Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #21
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Neck-thru really doesn't mean anything these days. It was something before neck heels were so streamlined, but now there is no benefit to it.

Personally, I wouldn't consider a Korean guitar as an option in your case, unless I'd played it and was blown away by it. But I would consider the S470 to be one of the best Korean guitars I've ever played.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #22
JayCartay

I've ended up going in a completely different direction altogether!

The guy with the RG440 suddenly stopped responding to my emails after we'd agreed a price for it, of 215 delivered. I was pretty pleased with that, but while waiting for his reply that never came I spotted the RGT. That got me thinking about neck-thru Ibanez's. I've not had one of those yet and decided that as I have an RG2570 body to build up once a neck turns up at the right price, I should go for a neck-thru this time and just hope the neck is somewhere near as nice as the Roadstar II neck.

So I bought this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....em=160910606574

I never actually use a trem arm, so a nice hardtail neck-thru would be a really nice change. Plus it looks great and is the nicest guitar cosmetically that I will have owned thus far.

I'm not over the moon that it's made in Korea but have read a few good things about these. Can't wait to get hold of it and get some DiMarzios in

In a few months' I will start building the RG2570 and should have most stuff pretty much covered with my guitar lineup
JayCartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Interesting guitar, I thought it was PRS SE at first glace. I'd have been nervous about the lack of pics though.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #24
JayCartay

True, but as it was a steal IMO and the seller states it is in good condition, I should have a little bit of protection there. I can't wait to receive it and get my hands on it.

Next job then will be deciding whether to go SD or DiMarzio with it and then which ones
JayCartay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: