Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
jnunn

need stories

aright whats up folks i just landed a gig writing for a newspaper and i want to put together an article that shows the fun side of music so if you have any storys or about touring or comedic things that have happened to you at your band practice post it i want to know some stuff about a deeper look into what being in a band is actualy like not just getting stoned and getting hammered i want the more fun side of being in a band
jnunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 AM   #2
JacobTheMe
Oh god, not again....

I'd love to share some of my stories. I'll just need your employer's email address first.
JacobTheMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
jnunn

its a school newspaper
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 AM   #4
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
No.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Weaponized

wow dude thats great that you got to be a writer i mean that sounds so good I bet youre a real good writer i can tell by the way you write you know ok well one time at band practice we ordered a pizza except when the pizza got there it looked like it had a vagina because the bread rose a certain way and it was really funny and then i ate the vagina pizza and it didnt taste good just like regular vagina you know haha i guess pizza and people arent so different after all

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
ChrisBW

Took a picture of our bass player taking a shit at a walmart over the stall.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
jnunn

i know i wrote it like a dumbass, but i really can put stuff together well.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #8
JacobTheMe
Oh god, not again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunn
its a school newspaper

So? I have to verify this.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything

15 y/o old. Wrote corny power chord song. Friend made up drum parts. Jammed it. Highlight of my life so far.
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:11 AM   #10
jnunn

hey brother you can send your stories to my email if you want im not trying to start any shit i dont know if they even have any thing to send it to its a high school newspaper and i was told to bring all my stuff into the editor i havent even met him i thinks the media teacher
Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #11
Weaponized

another story is when me and the drummer went to get some drum stuff idk i dont play drums except guitar center was far so we took the freeway and he is kind of a dick and cutoff people and stuff like that but then this guy in a huge truck got really pissed and his high beams on and followed us all over and we were freaking out cause he literally followed us into neighborhood and shit it was like the movies but then we lost him and went to guitar center why do they sell drum stuff if its guitar center lol and then we headed back and on the freeway the same guy was there and we shit ourselves and tried to lose him again for like 20 minutes and we eventually did but holy shit it was scary i had a baseball bat and he had a police baton he found on the street so we coulda defended ourselves dont think we are pussys we just didnt wanna **** that guy up **** you for thinking that i swear if i met you in person you i would punch you square in the dick

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #12
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
wow dude thats great that you got to be a writer i mean that sounds so good I bet youre a real good writer i can tell by the way you write you know ok well one time at band practice we ordered a pizza except when the pizza got there it looked like it had a vagina because the bread rose a certain way and it was really funny and then i ate the vagina pizza and it didnt taste good just like regular vagina you know haha i guess pizza and people arent so different after all

macaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
JacobTheMe
Oh god, not again....

Okay, well this one time I was in York with Gilmore and Beck; Beck was getting ready for some show and asked Gilmore (he wasn't on tour at the time) and I if we wanted to accompany him in "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers". His touring guitarist at the time was ill after some dealer loaded him up (and I think he ended up with food poisoning as well), so he was pulling favors. (I hooked up with his sister at an old Byrd's show, but you can exclude this part considering that it is a school paper) thats the favor that he had on me.

Anyway, we were walking down the street towards the pub for a little preshow "warm-up" while the tech's were handling the set-up. We found some dinky little whole-in-the-wall place called "The Old Basterd". I remember the paint on the door being peeled and the front windows barred with the glass cracked. The damn place was a mess, in some desolate alley. If it weren't for a crude neon sign we wouldn't have even noticed it behind the dumpsters and drunkards lying out front. As we approached Gilmore practically panic'd. Saying that we could go find some bloody coffee shop or something, but Beck just shot me this look. He is the type of guy that is always going after a challenge, even now that we are ancient and useless, his teeth stick out and his eye would squint together ever so slightly as if he wanted to just jump in blindly to whatever trouble he could find. We ignored Gilmore and busted that pale door open.

The place was as old and cryptic as the bar keep. Some balding old Scotsman who didn't speak the entire time. I walked up and barked out for a glass of Daniels. (Although my tastes have changed into a scotch person now). Without a word the barkeep got to work.

While I was waiting, I turned around and noticed that Beck was already chatting up some busty redhead who was sitting alone at a booth next to the door. I remember she had lovely green eyes, and was a whiskey drinker herself, and the funny part was that she gave zero ****s about Beck even though he walked up and declared "Hey babe, im a rockstar." He always came on way too strong, overconfident son of a bitch that he was.

"Bug off. I've got a man." The redhead retorted with a velvet voice.

"I don't see him." Beck sat down in the tattered red booth and put his arm around her. The woman's cheeks turned as red as her hair.

"Yeah, well I do." and she pointed to the barkeep who was holding my drank. His eyes full of rage.

"What baldy over there? You could be spending your time in a nicer place than this dump."

At this point, the Scotsman threw the glass of whiskey (yes, we weren't here for more than two minutes at this point) and it shattered just barely missing Beck's head. Gilmore screamed and ran out of the bar, I jumped out of my seat at the counter and yelled "Beck, lets get the **** out of here!"

Instantly the bar keep calmed down. "Wait, Beck? Jeff Beck? I've got tickets for your show tonight." His voice was so deep and weary, almost like a damn wizard. After hearing the man finally speak my jaw dropped.

"How would you feel about back stage passes, my friend?" Beck replied. His arm still comfortably fit around the woman's shoulder.

Long story short, Beck hooked up with the bar keep's woman. I finally got my drink. And Gilmore ran back to the venue and hid in the van until the show later that night. Proving the age old pick-up-line of "Hey babe, im a rockstar."
Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #14
Harvey Swick
UGs Token Native American

RIP Loombag

RIP DT
Harvey Swick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #15
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"

So we were sitting in the bar after a gig well actually it was me, the bass player and one other guy who wasn't in the band, and then their girlfriends, but then the singer and the drummer were outside (we could see them through the window) so the other guy who was sitting inside with us pulled down his own pants and pressed his ass against the window well the band members walked away but then these two cigar-smoking greasers walked by and thought he was mooning them so they walked inside all tough-like and said "you wanna ask us something?" and the other guy just smiled and said "yeah... what kind of cigar are you smoking?" and the greasers flicked their cigars at him we all laughed it was one of many funny things that night true story.

show
jthm_guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #16
Obsceneairwaves
A'int no prohpet

So this one time I was masturbating. I was also listening to music. Rhythmic Masturbating.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #17
Cazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunn
not just getting stoned and getting hammered i want the more fun side of being in a band

???
Cazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #18
Harvey Swick
UGs Token Native American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazman
???

yeah i dont get it either

RIP DT
Harvey Swick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Wisthekiller
UG's Nigel Tufnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Long-ass story

I thought you meant Beck, not Jeff Beck right until the very end and wondered why you paired them up in that story...

Upright fretted electric bass build!
Wisthekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #20
My Last Words
Billions and billions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized

Quote:
another story is when me and the drummer went to get some drum stuff idk i dont play drums except guitar center was far so we took the freeway and he is kind of a dick and cutoff people and stuff like that but then this guy in a huge truck got really pissed and his high beams on and followed us all over and we were freaking out cause he literally followed us into neighborhood and shit it was like the movies but then we lost him and went to guitar center why do they sell drum stuff if its guitar center lol and then we headed back and on the freeway the same guy was there and we shit ourselves and tried to lose him again for like 20 minutes and we eventually did but holy shit it was scary i had a baseball bat and he had a police baton he found on the street so we coulda defended ourselves dont think we are pussys we just didnt wanna **** that guy up **** you for thinking that i swear if i met you in person you i would punch you square in the dick

Rate This Thread: