Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
lukew92

Unfinished Synthy/Post Hardcorey Stuff

so ive been writing a few synth/post hardcore stuff recently just seeing what you guys think! some parts are unfinished and im not a drum guy! its nothing serious i just love this sort of music theres 3 songs in there.. you should be able to recognise the gaps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Untitled Post Hardcore 2012.zip (11.3 KB, 129 views)
lukew92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
guitar_jew

The first song sounds good. Some generic chugging, but it's not too bad for the most part. My big issue with it is the lack of any recognizable structure. I'm almost positive I'm on a new song, but there's no marker or anything to indicate as such.

As far as I can tell the riffing isn't a problem for you, coming up with parts is easy. But there's really no sort of cohesion to the riff salads you've got here. It doesn't have to be verse-chorus-verse, but it makes a piece more cohesive, and imho, consequently better if you go back to or expand on previous themes. It'd also be good to get away from that drop-tuned open-note key, all 3 songs sound very same-y, since they're all in the exact same key.

Think you might enjoy the album I have up here- C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566286
guitar_jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Ometh
nobody

Needs moar open string chugging, take cues from the masters
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Most of it just sounds like one really lazy version of After the Burial. Even the breakdown with the sweep picking sounds exactly like the way they do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
jh8890

Cool ideas! I'd have to agree with guitar_jew, that the biggest thing I noticed is the lack of structure. Your tabs clearly indicate that you're a very talented musician, and I enjoyed what I heard for the most part. I would just suggest maybe working on tightening up transitions and making them clearer. My favorite section was between measures 300 and 316

If you're interested, I'd love to get some feedback on a song that I'm working on! I'm a fairly new guitar player/songwriter, so any advice you could give me is much appreciated!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1572889

Last edited by jh8890 : 11-13-2012 at 09:21 PM.
jh8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
amonamarthmetal

the only thing I suggest, is when you have a note that repeats itself like at bar 225 on the piano, the double 10's sound awkward, you could change it to a 9 or 12 and it would flow better.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
frankibo
UG Board King

Lol at the bass being tuned the same as the guitar.
Without that lower octave everything sounds realllll thin.

Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: