Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
LivinJoke84
Leeds

Feedback wanted on debut release. UK Electro/Indie/Alt/Rock

Alright guys so here's our music video for our debut single, Deadlights along with the track in full. It released on iTunes on 22 October 2012

Would love to get some feedback on it

Look forward to reading some comments!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
LivinJoke84
Leeds

Here is a review we got for the song above. Would love to hear your thoughts...

"Beautiful and haunting, erring toward a psycedelia inspired dance beat, Deadlights is a cleverly crafted track. Deft guitar riffs, delicious bass lines and creative synths, weave this disquieting horror scene together. The vocal drops, adding to the atmospheric nature of the track, having a Morrisey style vibe; albeit more animated.

Based on Steven King's IT, Otiks paint a bleak landscape and sing of a profoundly pessimistic and desperate plea, as they taunt you in this mildly disturbing dramatisation.

Tense lyricism drawing you into your worst nightmare, chasing you through the night, you get the sense there is no escape from the fear...

"I froze with fear and my stutter came back, I g-g-guess it's t-t-time for another try..."

You feel the urgency, heartbeat pumping, the rhythm replicated by the beating of the drum, as the track gathers momentum, before reaching a chilling climax.

Otiks, have an undeniable echo of the musical quality that Leeds is producing, right now. I think, like their name, we can expect more bizarre and unusual tales to come, following Deadlights. I will definitely look forward to hearing their next installment!"
8/10
Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
LivinJoke84
Leeds

Heres another short review of Deadlights:-

"Interesting take on indie rock from this Leeds band. In “Deadlights”, the reliance on guitars and power chords expected of the genre has been superseded by some analogue style synth sounds that add, of all things, drama to the mix. The lead vocals are also more theatrical than you would expect marking this band out as one trying to be themselves rather than somebody else. Otiks are worth watching, methinks"
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #4
LivinJoke84
Leeds

Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
adhoc.relay

hey, great work man!

send me an email at adhoc.relay@gmail.com - if you're interested in being promoted on online radio

Last edited by adhoc.relay : 10-22-2012 at 04:30 PM.
adhoc.relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
LivinJoke84
Leeds

Our video has been viewed over 1200 times in nearly 40 countries now! Really pleased with how its gone and we're getting a bit of radio play over in the US which is fantastic

Rate This Thread: