Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

Talking NGD - Awesome Crafter

I've had this guitar for maybe a month now, but it's been with a local luthier getting sorted out for the last week, so I've held off posting her up.

Its a Crafter GAE-8, a Grand Auditorium style electro acoustic which I picked up for around 130. Retail is around the 400 mark.

Specs:

Solid engelman spruce top, mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, 20 frets, sclae 650mm, LR Baggs pre amp

Now she's back from the shop after having a horrendous amount of neck relief corrected, frets dressed, board oiled and generally setup, its a joy to play.

I also had a Tusq nut and saddle made especially for this guitar, which improves the tone no end, just rings for ages and sounds balanced across the range which is great.

Overall its a great guitar and just shows how much you can get for your money; I have played this against my step-fathers collection of expensive acoustics (Washburns, a Taylor, couple of Japanese Epiphones) and its right up there.

I don't have a microphone that will do this guitar justice so the clip below is recorded directly into Cubase through an M Audio interface from the guitars LR Baggs pre amp (which, is fooking awesome by the way) with a touch of delay from a VST , nothing else.

Clip (worshippers of Phil Keaggy will please excuse me... I could never do this song proper justice, but I enjoy trying...)

http://guitarcove.co.uk/mp3/Crafter.mp3

Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

happy NGD ! i love the color ! Phil keaggy would be happy, not a bad job !
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.

Grats!

One of my friends has a Crafter and it's a pretty good playing/feeling guitar.
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
captivate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Wesbanez
Registered Abuser

Can't be beaten for the money, I've played a host of sub 500 guitars in the past, and this is one of the best
Wesbanez is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: