Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #21
samuraigoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themius
I live in New Jersey so that won't be a problem. I wanted to see if I could find a used Agile but there are none on ebay or cragslist..

It seems to me like used ebay agiles sell for more than they do new, and the official rondo guy lists his guitars on ebay for a bit more than what the website charges. Just the impression I got.
samuraigoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #22
SteveHOC
Used Register

Oops, the third option was supposed to be a Squier Telecaster. There should be plenty of those, used, in your budget where you live. The two Epiphones I listed would be great though. The Wildkat is more likely the tone you'll want for Indie or Jazz.
SteveHOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
Themius

I don't have a car, but transport is easy enough to get to Manhattan. Takes about 20 minutes.
Themius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #24
Themius

So I was looking at the Epiphone Les Paul Studio

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revi...udio/index.html

It's $297 but I can do 3 payments of 99 at one place. Is it worth the extra 50 dollars for this over the agile 2000?

They have some used ones for 215-250.

Last edited by Themius : 11-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
JoeFlips
✯✯✯

Quote:
Is it worth the extra 50 dollars for this over the agile 2000?

The Agile will still be better. An Epiphone LP Standard (better than studio) would be about comparable, and I'd still pick the Agile.
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
JoeFlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #26
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

I'd go with the wildkat or a pacifica. the Epi Studio is not that great a guitar, a bandmate had one and it couldn't hold a tune for ten minutes.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #27
Themius

I'm all over the place. I was thinking of getting a Gibson Les Paul studio for 650 (initial payment of 90 something) but I think I would need to hold off on that to see if I will be completely serious about playing guitar.

I really want the agile, just can't find anywhere that has them on a payment plan. Just would have to wait till December.

Last edited by Themius : 11-11-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
MegadethFan18
Judge Shredd

Location: Like I died and went to heaven but they realised it wasn't my time so they sent me to a brewery
Quote:
I'm all over the place. I was thinking of getting a Gibson Les Paul studio for 650 (initial payment of 90 something) but I think I would need to hold off on that to see if I will be completely serious about playing guitar.

I really want the agile, just can't find anywhere that has them on a payment plan. Just would have to wait till December.

If you aren't 100% committed it might be worth getting something cheap. I always feel people who make threads like this paint themselves into a corner.
MegadethFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #29
Themius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadethFan18
If you aren't 100% committed it might be worth getting something cheap. I always feel people who make threads like this paint themselves into a corner.

I've wanted to play for years there just was never a situation where I was able to till recently. I'm big on music, no other instruments I am wanting to play.

My dad has a gibson standard and never let me play with it when I was younger since I broke his other expensive guitar...
Old 11-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #30
ghobby

If you're new and unsure if your going to commit (I was the same), maybe try renting for a while and try some guitars that way.
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #31
Themius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghobby
If you're new and unsure if your going to commit (I was the same), maybe try renting for a while and try some guitars that way.

Where is there a place to try that?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #32
AWACS
I want all of the things

Quote:

Most Guitar Centre's should, I would think. Most Long and McQuade's (Canada's take on GC) do that here.

Mesa Boogie Mark V PRS SE Cu24 Voltage S212 Pedals!
Dunlop CryBaby WayHuge Swollen Pickle CMATMods Signa Drive Digitech BadMonkey
Boss TU-3 TCE Corona Boss DD-6 HBE Mimic
AWACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #33
NickBech

Buy one used. I've played guitar for a while, and I still do so, because the value-for-money is just so much better. A used Squier-strat or something along those lines will work great.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #34
ghobby

Quote:

Most instrument places do it(at least around here), some give rent to own deasl as well.
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #35
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Looks like I am coming into this a bit late but if you are willing to dig you can find people on Craig's List selling starter guitars for $100 or less. I see lots of Squiers listed in that price range all the time and if you are near NYC there should be no shortage of cheap guitars within a short distance!
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
Themius

I want the al-2000 i've been looking around and some people bought them for 160-185-200. In that price range I can afford it. There is also one on ebay I am looking into for 165.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #37
FernandRaynaud

I just got a Douglas Shadow gold top. The tragedy is that it got chipped in shipping, because it's a very nice guitar. I spit out a pretty complete review in a thread entitled "Douglas Shadow any good?". Take a look. It's got binding on body, neck AND headstock, and for $139 is hard to believe. Of course an Agile 3000 will be better all around, but I'm not so sure about the 2000.

A used guitar that you can't actually try out ? ... hmmm. Many of them are being sold for a reason. Rondo rules, they've been in business as long as I've been playing ;-) Kurt will make sure you are happy with whatever you order, that's how he runs things.

One consideration is that if you are a novice, you may not know all the danger signs to look out for, or know how to do a complete setup. In that case the Agile 3000s, which are, by everyone's account, selected, tweaked and all set up, much better than an Epiphone, may well be worth the relatively minor extra one-time outlay, because you can easily spend more on discovering you need to have a shop do it for you, not to speak of having to start over. Just having a shop fit a better nut can set you back real money. For you to be buying a used guitar is no small risk. I know how to do this stuff in my sleep, so I went for the Douglas. But for my grandson I got an Agile 3010. Capisce?

Last edited by FernandRaynaud : 01-08-2013 at 09:46 PM.
FernandRaynaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
Hooker84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghobby
I would wait for the extra money, if you can't I would reccomend a yamaha pacifica or ltd ec-50. The cheaper Epi's don't stay in tune very well and will drive you crazy.

+1
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
krispi180

Hey! I'd probably go for a Les Paul.
krispi180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: