Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #61
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Where do you see that I said I was more experienced? I said Arby was.
Furthermore, it doesn't change my point either way.

And why do you think Arby has more experience than TS? Only because he has an opinion you support?
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #62
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
And why do you think Arby has more experience than TS? Only because he has an opinion you support?


No actually. It's because ive been here a long time and I've seen both of them post. You know, based on my experiences?


You don't even know what opinion I support. But go ahead. Assume away. I was mearly pointing out that you're being counter productive by trying to stop other people from voicing what they know.


But whatever. Think what you like. Unlike you, I'm not going to stop you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #63
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Okay
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #64
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
And why do you think Arby has more experience than TS? Only because he has an opinion you support?

Maybe because within the last year the TS has made a thread asking why he can't replace his tubes with lightbulbs to save money and Arby hasn't? That's a pretty good reason in my mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #65
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
Maybe because within the last year the TS has made a thread asking why he can't replace his tubes with lightbulbs to save money and Arby hasn't? That's a pretty good reason in my mind.

Oh
Yeah...
But still, I'll stay with my point of view
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
Oh
Yeah...
But still, I'll stay with my point of view


You need to ease up my friend, and note that I did provide Ian with useful information as per his request is addition to tendering my considered opinion.

So how about that challenge? Up for it?
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #67
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
The point is exactly that; this is an internet forum, the entire purpose is for different points of view to be expressed. If the TS already knew everything there is to know about the topic then why'd he bother to make a thread? He doesn't have to follow anyone's advice, or even agree with it, but if he wants to make a thread then he has to accept that people will make recommendations that he doesn't agree with.

I don't mean to put him down either. He is one of the guys around here that joined fairly recently and knew very little when he joined. He's done a lot of reading, and experimenting and has learned a lot since the days when he made a ton of stupid threads like the lightbulb one... But that doesn't mean he suddenly knows all there is to know. Arby (and many others here) just simply has more experience with the equipment and a greater understanding of the technical aspects at play. That's just a fact. If he chooses to ignore those wiser influences then that's his choice, but you can't tell them what to recommend... That defeats the purpose of a recommendation.

When someone says 'I have a Marshall MG and want a new overdrive pedal' what do we say? We say 'you need a new amp.' Do they like hearing that? Of course not. Is it the correct answer? Yes. I'm not saying that's what this situation boils down to, but it just might be.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #68
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
When someone says 'I have a Marshall MG and want a new overdrive pedal' what do we say? We say 'you need a new amp.' Do they like hearing that? Of course not. Is it the correct answer? Yes. I'm not saying that's what this situation boils down to, but it just might be.

That's some insane exaggeration
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #69
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
That's some insane exaggeration


I don't know how often you're on here but that situation happens a lot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #70
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
No, I mean the "DSP vs Tube Amp" subject is debatable, while "what OD pedal for a Marshall MG" is not!
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #71
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
No, I mean the "DSP vs Tube Amp" subject is debatable, while "what OD pedal for a Marshall MG" is not!


Explain why that's not debatable? I'm pretty sure everything in music is debatable considering music/tone/whatever is 100 percent subjective.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #72
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Explain why that's not debatable? I'm pretty sure everything in music is debatable considering music/tone/whatever is 100 percent subjective.

Marshall MG's badness is NOT subjective.
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #73
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
No, I mean the "DSP vs Tube Amp" subject is debatable, while "what OD pedal for a Marshall MG" is not!

Try telling the rest of the civilized world that.

There will come a day (hypothetically) that DSPs can do everything a tube amp can do... When that day comes (and for all I know it's here; I haven't played an AxeFX or Kemper) people like the TS that say 'no DSP will ever feel like a tube amp' will be just as wrong as the guy that thinks an OD will turn his MG into a gig-worthy amp...

If you know the answers don't make a thread, if you don't know the answers then make a thread and read through all the answers to find the best solution for you. It's really that simple. Don't like an answer? Fine, on to the next one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
Marshall MG's badness is NOT subjective.


In your opinion. If I can get one cheap and used they sound great for a practice amp.







See where I'm going with this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #75
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
Marshall MG's badness is NOT subjective.

Static X gigs them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #76
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist
 
terribleguitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Moscow
Is that some kind of a joke?!
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #77
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
Is that some kind of a joke?!


Are you really that close minded?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #78
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
Marshall MG's badness is NOT subjective.



Zakk Wylde might (be paid to) disagree with you...






Also...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...42&postcount=69
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.

Last edited by Arby911 : 11-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #79
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
 
tubetime86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Zakk Wylde endorses them but doesn't actually use them... Wayne Static seriously gigs those amps... So what were you saying about your opinion not being subjective?

How many records have you sold? Sold out gigs have you played? My guess is the answer to both is 'fewer than Wayne Static' so from that standpoint it'd be easy for me to say 'Wayne Static is right and you are wrong...'
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #80
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
Zakk Wylde endorses them but doesn't actually use them... Wayne Static seriously gigs those amps... So what were you saying about your opinion not being subjective?

How many records have you sold? Sold out gigs have you played? My guess is the answer to both is 'fewer than Wayne Static' so from that standpoint it'd be easy for me to say 'Wayne Static is right and you are wrong...'


He uses MGs as a warm up amp. You see them in the BLS DVD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.