Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #21
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
I really don't get how America lets ******s to lead their country.......

Is being ******ed all the rage right now over there?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
due 07
haaan

I am so sick of republicans saying outrageous things about rape.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
Thrashtastic15
Banned

Just read The Handmaid's Tale (first thing by Atwood that hasn't managed to piss me off). It's pretty crazy how people like these rape douches are relevant in the public forum yet their viewpoint on things like this aren't even very far off to the views presented by the fictional nutjobs in that book.
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Casinator
The problem with such a broad democracy is that not everyone is a smart, sensible and trained person in politics.

Sometimes, even the "trained politicians" aren't smart or sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
I am so sick of republicans saying outrageous things about rape.

Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans/all Republicans, due.

And, for the record, I'm not a Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
I really don't get how America lets ******s to lead their country...
I'm going to assume there's also ******ed politicians in Israel, man.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 11-02-2012 at 11:24 AM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
Thrashtastic15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
I really don't get how America lets ******s to lead their country.......

Is being ******ed all the rage right now over there?

A) These rapepublicans (patent pending) don't lead the United States.

B) You live in Israel. ******ed Americans sponsor your existence.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #26
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
B) You live in Israel. ******ed Americans sponsor your existence.

I know
Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean

The Rape Thing sounds Luke a cheesy b list lifetime made for TV movie horror.

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls

I'm just happy their constant pushing of this hurts them politically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
I knew someone who has said the character Rockadoodle made him first realize he was gay.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans, due.

No.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
I'm just happy their constant pushing of this hurts them politically.

Perhaps god intended them to lose their political relevance.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #31
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
Thrashtastic15
Banned

Quote:
Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans, due.

That's not what he did at all. Reading is hard. He said he's tired of republicans saying idiotic things about rape. That doesn't mean he is saying all republicans say ******ed things about rape.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
No.

due, you're being an ignant. Stop being an ignant, due!

Quote:
That's not what he did at all. Reading is hard. He said he's tired of republicans saying idiotic things about rape. That doesn't mean he is saying all republicans say ******ed things about rape.

I'm well aware. I was making fun of him. I wasn't saying he said all Republicans say that stuff. Reading's very hard.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #34
Thrashtastic15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail

ha.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #35
Thrashtastic15
Banned

Quote:
I'm well aware. I was making fun of him. I wasn't saying he said all Republicans say that stuff. Reading's very hard.

Well humour clearly isn't your strong suit if that's the case. I can read, you just can't write apparently.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #36
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart

Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
blake1221
‭‭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
No, they quite possibly just genuinely care about this issue.

Look, Iím pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus donít understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldnít you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldnít it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then thatíd be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people donít see that, because we donít consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that itís ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you canít ever say itís ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the motherís life were in immediate danger, in which case itís analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapistís child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
I don't know that they are ignorant to the facts of embryonic development so much as they disagree on the inferences to be made from those facts. A fetus is most certainly a human being; the question is, as someone pointed out here in a debate a long time ago, is it a human person? To me that's more of a philosophical question that neither side can truly be "correct" on. The analogy I hear from many pro-lifers is not that a fetus is a human person necessarily, but that because we cannot know as a matter of fact we ought to err on the side of safety and assume it's a person.

ITT: two posts of legitimate insight, preceded and followed by banal horse shit.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Well humour clearly isn't your strong suit if that's the case. I can read, you just can't write apparently.

Unfortunately, my humor doesn't translate as well as I want it to through the internet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils

Most insightful post in this thread.

Bandcamp

Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #39
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
I don't know that they are ignorant to the facts of embryonic development so much as they disagree on the inferences to be made from those facts. A fetus is most certainly a human being; the question is, as someone pointed out here in a debate a long time ago, is it a human person? To me that's more of a philosophical question that neither side can truly be "correct" on. The analogy I hear from many pro-lifers is not that a fetus is a human person necessarily, but that because we cannot know as a matter of fact we ought to err on the side of safety and assume it's a person.

I agree, to some extent. I said many, because I know that there are a great many pro-lifers who are like, doctors and shit. I also know it's not as cut and dried (hence my saying the pro-choicers are often not much better). I personally find it somewhat ambiguous, but it does illuminate the debate in a key way, one realises that it is physically impossible that any reasonable conception of personhood occurs at conception or at any time shortly thereafter. I think we can also reasonably push the boundary back to at least 8 weeks after conception, at which time the Embryo is physically identical to other vertebrates (that we've no real problem killing willy nilly).

After that we can start to talk about what personhood means, whether or not we reckon it resides in the brain and CNS, and to what degree, and we can use that to further inform our decisions and talk about varying degrees of personhood.

The problem, as I said, is on both sides. I just see that one side, by understanding biology a little more (or just paying more attention to it) could realise that aspects of their position are untenable.

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #40
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans/all Republicans, due.
How many high profile Republicans have said stuff like this throughout the election season?

Hell, the Vice Presidential candidate did himself.

I'm not saying 100% of Republicans agree with this, but based on the pure number of dumb shit said by them, it's safe to assume that a large chunk of them agree.

Also, how is this anything but misogyny?
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: