help

Best thing I ever wrote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
2thebeat89
Banned

Someone answer me here plaese! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30542228
Thank you!
2thebeat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
Snotfish
whacktacular

That one verse you gave is honestly complete boring garbage. Writing from the brain? That is more like sticking a pen up your backside and writing from your ***hole.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
TheWho845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotfish
That one verse you gave is honestly complete boring garbage. Writing from the brain? That is more like sticking a pen up your backside and writing from your ***hole.

Would you like me to write you an apology. I came mostly for opinions, and critisism. That's it, insult me all you want I'd just like to let you know I'm not taking any of that into consideration. I'm sorry you found it "boring and complete garbage" not everything anyone ever does is going to be perfect and you not liking it is acceptable but you insulting me personally really makes you look like moron.

Thank you for the opinions I appreciate it.

Best thing I ever wrote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Green_Ghoul

Try not to be so direct...Use metaphors/similes/whatever tools you have at your disposal. It'll make it more open to interpretation.

If you don't have emotions on the issue, why are you angry that those guys are famous? Seems like you have emotion, you just don't know how to fuel it.

Keep at it.
Green_Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote