Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #21
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
 
BobDetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #22
nickdohle
Let's a go Mario!
 
nickdohle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit


Why are you showing us penthouse photos in a Maxim thread?! ****ing ass wipe
nickdohle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #23
miio
Registered User
 
miio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
I recently saw a dream of red san dimas played by a pornstar. I want one.
miio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #24
Soulful6String
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
The Desolation series is legit. Love mine.
Soulful6String is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #25
zilant
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulful6String
The Desolation series is legit. Love mine.



I've heard a great many bad things about the quality of the desolation series.
The 2 that i was able to try at my shop felt like low-mid range guitars. I think they're Chinese made. Not sure if that has much to do with it though.
zilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #26
mark66saints
Registered User
 
mark66saints's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
While we're on the topic of Charvel, does anyone know why they stopped making So Cals and San Dimas'? I was hoping to get a So Cal sometime in the future, hopefully they bring them back before too long. They seemed like great guitars for the money.
__________________
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
mark66saints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #27
danvwman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilant
I've heard a great many bad things about the quality of the desolation series.
The 2 that i was able to try at my shop felt like low-mid range guitars. I think they're Chinese made. Not sure if that has much to do with it though.


Its a shame , it just takes a few hundred bad guitars out of several thousand to ruin a guitars reputation. but like I have said before, if it was a Gibson people would be able to justify it and do when they turn out a pile of garbage.

The desolation series is a 299-800 range guitar made in china by 10 year old kids most likely. I have a Star in blue smear and it is an awesome guitar, maybe a first run made by a more experianced person. But it rocks.
__________________
What the hell!!!
danvwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
danvwman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
And I have a couple of MIC guitars right now. The are better than some CURRENT MIA guitars right now.Its just with MIC guitars the % of crap to good is more twords the crap side, you gotta play a few to find a good one......sounds like a Gibson fan boy dont it
__________________
What the hell!!!
danvwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #29
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
 
BobDetroit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #30
danvwman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit

:0
NICE

But I do like the blue one more. And I agree a Charvel should NOT be a lp shape or anything like that.
__________________
What the hell!!!

Last edited by danvwman : 11-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.
danvwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
 
Tom 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvwman
And I have a couple of MIC guitars right now. The are better than some CURRENT MIA guitars right now.Its just with MIC guitars the % of crap to good is more twords the crap side, you gotta play a few to find a good one......sounds like a Gibson fan boy dont it



Such as?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.



1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
Such as?






__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark66saints
While we're on the topic of Charvel, does anyone know why they stopped making So Cals and San Dimas'? I was hoping to get a So Cal sometime in the future, hopefully they bring them back before too long. They seemed like great guitars for the money.


the japanese factory making them shut
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world
 
Kytokinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Following my self-preservation drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R


Sexy, do they come in red?
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytokinesis
Sexy, do they come in red?


IIRC, "any coror u ryke!"




__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #36
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
 
Tom 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Hate hate hate hate hate the desolation stuff.

Especially when you can get the real things for similar money.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.



1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
The Desolation series are for kids who can't put away their money from cutting grass for just one more month in order to get something better.
__________________

BUCKY
JustRooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #38
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Or... You know, people that might actually like the guitar?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #39
Vauxite
Oliver.
 
Vauxite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Scunthorpe, England
I paid 264 for my Desolation and it's miles ahead of anything in it's price range. MILES.
__________________
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Vauxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #40
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
 
Tom 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
I paid 200 for my Charvel....


Boom.



Head shot.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.



1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.