User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaminmusic
Yeah he actually does do work for the government but not in any kind of hacking, he does something with a 3d model rendering program I'm not sure what it's called. And from what he explained it was very simple, I was chillin with him because it takes 2-3 hours to do but from he explained you can literally google how to do something that maybe [ohhhh so fond of the word] is called a brute force attack.

I also fail to see how my friend is an A-hole for doing that? Just because we have the information doesn't mean we're gonna ruin this kids life with it, like i said all he did was break our door. Up until now I thought we handled it pretty responsibly, he wanted to fight and threw the first punch so we made sure he n my roommate had a fair 1v1 that he happened to lose. He came into our house with bats and we didn't defend our property so honestly, I would think the kid is really lucky we're not a-holes who could do something like paint a story about how he is the son of a member of the Westboro Baptist church or something and put his ssn on 4chan for people to ruin.

The latest development is we got his phone number and texted him telling him that we hold no hate or feelings against him and all we want is that he pays for our door. We said we don't even have to ever see him he can send the money over with that girl he stalks so he doesn't even have to come back.

I don't know how things work in the US, but in the UK, what he did is an offense under sections 1, 2, and 3A of the Computer Misuse Act(section 1, obtaining unauthorised access; section 2, unauthorised acces with intent to commit further offenses; section 3A, making, supplying or obtaining articles for use in an offense under sections 1 or 3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I don't know how things work in the US, but in the UK, what he did is an offense under sections 1, 2, and 3A of the Computer Misuse Act(section 1, obtaining unauthorised access; section 2, unauthorised acces with intent to commit further offenses; section 3A, making, supplying or obtaining articles for use in an offense under sections 1 or 3).

Yeah it's very similar. That would make him a criminal I guess, but not an a-hole. The hard thing about what the argument has devolved into is that a-hole is a very subjective term. I personally think he has the power to be an a-hole, but hasn't flexed that power yet. Obviously its not unreasonable for someone to have your perspective, I guess in my mind because I view my apartment as the victims [for the most part, definitely not entirely] I think that we are pretty nice, it wouldn't unreasonable for someone to get really worked up over this and do something totally irrational, we're trying to think about it.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaminmusic
Yeah it's very similar. That would make him a criminal I guess, but not an a-hole. The hard thing about what the argument has devolved into is that a-hole is a very subjective term. I personally think he has the power to be an a-hole, but hasn't exercised that power yet. Obviously its not unreasonable for someone to have your perspective, I guess in my mind because I view my apartment as the victims [for the most part, definitely not entirely] I think that we are pretty nice, it wouldn't unreasonable for someone to get really worked up over this and do something totally irrational, we're trying to think about it.

If you don;t want to be assholes, then stick to what you told the guy.
Pay for the door, and that's that.
If he doesn't want to, then there's the small claims court.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #24
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

I seriously doubt he brute forced any reasonable password in a couple hours.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
I seriously doubt he brute forced any reasonable password in a couple hours.

You're assuming it's a reasonable password, and not just a dictionary word.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Don't serve underage kids and you won't have to worry about that being a consequence for turning those scumbags in.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #27
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
You're assuming it's a reasonable password, and not just a dictionary word.

That's actually a good point, there are a lot of morons out there with like 12345 or password1.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!

Good for you guys. Whats all this about a password, I missed that?

Anyways, basically you're going to have to pay for the door yourself. If one of your friends is handy that will be nice. You probably just have to buy a new lock and bolt, maybe some of the frame broke when they broke in but thats the most I can think of.

If this happened to me I'd make sure I did something more serious to this kid than having your friend make him cry in the fight, so they didn't bother you again. They have the power with knowing where you live, make sure and give them a reason to want to forget your ****ing address.

EDIT: Basically relentlessly **** with him until he pays you. **** up his Facebook, change the password on his wifi. Stay away from the Social Security #, thats getting into Identity Theft areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Old Country. Old Blues. Old Rock. Old Metal. Gangsta Rap.

Last edited by VanTheKraut : 11-03-2012 at 05:42 PM.
VanTheKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Yeah I definitely don't want to touch the ssn like I said we don't even know whos it is in his apartment and I would never implicate his roommates in something that was a singular individuals wrongdoing.

As far as the disbelief, im serious guys do a simple google search. If you only have a basic WPA key your internet is hardly considered protected its pretty scary. Also, we're a bunch of college kids so yes his password was a very simple reference to lil wayne [smh lol].

We texted him back saying we're not buying his story and whatnot, seems as if he's gonna comply with that. If he doesn't my roommates and I have decided we will still leave it be and pay for the door after we touch it up as much as possible. Luckily the panel came straight off its just the wood where the deadbolt was that is damaged badly, I really think it's something that we can fix after a quick trip to home depot or lowes.

The few less harmful ideas we've had are to block his MAC address from their router the week before and during finals week. This would be pretty funny because just about everything my school does is through our online course network. He obviously would be majorly inconvenienced by this and have to use the computer labs on campus and whatnot [there are tons available, he would have no excuse to say he couldnt access a computer]. The thing about facebook is it tells you when someone from another location logged and and what changes they made, so that isn't a huge help.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
I.O.T.M
#SmokedBySalmond

Be a man and forget about it.

Glued my green eyes to your face.
I'm blind.
Follow footsteps, a bleeding bloodline.

I.O.T.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #31
JamSessionFreak
Brodo Faggins

Actually a pretty interesting story, TS. Don't get me wrong, you seem to be in some deep shit if bats, knives, stalking and hacking are involved. I'd even say that you, your friends and your current enemies might be assholes but since I don't know you nor have I seen the actual incident I'll refrain from harsh judgement.

Snot is running down my nose --
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

( ̄(エ) ̄)
JamSessionFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #32
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

Funny thing is, if you'd got the police involved before you hacked his computer and accessed confidential information, you'd pretty much be in the clear.

They were in your home, you asked them to leave, they attacked you and you acted in self defence.

Separating the guy from his friend isn't any more illegal than it would be to hold a person back from stepping in front of a car.

They then came back and broke into your home with the intention of causing serious harm.

As long as you have a handful of people willing to speak on your behalf, you wouldn't have had to worry about facing any charges yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.

Last edited by Lemoninfluence : 11-03-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
JamSessionFreak
Brodo Faggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
Funny thing is, if you'd got the police involved before you hacked his computer and accessed confidential information, you'd pretty much be in the clear.

I think he said that involving the police would be a problem since alcohol was being served to minors at the party. Not sure though, check the thread.

Snot is running down my nose --
greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

( ̄(エ) ̄)
JamSessionFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty

inb4 tl;dr
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
IronMaiden76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #35
OfCourseNot
There's your answer

Minus the alcohol issue, you'd be fine if you told the police since they were giving you crap on your own property. And the only way they would know you got information illegally by hacking (not sure if proper use of the term) would be from this thread or if you told them. So if you tell the police, delete this thread.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
OfCourseNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #36
Ometh
nobody

There's no goddamn fucking way I'm going to fucking read all that fucking shit.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #37
beefcake122
no fun.

**** him up
Old 11-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #38
Dreaminmusic
The Juicer

Yeah the police were ruled out in the begining anyway because as a junior in college, not all of my roommates and guests were 21. I understand that that is very irresponsible and stupid and the numbers game doesn't justify anything but it happens all the time at colleges all across the nation, and im sure this is one of the repercussions. If we told the police and went into detail about how they came back with bats it would be a big deal and they would need a guest list and want to interview everyone and all that business. I'm not interested in involving anyone else so that's a no go. As far as what I meant about being in trouble because we grabbed his friend inside is that because we brought him inside he could argue we restrained him from breaking up the fight and let our roommate go wwe smackdown on his friend.

As for the hacking we're absolutely not doing anything volatile with the personal information, thats way too out of bounds. Like I said all we want from him is to pay for the door that he broke when he came into our house. We don't want any trouble, we don't want him to apologize or anything. The information we gained would not be used to harm any of their data or anything, we were simply talking about blocking him from being able to access the internet, that's near harmless in my mind as far as retaliation goes for someone who came in and threatened us in our own home.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #39
yoman297
how quik do i get ban

and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
Spaztikko

tl;dr
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: