Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Retaliation Advice

So pit, something happened last night that is totally out of my experience, and I need a little advice, however as a warning: the story is a little lengthy.

So last night me and my four roommates threw a party at our house and one of the rules of our management is that the door needs to be closed in a party. One kid kept posting by the door and my roommates girlfriend was asking him to close the door and he kept being an asshole so I walked over and tried to tell him and his friend they are welcome to stay but need to be in or outside. They started being smart and just being really difficult and so I said if they didn't move out I'd have to ask them to leave. They kept going on about waiting for a friend so I pushed them out and closed the door. A bit later we saw them both inside again and threw them out and they started getting in our face so we found out who his friend was. It turns out his friend was this girl that was downstairs hiding from him because he has been stalking her for like three years. We went and told him that and he flipped out and punched my friend in the face. The way the porch and door was set up was that we were able to grab his friend and pull him inside the door and hold him down and closed the door so he couldnt help. That left the one friend that punched my roommate and my roommate outside to fight it 1v1 and my roommate ended up throwing him off a balcony [not very high] and jumping down ontop of him beating him pretty good so we finally opened the door and came outside to pull em apart. The kid wasn't hurt too bad or anything he was just crying but still able to walk away. Anyway, the party ended and around 5am the kid came back with 5-6 friends with bats and broke down our door. Luckily a few of my roommates were upstairs and were near the ******* to grab knives and the kid near the door's girlfriend was there and just bear hugged him and they didn't want to hit her the a bat. Once that happened they just left.

The questions I have are should we involve the police? There are no cameras the best of our knowledge so it is all just our word vs his word, and also both parties were definitely in the wrong. We asked the kid to leave and he came back so that is definitely trespassing, and breaking and entering squad deep with homies n bats is definitely not legal. But also during the fight I don't think it's legal l to separate his friend so he couldn't help him. Additionally, not all of my roommates are 21 and certainly not all of our guests, all the kid has to do is say he drank alcohol at our party and we're in trouble for furnishing. If we tell our realty company about the door we're scared they'll require a police report for property damage or something and we dont want that. Those are the concerns from the legal standpoint. Obviously we're not gonna do anything ridiculous to the kid all he did was break the door and hes already endured a physical beating. We know where he lives, we know his name, we know the password to his wireless internet and facebook, and potentially his social security number [we're not sure if it is his or just a random roommates of his]. Pit, weigh in on this!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
FearMyLightning
Banned

tl:dr
FearMyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Obsceneairwaves
A'int no prohpet

tl;dr
Old 11-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaminmusic
and potentially his social security number

wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

tl;dr

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
jazz_rock_feel
Banned

tl;dr
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
damian_91

tl;dr

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/damian-91

My Gear:

Misha Mansoor Signature Carvin DC 747
Boss NF-1 Noise Gate (x10)
damian_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

I didn't read it, but I'm going to give advice anyway.

You and a friend should seduce the guy's mum, and get her pregnant.

EDIT: Alternatively, just make him read your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.

Last edited by slapsymcdougal : 11-03-2012 at 04:17 PM.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

wall of text O_O
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
wat

Hypothetically speaking, someone I know is good with computers and because we knew where he lives maybe one of my friends went outside his apartment complex, found out what wifi was his and maybe did something similar to a brute force to get into their network and maybe was able to get access to a computer that might have had potentially personal information saved in a form filled out for doing something like maybe filling out a student loan....maybe.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

That was actually a pretty engaging read. Shit on his porch

^ thats like some james bond shit right there

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod

Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, someone I know is good with computers and because we knew where he lives maybe one of my friends went outside his apartment complex, found out what wifi was his and maybe did something similar to a brute force to get into their network and maybe was able to get access to a computer that might have had potentially personal information saved in a form filled out for doing something like maybe filling out a student loan....maybe.

you like the word maybe, right?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:

You, or someone you know, is an asshole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
That was actually a pretty engaging read. Shit on his porch

It's James Bond, if the scene with Q went "OK Bond, this is a 2x4. Hold it at this end, swing and twat the bastard in the chops", instead of, you know, having cool, smart stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.

Last edited by slapsymcdougal : 11-03-2012 at 04:27 PM.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15

I know rite
Why is he in college if he can do this shit.....

He should be working for CIA or something.....

Anyway IMO, just leave it until something else goes down....
I'm sure something else will go down, and then that's a separate incident to call the cops...
As it's technically an unprovoked thing...

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
Burningritual

i'd just leave it and let it become an ongoing feud where the guy pops up in your life and turns a normal night into a crazy situation from time to time.
Burningritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #16
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highelf04
I know rite
Why is he in college if he can do this shit.....

He should be working for CIA or something.....

Anyway IMO, just leave it until something else goes down....
I'm sure something else will go down, and then that's a separate incident to call the cops...
As it's technically an unprovoked thing...

Yeah he actually does do work for the government but not in any kind of hacking, he does something with a 3d model rendering program I'm not sure what it's called. And from what he explained it was very simple, I was chillin with him because it takes 2-3 hours to do but from he explained you can literally google how to do something that maybe [ohhhh so fond of the word] is called a brute force attack.

I also fail to see how my friend is an A-hole for doing that? Just because we have the information doesn't mean we're gonna ruin this kids life with it, like i said all he did was break our door. Up until now I thought we handled it pretty responsibly, he wanted to fight and threw the first punch so we made sure he n my roommate had a fair 1v1 that he happened to lose. He came into our house with bats and we didn't defend our property so honestly, I would think the kid is really lucky we're not a-holes who could do something like paint a story about how he is the son of a member of the Westboro Baptist church or something and put his ssn on 4chan for people to ruin.

The latest development is we got his phone number and texted him telling him that we hold no hate or feelings against him and all we want is that he pays for our door. We said we don't even have to ever see him he can send the money over with that girl he stalks so he doesn't even have to come back.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
jp_cheif

c'mon guys that's not much to read...OT tho I wouldn't go to the 5-0. Mostly because it happened in a party environment. Just keep an eye out on who comes over and maybe invest in a paintball/airsoft gun if there isn't a real gun available. I'm sure you gentlemen can handle a few punks trying to start trouble.
jp_cheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #18
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"

y'all are hoodlums. Either call the cops and get everyone punished across the board or take your losses.

show
jthm_guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl

Quote:
Yeah he actually does do work for the government but not in any kind of hacking, he does something with a 3d model rendering program I'm not sure what it's called. And from what he explained it was very simple, I was chillin with him because it takes 2-3 hours to do but from he explained you can literally google how to do something that maybe [ohhhh so fond of the word] is called a brute force attack.

I also fail to see how my friend is an A-hole for doing that? Just because we have the information doesn't mean we're gonna ruin this kids life with it, like i said all he did was break our door. Up until now I thought we handled it pretty responsibly, he wanted to fight and threw the first punch so we made sure he n my roommate had a fair 1v1 that he happened to lose. He came into our house with bats and we didn't defend our property so honestly, I would think the kid is really lucky we're not a-holes who could do something like paint a story about how he is the son of a member of the Westboro Baptist church or something and put his ssn on 4chan for people to ruin.

The latest development is we got his phone number and texted him telling him that we hold no hate or feelings against him and all we want is that he pays for our door. We said we don't even have to ever see him he can send the money over with that girl he stalks so he doesn't even have to come back.

I didn't mention anything about being an A-hole did I?

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #20
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highelf04
I didn't mention anything about being an A-hole did I?

No not at all that was directed at somebody a few comments above you I just was sloppy and didn't do a second quote. Sorry my bad.

And yeah I pretty much know the cops are outta the picture and if the realty company asks what happened we'll just say something else so no one looks into it. So then this pretty much just leaves retaliation in the personal form assuming he does not pay for our door.

He ended up responding to the text and saying he would pay and that he was sorry and whatnot but then texted back a few minutes later saying nevermind it was not him it was a random kid following him and that he wouldnt pay. So we're back to square 1 of non-hostile negotiations.

Rate This Thread: