Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
calculusluv

Is Squier VM Jaguar Bass any good?

Hi folks,

I've been playing the electric guitar for a while, and I want to try out the bass as well.
I play mostly classic rock and some Japanese rock, but no metal.
Is this bass a good beginner friendly instrument? Also, as for my amp, I will be using my guitar amp with headphones, so it doesnt screw up my speakers.

Thanks in advance.
calculusluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Been using it as my main bass for almost a year. Highly recommended.
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
GAPendragon
Fist Shaking Pony

Squier VMs are all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
GAPendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player

Highly recommendable bass. Still, I'd like to tell you that the more basses you can try out, the better. Try all of the basses you can find that fit your budget, even some that may exceed your budget, so you can get a wider picture of the differences between basses.

I'd recommend you to try the aforementioned VM Jaguar, but also VM Precision and Jazz bass, and Classic Vibe Precision and Jazz bass, all of them from Squier. Other basses you might find interesting are Yamahas (light, versatile, and incredible value for your money) Peavey (also very nice overall), Ibanez (I dislike them, but their are high regarded, and light), and some Corts (nice active options, and i find them comfortable). I may be forgetting some basses, but that's pretty much it. Enjoy the research, it's a great experience.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Sudaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
watchingmefall
Government is hell

Squier really hit the nail on the head with the VM series. Bang for the buck.
Ganimedes
Santa Cecilia
watchingmefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
_ThePanda_
Noob of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudaka
Highly recommendable bass. Still, I'd like to tell you that the more basses you can try out, the better. Try all of the basses you can find that fit your budget, even some that may exceed your budget, so you can get a wider picture of the differences between basses.

I'd recommend you to try the aforementioned VM Jaguar, but also VM Precision and Jazz bass, and Classic Vibe Precision and Jazz bass, all of them from Squier. Other basses you might find interesting are Yamahas (light, versatile, and incredible value for your money) Peavey (also very nice overall), Ibanez (I dislike them, but their are high regarded, and light), and some Corts (nice active options, and i find them comfortable). I may be forgetting some basses, but that's pretty much it. Enjoy the research, it's a great experience.

+1 to this.
_ThePanda_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
risk182
STOMP

I've had this bass for a while and it's my main player, it really is an amazing value, since you get 2 basses in one - a P bass, one half of a Jazz, and a combination of the two, which is it's own thing. This exact versitality is why I got it instead of a Jazz or a P.
risk182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: