Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #41
King Twili
UG's Constable

Just bumping this to see if there's any more interest after it's been on Steam for a while. Have some pretty (huge) pictures.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #42
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

I got a it via Steam. I got as far as the character creation screen before I got bored and uninstalled it.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #43
GNR's Fan

I play it occasionally problem is you need a group of people to play it with otherwise it's just not fun enough trying to lone wolf it. The 400+ cluster ****s are fun though, except when your team sucks and you take 2+ hours to get into the main base because those damn shields are still up!
GNR's Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #44
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I got a it via Steam. I got as far as the character creation screen before I got bored and uninstalled it.

Not sure if srs.

^ I find it pretty fun to watch everybody else continuously try the same thing with the same results and expect something different to happen. I just either use the infil cloak to flank them, or soar over them with the LA jetpack. It'd be cool if we could get some UG guys together to play this though.

Playing this game made me never want to play Battlefield 3 again.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
GNR's Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Twili
Not sure if srs.

^ I find it pretty fun to watch everybody else continuously try the same thing with the same results and expect something different to happen. I just either use the infil cloak to flank them, or soar over them with the LA jetpack. It'd be cool if we could get some UG guys together to play this though.

Playing this game made me never want to play Battlefield 3 again.

No, I much prefer the smoother shooting mechanics in battlefield 3 furthermore, the vehicle physics are in my opinion more fun in Bf3. I like the fact that it takes some skill to pilot the chopper and that the mechanics are more visceral. Like if you dive from too high and pull out too late you really have to fight to get the nose back up or you'll slam into the ground. Whereas in planet side the air vehicles just seem to glide along and they feel terribly slow.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I mean I play it and I realize that some features had to take a hit in compensation for the huge scale.
GNR's Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #46
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNR's Fan
No, I much prefer the smoother shooting mechanics in battlefield 3 furthermore, the vehicle physics are in my opinion more fun in Bf3. I like the fact that it takes some skill to pilot the chopper and that the mechanics are more visceral. Like if you dive from too high and pull out too late you really have to fight to get the nose back up or you'll slam into the ground. Whereas in planet side the air vehicles just seem to glide along and they feel terribly slow.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I mean I play it and I realize that some features had to take a hit in compensation for the huge scale.

Eh, BF3 got fucked when they shifted development focus to the consoles as the lead platform.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #47
King Twili
UG's Constable

It's been a while. Bump?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #48
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^

I've been playing it for a while, and it's quite fun. It's my first MMO, and the whole truckloads of players together really made me wanna check it out.

Having quite a bit of fun so far. Taking over other bases with an outfit is really a lot of fun; even more than the actual fighting itself, haha.

Gotta wait before the 1.8 GB March update finishes downloading. >_>

I'm playing as The_Hriday for NC on Helios, if anyone wants to join me for a game or something.

YOU CAN'T SPELL "MESHUGGAH" WITHOUT "HUG"
^___^

Buy or download my music for free!
Aberrant Corollary | Robots At A Rave

Bandcamp Collecshun | Last.FM | My Anime List | Steam

UG Post-Rock | UG Hip Hop
Moar UGPR

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE
hriday_hazarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #49
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hriday_hazarika
I've been playing it for a while, and it's quite fun. It's my first MMO, and the whole truckloads of players together really made me wanna check it out.

Having quite a bit of fun so far. Taking over other bases with an outfit is really a lot of fun; even more than the actual fighting itself, haha.

Gotta wait before the 1.8 GB March update finishes downloading. >_>

I'm playing as The_Hriday for NC on Helios, if anyone wants to join me for a game or something.

I'd join you, but I'm on EU Ceres with all of my characters.

Have a bump, thread. Anybody playing this game?
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #50
Seref
Gob****e

Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
I played for a while but, as was said, you need a group to have any appreciable amount of fun. If you just jump in alone and join a group you'll find yourself doing nothing more than run here--stand on point--cap point--run there--stand on point--cap point--get in the leviathan--wait--get out of the leviathan--run there--cap point.

I got into an organized group once, just like 10 of us, and that was fun. There weren't so many people that all the enemies died immediately but there were enough to actually get stuff done. Air drops, defending regions, sneaking around enemies. It was fun, but it only happened once in the several weeks I played.

Guitar Build Fund: $I've lost count / ~$925.00

show
Seref is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
I played for a while but, as was said, you need a group to have any appreciable amount of fun. If you just jump in alone and join a group you'll find yourself doing nothing more than run here--stand on point--cap point--run there--stand on point--cap point--get in the leviathan--wait--get out of the leviathan--run there--cap point.

I got into an organized group once, just like 10 of us, and that was fun. There weren't so many people that all the enemies died immediately but there were enough to actually get stuff done. Air drops, defending regions, sneaking around enemies. It was fun, but it only happened once in the several weeks I played.

That's why you join or start an outfit, heh
Old 05-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #52
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

I was playing, but it took way too long for me to get enough money to buy new weapons, and I got bored of playing with the same weapons all the time. The game for the most part is long long spells of boredom punctuated spectacular battles. It's like the LOTR of video games.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #53
triface
Drenched in Syrup

I joined this at the behest of my friends, and it was fun if you have a group going, just like what the others said. Otherwise you aren't going to be communicating at all and just running around.

Vanu does seem underpowered, as said in one of the earlier posts. We chose Vanu because they had apparently no bullet drop (we came from a community of Enemy Territory players). We got pissed at the Vanu players because they did shit, so we switched to the blue guys and were blown away by the weapons. The power was much higher, and there was no appreciable weapon drop we were worried about.

I didn't really like the shooting mechanics. It felt like one of those heavy shooter games like CoD. I prefer something where movement is also an integral part of surviving and shooting from the hip is the way to go, like ET.

Weapons also take way too long to earn. Yes, it's possible to get them in ingame currency, but you can also buy them for money. That's pretty pay to win to me.
Now, before you uninstall the game, please at least try going to a huge open map, set down an engineer turret, and start sniping people. The turret basically has 100% accuracy if you shoot in bursts, so your kills will rack up extremely fast.

Member of the 7-String/ERG Legion

Last edited by triface : 05-17-2013 at 09:19 PM.
triface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #54
Winterson
Need moar pie

I played the game for about 50 hours, most of which I spent sniping people because my computer wouldn't handle the cqc action even on low settings. It's a very nice game, but it does get boring after a while IMO. Also, try and play in one of the events they often host, shit gets crazyyy.
Winterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #55
Spoony_Bard
Perpetually irate.

Bout to try playing this game again. Played a few hours once but it seemed boring. Anyone wanna teach me to play?

I'm on some NA server if that matters.

Name is Spoonishiro.
How are you so ****ing awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Spoony_Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #56
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by triface
I joined this at the behest of my friends, and it was fun if you have a group going, just like what the others said. Otherwise you aren't going to be communicating at all and just running around.

Yeah, the game really shines when you join an outfit, but for me it's still fun to solo around.

Vanu does seem underpowered, as said in one of the earlier posts. We chose Vanu because they had apparently no bullet drop (we came from a community of Enemy Territory players). We got pissed at the Vanu players because they did shit, so we switched to the blue guys and were blown away by the weapons. The power was much higher, and there was no appreciable weapon drop we were worried about.

Most of the engagements in the game are so close that bullet drop isn't even a factor, so the VS were pretty much gimped there.. That said, they've changed the damage dropoff for all VS weapons now, which in some cases is a buff and others a nerf. NC is where it's at though.

I didn't really like the shooting mechanics. It felt like one of those heavy shooter games like CoD. I prefer something where movement is also an integral part of surviving and shooting from the hip is the way to go, like ET.

LA + SMG. Movement is something that's absolutely key to how much I like an FPS - Quake and ProMod did that just right. When you play LA, movement becomes *very* important, with the SMGs being great at hipfiring.

Weapons also take way too long to earn. Yes, it's possible to get them in ingame currency, but you can also buy them for money. That's pretty pay to win to me.
Now, before you uninstall the game, please at least try going to a huge open map, set down an engineer turret, and start sniping people. The turret basically has 100% accuracy if you shoot in bursts, so your kills will rack up extremely fast.

It's not really P2W in that buying things with SC doesn't give you any advantage that is impossible to get with only certs. The game is surpsingly well balanced now, with the exception of AA vs Air, which really is out of whack.

The main complaint most people seem to make is "it takes too long to get new weapons". There are six infantry classes in the game, and with the exception of Engi/LA, they all use their own default weapons. So use that to your advantage.

Anyway, since this game came out, I haven't touched Battlefield 3. BF3 just seems so shit in comparison.

^Also, Matt, I'd totally play with you but I've got 4 characters already and they're all on EU servers.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #57
triface
Drenched in Syrup

Quote:
LA + SMG. Movement is something that's absolutely key to how much I like an FPS - Quake and ProMod did that just right. When you play LA, movement becomes *very* important, with the SMGs being great at hipfiring.

Yeah totally. Light Assaults have nothing going for them except for the jetpack, which opens up many flanking opportunities. I once tricked a guy who was trying to kill me over a corner in open air that I disappeared, when all I did was fly up to the top of the building. I proceeded to kill him from the top.

Still not a very big fan of the SMG shooting mechanics. The zoom is just right there, so it feels like I'm gimping myself shooting from the hip as compared to a guy using some high-powered rifle or something. There's usually not enough time for movement and hipfiring to come into play due to everybody using those expensive weapons.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #58
King Twili
UG's Constable

Quote:
Originally Posted by triface
Yeah totally. Light Assaults have nothing going for them except for the jetpack, which opens up many flanking opportunities. I once tricked a guy who was trying to kill me over a corner in open air that I disappeared, when all I did was fly up to the top of the building. I proceeded to kill him from the top.

Still not a very big fan of the SMG shooting mechanics. The zoom is just right there, so it feels like I'm gimping myself shooting from the hip as compared to a guy using some high-powered rifle or something. There's usually not enough time for movement and hipfiring to come into play due to everybody using those expensive weapons.

That's my favourite move in outpost battles, haha

SMGs are really only useful if you can get the drop on them. If you're up against a heavy with a high RoF LMG [see: TR Heavies], unless their aim is terrible, you're going to have a hard time. That said, the default weaposn are arguably the best "all round" weapons. The certable/purchasable weapons all have their own areas that they're better at. So you'll often trade performance in one area for a weakness in others, hence why the devs call them "sidegrades".

Anyway, don't even bother with the NC Warden battle rifle. It's absolutely useless in every situation, even after the buff they gave it a few weeks back. Bullet velocity is far too low, CoF seems huge, and the Semi-auto rate of fire is gimped beyond belief.

NC Gauss SAW is the best weapon in the game.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #59
triface
Drenched in Syrup

Quote:
That's my favourite move in outpost battles, haha

SMGs are really only useful if you can get the drop on them. If you're up against a heavy with a high RoF LMG [see: TR Heavies], unless their aim is terrible, you're going to have a hard time. That said, the default weaposn are arguably the best "all round" weapons. The certable/purchasable weapons all have their own areas that they're better at. So you'll often trade performance in one area for a weakness in others, hence why the devs call them "sidegrades".

Anyway, don't even bother with the NC Warden battle rifle. It's absolutely useless in every situation, even after the buff they gave it a few weeks back. Bullet velocity is far too low, CoF seems huge, and the Semi-auto rate of fire is gimped beyond belief.

NC Gauss SAW is the best weapon in the game.

Gauss SAW is the medic weapon, isn't it? I found the spread was noticeably larger than the LA/Engineer/HA weapons, so I'm not a very big fan of it since I love being able to snipe. Not that it'll do much good in this game, but I find it satisfying when I hear the hitsounds from far.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #60
boreamor
^(^_^)^

I'm Kylanthria on it. I just hate the snipers, because I can't get an accurate bullet drop on them.
boreamor is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: