Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
utkarsh_m

Please help me buy a guitar.

So i am thinking of buying my first electric guitar and the guitar I am considering are:

Washburn RX12
http://bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/6-...rn+RX12FRMRD+RX

Cort X6
http://bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/6-...ric-guitar.html

ESP LTD MH-50 (Non tremolo)
http://bajaao.com/shop/5-guitars/6-...ack-cherry.html

Please someone guide me as to which guitar would be better. Thanks
utkarsh_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Offworld92
One among the fence.

I recommend the MH-50NT because the trems on cheaper guitars tend to be poor quality - after a while they'll wear out and then you won't be able to stay in tune anymore. Definitely not a good thing.

Epiphone Firebird VII
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Peavey Predator USA
Ibanez RG520
Line 6 Pod HD500X
VHT Special 6 Ultra
Pedulz
Offworld92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
utkarsh_m

Oh okay so that is one thing. Which one of these do you think has the best pick ups?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
FenrirFangs

Go play them all. Never buy your first guitar without playing it. Sometimes, guitars look awesome on paper, but just don't feel right. More experienced players know what they like and don't like. Do yourself a favor and try them out.
FenrirFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
steven seagull
not really a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsh_m
Oh okay so that is one thing. Which one of these do you think has the best pick ups?

To be honest if this is your first guitar then it's not really an issue, with the best will in the world you're not going to be able to distinguish between the tonal variations in pickups for a good while yet - it was literally years before I could reliably tell the difference between singles and humbuckers, let alone different types of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirFangs
Go play them all. Never buy your first guitar without playing it. Sometimes, guitars look awesome on paper, but just don't feel right. More experienced players know what they like and don't like. Do yourself a favor and try them out.

This.

Also, do you already have an amp?
randomguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
utkarsh_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrirFangs

I really want to do that but I can't. There isn't any guitar center near by where I can test them out before buying. Hence, my only option is to buy online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy2000
This.

Also, do you already have an amp?

Not actually, but, I have selected the one I will buy. A VOX PATHFINDER 15R.
I have seen very many videos of it on youtube and I really liked it.
Do you think it will be good?
Old 11-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Air_Vengeance
Registered Kramer User

Buy which one you think is the coolest and start learning but stay away from any guitar that has a tremolo. Within about a year you will realize it's short comings and then upgrade to something nicer. When that happens you will want to take your time and be a lot more thoughtful of your purchase. It takes a little bit of experience to feel the differences between cheaper guitars and a better made one.

If I had to vote though I would buy the LTD. It has no trem and looks very nice.
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Air_Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
Heideck

the LTD or the Cort

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Heideck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Din Viesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Vengeance
Buy which one you think is the coolest and start learning but stay away from any guitar that has a tremolo. Within about a year you will realize it's short comings and then upgrade to something nicer. When that happens you will want to take your time and be a lot more thoughtful of your purchase. It takes a little bit of experience to feel the differences between cheaper guitars and a better made one.

If I had to vote though I would buy the LTD. It has no trem and looks very nice.

This is so true. The first guitar I bought had a trem and I've always regretted that. It's especially true if you're into heavier kinds of music. Downtuning is a pain with a trem.
Appearances are more important than minor differences in specs in the beginning.

Just buy the one that looks best and don't spend too much. that way you can always upgrade later.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
krehzeekid
Me like guitars

hands down the LTD. none of them are very good guitars (it's your first guitar, you won't even be able to appreciate the benefits of a better instrument for a couple years), but the LTD is a decently made guitar.

as mentioned, trems are an absolute nightmare for beginner guitarists, and are to be avoided until you understand them and know that you need one.

while that pathfinder is an okay amp for the money, I would urge you to consider either a Vox VT 20 (I know it's more money- it is totally worth every penny extra) or a Peavey Vypyr 15. with all small amps, you're going to run into various limitations, but the modelling circuitry in these amps will give you a tonne more variety to play around with. also, I think that both of them sound notably better than the pathfinder.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
samuraigoomba

If you could spend a bit more, you could get a higher-end LTD. It would be a better guitar and hold its value. The 300 and 400 series shouldn't be all that expensive.

But yeah, if you have to have a cheap guitar, I'd go with the LTD I suppose. You could also look into a guitar company called Agile. They make guitars in Korea and ship them to you. Their focus is high-quality parts and quality control at cheap prices. Some people have good experiences with their stuff, and I'm thinking the next guitar I buy will probably be from them. Their website is rondomusic.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: