User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Unfortunately, my humor doesn't translate as well as I want it to through the internet all the time.

Guess so, because every third post of yours is explaining that the second was meant to be sarcasm.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #42
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
No, they quite possibly just genuinely care about this issue.

Look, Iím pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus donít understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldnít you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldnít it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then thatíd be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people donít see that, because we donít consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that itís ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you canít ever say itís ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the motherís life were in immediate danger, in which case itís analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapistís child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this post, I believe that willful ignorance can be considered stupidity. Ignorance is not something you can blame people for unless the only reason they are ignorant is that they refuse to seek knowledge.

This is why I consider people who say things like this and people who deny evolution and such to be not only ignorant, but also very stupid.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #43
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Also, how is this anything but misogyny?

If one believes embryos to be viable persons then one would consider their termination to be tantamount to murder. It is not misogonistic to tell women they can't kill humans, nor is it illogical to believe that this applies regardless of whether or not the woman was raped. In fact, the illogical and silly view is held by those who believe that abortion is wrong, but should be allowed in cases of rape.

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #44
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils

Um, people who care about the fact that there are high profile republicans who have the potential to have real, legitimate powers in the United States who have similarly disgusting, backwards, and restricting views towards women and what freedoms they should have to best protect their quality of life? (the missing member of N Sync aka Ryan btw). What the hell is wrong with having a reasonable discussion about that?

I don't understand why you seem to take pride in the fact that you ardently avoid rational discussions on any topic that has even a smidgen of intellectual depth or is an important issue. Does your mind even comprehend things other than sports, tv shows, and e-fellating? The things that seem to define your interests and how you spend your time are so considerably more inconsequential, meaningless, and just plain stupid that I really don't see how you can even conceive of having the right to cast a stone at others. Look in the goddamn mirror.

Love ya btw bb
Old 11-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #45
willT08
Official Classist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils

Women, and men that aren't ******ed.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
If one believes embryos to be viable persons then one would consider their termination to be tantamount to murder. It is not misogonistic to tell women they can't kill humans, nor is it illogical to believe that this applies regardless of whether or not the woman was raped. In fact, the illogical and silly view is held by those who believe that abortion is wrong, but should be allowed in cases of rape.
You were forcibly impregnated and are now forced to raise the child that you didn't want is far more illogical.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #47
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:

It's not illogical and silly, it's just a slightly more reasonable and intelligent manner of looking at the issue. It's a more nuanced and elaborate position to take since definitions have to shift to certain extents, but it isn't impossible to hold such a view and be logically consistent.

Even in the case of abortions with women who could potentially die from having the child, you're still deciding between lives in certain circumstances (like where the life of the child is saved but the life of the mother is lost). It's just drawing the line at a different point based on differing conceptions of where the grey area is on what is and isn't reasonable. They have the same fundamental point that an embryo is a viable person and should be treated as such, just different viewpoints towards when it is reasonable to terminate based on the circumstances. These people believe in the same fundamental ideals but believe that the immense suffering and hardship that having to have and potentially raise a child conceived from a rape is cruel and undue punishment, therefore it is appropriate for an abortion due to the nature of the circumstances and the severe impact it would have on both the lives of the mother and the child. They have the same ideal towards the bulk of abortions, that they should be avoided and life should be treated with sanctity and respect, but there are certain incredibly horrible circumstances in which it is appropriate, reasonable, and just plain humane to allow abortions. Both sides have their lines in the sand as to where it is appropriate, one is just a bit more lenient and humane.

It's the manner they treat and look at women in these circumstances as nothing more as a vessel for potential life through the embryo that's misogynistic.

Last edited by Thrashtastic15 : 11-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Thrashtastic15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #48
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
>Republicans
>learning

ftfy
Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #49
Eastwinn
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
I don't understand why you seem to take pride in the fact that you ardently avoid rational discussions on any topic that has even a smidgen of intellectual depth or is an important issue. Does your mind even comprehend things other than sports, tv shows, and e-fellating? The things that seem to define your interests and how you spend your time are so considerably more inconsequential, meaningless, and just plain stupid that I really don't see how you can even conceive of having the right to cast a stone at others. Look in the goddamn mirror.

damn. words out of my mouth.
Eastwinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #50
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
It's not illogical and silly, it's just a slightly more reasonable and intelligent manner of looking at the issue. It's a more nuanced and elaborate position to take since definitions have to shift to certain extents, but it isn't impossible to hold such a view and be logically consistent.

Even in the case of abortions with women who could potentially die from having the child, you're still deciding between lives in certain circumstances (like where the life of the child is saved but the life of the mother is lost). It's just drawing the line at a different point based on differing conceptions of where the grey area is on what is and isn't reasonable. They have the same fundamental point that an embryo is a viable person and should be treated as such, just different viewpoints towards when it is reasonable to terminate based on the circumstances. These people believe in the same fundamental ideals but believe that the immense suffering and hardship that having to have and potentially raise a child conceived from a rape is cruel and undue punishment, therefore it is appropriate for an abortion due to the nature of the circumstances and the severe impact it would have on both the lives of the mother and the child. They have the same ideal towards the bulk of abortions, that they should be avoided and life should be treated with sanctity and respect, but there are certain incredibly horrible circumstances in which it is appropriate, reasonable, and just plain humane to allow abortions. Both sides have their lines in the sand as to where it is appropriate, one is just a bit more lenient and humane.

It's the manner they treat and look at women in these circumstances as nothing more as a vessel for potential life through the embryo that's misogynistic.
I'm copying this, deleting your post, and claiming it as my own.

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Old 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #51
Thrashtastic15
Bаnned

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I'm copying this, deleting your post, and claiming it as my own.

I suppose I should be flattered. I thought I did a pretty terrible job explaining myself!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #52
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
Guess so, because every third post of yours is explaining that the second was meant to be sarcasm.

Sarcasm is my main form of humor. It works well irl. Not so much on the internet.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #53
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:

Sarcasm is my main form of humor. It works well irl. Not so much on the internet.

You should start and finish every post with " "

cuz that would make you so much funnier
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #54
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:

You could probably rephrase this as "I'm just not funny."

Old 11-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #55
ErikLensherr
UG Fanatic

Sam is very funny. Just not on purpose.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #56
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr

Sam is very funny.

ftfy

( )
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #57
due 07
haaan

Quote:
If one believes embryos to be viable persons then one would consider their termination to be tantamount to murder. It is not misogonistic to tell women they can't kill humans, nor is it illogical to believe that this applies regardless of whether or not the woman was raped.

Yes it is, that's crazy. Believing that women should not have control over their reproductive lives and their bodies is misogynistic, IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW YOU ARRIVE AT THAT POSITION. Even if you believe that fetuses are persons, that still doesn't justify banning abortions.

And I assure you that you are not unique in your ability to understand opposite ideologies - everyone gets why republicans think the way they do.

Quote:
In fact, the illogical and silly view is held by those who believe that abortion is wrong, but should be allowed in cases of rape.

I agree with this. It's like they don't care about women until they get raped, because then the right to choose overrides the fetus's right to life.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #58
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Sam is very funny. Just not on purpose.

Meh, I'll take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
I agree with this. It's like they don't care about women until they get raped, because then the right to choose overrides the fetus's right to life.

Why? And don't give the me talking points about how it's her body or how the fetus isn't a human.

Whether it's her right to do what she wants with her body or whether the fetus is human is largely a recycled argument. Give me a logical argument as to why I should favor the woman's right to choose over the fetus' right to life. I want to hear due's logic, not the logic of a liberal talking point.

Edit:
Oh, and set aside the issue of rape for now. Let's just focus on why I should favor a woman's right to do with her body as she wishes over a fetus' right to life.

Also, assume I have absolutely no position on this matter whatsoever.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 11-02-2012 at 04:39 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #59
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

If men had to deal with pregnancy, would you be wondering the same thing?
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #60
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

>Give me an argument
>Don't give me an argument I don't want to hear

Rate This Thread: