Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
homeless-john
authentic kung fu action
 
homeless-john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Glasgow
World War Z

The trailer has been released for World War Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwT...eature=youtu.be

So, thoughts?

It doesn't look anything like the book, but the book wouldn't make a great movie to be honest. More suited for a TV show. Don't know why they didn't just make a TV show then. Looks like a kinda average zombie movie though. Except that they can totem stack or some shit now.

Also, George Square.
__________________
PSN: leo-da-bam
Steam ID: chunkadelic
XBL: LovelyGodzilla
homeless-john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
adamgur96
Not caring no more
 
adamgur96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Another zombie apoc?

meh
__________________
I put my sig in a spoiler because i view UG sigless anyway.
adamgur96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
 
slash_GNR666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Looking forward to it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.




༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
slash_GNR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 AM   #4
JackalUK
ERANU
 
JackalUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I don't like the way the zombies are shown in the trailer. There are hundreds running over each other and flying back like they have been hit with a cannon. Plus it looks like a great portion of the film is just CGI.

All in all, way too Hollywood.
__________________
ˇAdiós Amigos!
JackalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
It doesn't look anything like the book, but the book wouldn't make a great movie to be honest.

Ya, the book wouldn't really translate to anything other than a book. Movies that spend ages in discussion of geopolitics and military tactics don't tend to do so well.


Movie looks shit, I hope they at least paid Max Brooks a lot of money to use the name.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty
 
cho0onger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Book had a lot of potential as a miniseries IMO, this movie is squandering it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cho0onger
Book had a lot of potential as a miniseries IMO, this movie is squandering it.

I would have really liked to see it done in a documentary style, with "reconstructed" footage and so on for some scenes. Would definitely have to be a series though.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty
 
cho0onger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
I would have really liked to see it done in a documentary style, with "reconstructed" footage and so on for some scenes. Would definitely have to be a series though.

Ooo I hadn't thought of that. I'm totally gonna steal that when I talk about this with IRL people.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Looked like shit.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #10
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Looks badass. Nice to see a zombie movie that understands the 'wall of flesh' thing.

The CGI is kind of lame though.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.

Last edited by Todd Hart : 11-09-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
BottleOfSmoke
Sludge Beard
 
BottleOfSmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ember City
Looked somewhat "meh", but it's a zombie movie, so i'll watch it.
__________________
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
BottleOfSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Looks fake and gay.
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.


We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
brownshirt1
Registered User
 
brownshirt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
I don't like the way the zombies are shown in the trailer. There are hundreds running over each other and flying back like they have been hit with a cannon. Plus it looks like a great portion of the film is just CGI.

All in all, way too Hollywood.


Maybe they should form a zombie union to prevent this kind of thing happening again.
brownshirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
WWZ in name only.
Fucking China.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
 
Draken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
It would have worked better as a documentary style series. With the events some of the Interviews discuss being played out with him doing a voice over of the interview at times, interspersed by the interview itself at times.
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken
It would have worked better as a documentary style series. With the events some of the Interviews discuss being played out with him doing a voice over of the interview at times, interspersed by the interview itself at times.

Plus Max Brooks would have been in it, way better than Brad Pitt.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
Well, I'm looking forward to it. To hell with the naysayers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #18
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Well, I'm looking forward to it. To hell with the naysayers.

I am too. But it looks like 28 Days Later in NYC.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #19
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
I am too. But it looks like 28 Days Later in NYC.

Yeah, except with CGI zombies instead of makeup zombies, and I don't remember seeing a film set on the first day of the epidemic. It should be interesting.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #20
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Looks better than most. Looking forward to it.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.