Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Commandantee

Exmordium - Tri-Necrotower Rough Mix C4C

Here it is - http://soundcloud.com/jacob1276/exm...ecrotower-rough
We're Exmordium, a viking/black/death/whatever the **** metal band. Pretty much just looking for some opinions on a song off our upcoming demo. Things that I'd like to be noted most importantly are the timing and vocals; anything else you feel like mentioning would be appreciated as well of course...Keep in mind this is a rough mix and will be done much better once we're at that stage, at this point we're perfecting the recordings and touching stuff up, so feedback is quite essential and would help greatly. Thanks.

Last edited by Commandantee : 11-08-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Commandantee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
aaron aardvark

Check your link.
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Commandantee

Oops, thanks - Here it is http://soundcloud.com/jacob1276/exm...ecrotower-rough - also edited the original post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
aaron aardvark

Commandantee,
I'm not much into death metal vocals, but they sound evil if that's what you're going for. Timing instrumentally seems pretty tight. Guitar sounds good to me (though high pitch guitar at 0:10 is a bit harsh on my ears). If there is electric bass, I can't hear it clearly. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1571779
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
NelsonSFS

hey i checked it out i can dig it, the guitar is a tad too harsh in the intro just turn down the treble a bit or cut some of the harshness in the eq ima say around 4k might do the trick, the drums are a bit loud during the first blast beat they drown out the guitar n the bass is a bit quiet, the vox are evil sounding i like the gutturals in particular, the song has a nice flow very rowdy and chantable, its a bit different from what i usually listen to but its refreshing, keep up the good work heres my bands first demo i would appreciate a critic back thanks!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1571760
NelsonSFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Commandantee

Just so everybody knows, there's no bass recorded yet xP. Thanks for the tips so far though - I'll get to your song later today when I have more time, Nelson.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
the_weirdoman

Don't really listen to much Black Metal but this sounds fairly similar to two bands I have managed to chance upon which are Sargeist and Immortal. The production could do with alot of polishing up. Unless of course you were intending to go for that lo-fi sound. Drums to me sound fake. But the guitars are pretty good and do replicate (atleast wt I've heard) black metal style guitars.

Overall, a good job, but some effort on improving production would be worth time spent.

C4C ?
http://soundcloud.com/clockwork-con...-song-rough-mix
the_weirdoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Commandantee

Eh, that wasn't really what I was looking for; as stated in the title, it's a very rough mix (we have barely done anything to the instrumental tracks). I'll criticize yours if you give me a bit more of an opinion focused on the actual song rather than the production which isn't something that even needs an opinion since we're sending it off to be mixed professionally. Sorry.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
the_weirdoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandantee
Eh, that wasn't really what I was looking for; as stated in the title, it's a very rough mix (we have barely done anything to the instrumental tracks). I'll criticize yours if you give me a bit more of an opinion focused on the actual song rather than the production which isn't something that even needs an opinion since we're sending it off to be mixed professionally. Sorry.

Yikes......well like I already mentioned I don't really listen to that much Black Metal but like I mentioned before. I like how the guitars sound. If you're looking for musical critique, then I think you've got a pretty good song here. I never liked death grunts and I'm sorry to say but I think they sound especially bad here. I can't tell if it's the mix or the singer (I'm talking abt the part post 1:20) The timing of the instruments seem pretty ok. But I do hope you re-record/program the drums better.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
Commandantee

Alright thanks .. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a douche :P - Your soundcloud link didn't work for me.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
the_weirdoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandantee
Alright thanks .. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a douche :P - Your soundcloud link didn't work for me.

The track was set to private. You can check it nw; And it's k dude. No harm no foul
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Commandantee

Still private maaan

Rate This Thread: