User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
BledGhostWhite
Stop being a centipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPigeon
I see them all the time when I'm wandering around town at 5am after a night out. I just offer them a rollup and tell them to jog on.

Do you mean a joint, or a Fruit Roll-up?
BledGhostWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #42
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BledGhostWhite
Everyone called him Hoyke. He was aight in my books.

Ididn'taskforthesefeels.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zgr0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #43
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
I would have told him that I have no money.

Me too, but mainly because I wouldn't have had money.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #44
Zombee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhero_764
A homeless starving person is a homeless starving person whether or not they're drug addicts, is what I'm saying.

Unless you're going to feed all the homeless(you samaritan you), you'd better differentiate between who deserves what little you dole out.
Zombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #45
guitarhero_764
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
Unless you're going to feed all the homeless(you samaritan you), you'd better differentiate between who deserves what little you dole out.
I do it on a first come first serve basis until there's no more spare change/dollar bills with me.

last.fm
guitarhero_764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
Jackson kv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BledGhostWhite
Also, in my hometown, there was this alcoholic hobuhlo that would dance for change. You'd start beatboxing, and he'd groove hard. He'd be happy for whatever change you could spare. He froze in a ditch.

Jackson kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #47
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson kv

That's really not funny
Old 11-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #48
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
A pretty good one. No one goes "gosh I can't seem to get money via legal means. Better quit crack lol"

I was talking about rationalizing away the moral underpinning to alleviate guilt for feeding someone's self-destructive habit, not about preventing crime.
Quote:
A homeless starving person is a homeless starving person whether or not they're drug addicts, is what I'm saying.

Except that homeless starving person who struggles to feed his family isn't going to spend what I give him on crack, in this instance.

If you think someone who's going to buy smack deserves your help to buy smack as much as someone who's going to feed their children, you're a twisted person.

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show

Last edited by strat0blaster : 11-04-2012 at 03:19 PM.
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #49
FireFromTheVoid
Fairy Iris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson kv

You heartless monster, that was sad

show
I'm a racing kinda guy

One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

FireFromTheVoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #50
Burningritual

If i think i could knock them out if they attacked me then i make them admit they are spending it on drugs or booze before I give them anything.
But generally, if someone asks me for money and they look ****ed up then i will give them some change as i would only spend it on booze, weed or cigs anyway
Burningritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #51
Zombee
Banned

Quote:
I do it on a first come first serve basis until there's no more spare change/dollar bills with me.

Enjoying that economy, I see.
Zombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #52
guitarhero_764
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
Except that homeless starving person who struggles to feed his family isn't going to spend what I give him on crack, in this instance.

If you think someone who's going to buy smack deserves your help to buy smack as much as someone who's going to feed their children, you're a twisted person.
1) How am I supposed to know if they have a family or not?
2) By your logic every time you give money to a friend instead of some starving family you're being a twisted person.
3) Why does it matter if they spend it on crack? If it makes their day more enjoyable then I'm happy I could help them achieve that.
4) I give to homeless people mostly out of instinct. I don't stop and think about what they're going to spend the money on. All I know is that I'm an over privileged white suburban kid and that other people could use my money a lot more than I could(I'd probably only spend it on weed or cigs or fast food).

last.fm

Last edited by guitarhero_764 : 11-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #53
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake

Quote:
1) How am I supposed to know if they have a family or not?
2) By your logic every time you give money to a friend instead of some starving family you're being a twisted person.
3) Why does it matter if they spend it on crack? If it makes their day more enjoyable then I'm happy I could help them achieve that.
4) I give to homeless people mostly out of instinct. I don't stop and think about what they're going to spend the money on. All I know is that I'm an over privileged white suburban kid and that other people could use my money a lot more than I could(I'd probably only spend it on weed or cigs or fast food).

Alright, let's number it, then.

1. In this situation, the person asking for money was into drugs, and likely, based on common sense and life experience, using the money for crack. It wasn't a man with his belongings in a bag with his dirty kids next to him. Regardless of whether he actually has a family or not, in this situation, he's going to spend the money on drugs, not his family.
2. No, by my logic, giving money to someone who is using it to buy crack instead of better their situation, and in doing so digging themselves a bigger hole, is twisted. If you can't differentiate between that and helping a buddy of yours pay his rent or buy some food, something is drastically wrong with your logic process.
3. If you're cool with feeding a drug addict's habit because it makes them feel good for a while, then that's just a shame, but it's also your business, despite being highly questionable morally.
4. Again, you're not differentiating between people in need, and people in need of drugs. Perception seems to be an issue for you. Perhaps you should look into that.

Life goes by?

Quote:
show
Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #54
bullskittles
shalalalala

Something like this happened just this last Friday to me. I was coming out of a bus station with my girlfriend when this shady looking guy holding something wrapped in a newspaper comes up to us and asks if I needed a taxi. When I told him no he proceeded to start telling us about how latinos travel in bulk and how the manager for the mcdonalds down the street was racist. Anyway this guy is following us the entire time, even around the corner of the bus station and nearly a block away (we walked past the girlfriend's car because we weren't about to stop with him there) to the nearest gas station. Once we get to the doors of the gas station he stops and says that he'll be waiting for us when we get out. so we drop into the gas station, run out the back entrance as fast as possible, loop around the gas station and jump into my girlfriend's car as fast as humanly possible. we nearly got ran over when crossing the street because neither of us realized the pedestrian no crossing sign was up. But yeah, I'm still kinda freaked about having to go back to the same station when that guy might be there.
bullskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #55
guitarhero_764
UG Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
Alright, let's number it, then.

1. In this situation, the person asking for money was into drugs, and likely, based on common sense and life experience, using the money for crack. It wasn't a man with his belongings in a bag with his dirty kids next to him. Regardless of whether he actually has a family or not, in this situation, he's going to spend the money on drugs, not his family.
2. No, by my logic, giving money to someone who is using it to buy crack instead of better their situation, and in doing so digging themselves a bigger hole, is twisted. If you can't differentiate between that and helping a buddy of yours pay his rent or buy some food, something is drastically wrong with your logic process.
3. If you're cool with feeding a drug addict's habit because it makes them feel good for a while, then that's just a shame, but it's also your business, despite being highly questionable morally.
4. Again, you're not differentiating between people in need, and people in need of drugs. Perception seems to be an issue for you. Perhaps you should look into that.
1. I think it'd be incredibly pretentious of me to go around interrogating people and judging which had the most moral cause. Not to mention they could just lie anyways. Unless you want to eliminate people's privacy there's no way of knowing whether or not they're going to spend it on personal benefit or the benefit of someone else.
2. I'm not a walking rehab clinic.
3. Ditto.
4. Perception seems to be an issue for me? What do you mean by that?

last.fm
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #56
Antis0cial
UG Fanatic

I always ask them to be honest, and if they just say they're gonna buy drugs with it I give them some money.
Think it helps them a lot more than blatently ignoring them, or giving them a lecture about how bad drugs is. It's not like they think it's good for them.... never get why people lecture.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Antis0cial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #57
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake

Quote:
1. I think it'd be incredibly pretentious of me to go around interrogating people and judging which had the most moral cause. Not to mention they could just lie anyways. Unless you want to eliminate people's privacy there's no way of knowing whether or not they're going to spend it on personal benefit or the benefit of someone else.
2. I'm not a walking rehab clinic.
3. Ditto.
4. Perception seems to be an issue for me? What do you mean by that?

1. Again, perception. If you can't discern a person's basic intent by hearing them, seeing them, and judging based on your past experiences in life, you're crippled in some way. You're also constantly unaware and probably easily taken advantage of. I'm not saying to indiscriminately ignore people in need, but just assuming the best irrationally so that you can feel good about yourself when you're conceivably hurting someone is incredibly naive.
2. You're right - addicts only function around rehab domes. My mistake.
3. -
4. Perception seems to be an issue for you means that you seem to have a severely difficulty time discerning the world around you and the intent of the people in it, as in you aren't able to perceive things as a means of taking in information of what is happening around you and why, then measuring them against what you've learned in life, and deciding based on that realization whether or not following through is a good idea or not.

Life goes by?

Quote:
show
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #58
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!

"I'll give you ten bucks to blow that cop over there".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #59
My Last Words
Billions and billions!

If you see a beggar on the street, would you give them money ?
Ofcourse not, because otherwise he'll be back the next day.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #60
BledGhostWhite
Stop being a centipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Last Words
If you see a beggar on the street, would you give them money ?
Ofcourse not, because otherwise he'll be back the next day.

Did you even read any of this thread?
BledGhostWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: