Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Sacro

BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe recommended settings?

So, I've been looking around, googling for hours... I just can't seem to find any "recommended" setting for my NJ Deluxe.

So what i did since the guitar was pretty much out of intonation, out of tune and what not is:

- New strings
- New springs
- "Reset" everything on the guitar, intonation "thingies" included

So my question is, where do I start after i got the strings on? I'm guessing i need to adjust the saddle pieces where the string is locked (small bricks i can move for the scale to be correct). What measurements do I use here and how?

For practical reasons I'm using the metric system (that's millimetres) and I know my guitar pretty well but I am quite lost when it comes to the technical names in English (norwegian here). Do correct me and educate me in the parts names if possible

Again, this is a BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe with a Floyd Rose 1000 Tremolo bridge. My new strings are Skull strings, 10-46 (10, 13, 17, 26w, 36w, 46w). Strings in inches since its on the pack and easier than converting.

I know this picture falls under not allowed, but this is EXACTLY the guitar i got, and I am currently unable to upload pictures of my own. I hope this is alright mods!
Strings

Any help at all is deeply appreciated. I'm looking forward to being able to use my guitar again

Last edited by Sacro : 11-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Sacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

You are trying to do a setup, you mean?
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Sacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Guy
You are trying to do a setup, you mean?

Urhm from a clean no springs or strings attached to a fully working guitar yes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
krehzeekid
Me like guitars

using measurements for guitar set-ups generally doesn't work. particularly with FR trems.

go to the top of this forum and check out the FR set-up guide (I think that's what it's called). It covers every element of properly setting up a guitar with a FR type trem, including intonation
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Sacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by krehzeekid
using measurements for guitar set-ups generally doesn't work. particularly with FR trems.

go to the top of this forum and check out the FR set-up guide (I think that's what it's called). It covers every element of properly setting up a guitar with a FR type trem, including intonation

Thanks a lot. Funny what a little "looking around" does instead of guessing what to search for

Now... to buy "the key" (^^,)

Rate This Thread: