Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
caped379

Changing the bridge on my RG1451

Hey, I own an Ibanez RG1451 and I love the guitar, but I'm getting a bit (understatement alert) tired of the Tight End bridge. At first i thought that the smooth saddles, where the strings actually sit higher than the saddles, would be very nice.. But in time I found that the only nice thing about it was some comfort for the palm.

Here is a pic of the bridge: http://zkcd.net/_gfx/matos/dyn/larg...ez-rg1451_3.jpg

Personally for me (and my cusin) its very hard to feel where you are on the guitar, if you get me. I own a Epi LP and an Ibanez RGX70DX (Jumpstart Ibanez) on which I can do very nice heavy palm muting and pinch harmonics and hit the correct strings. I found out that its the sharp saddles on the TOM bridge and cheap Ibanez trem that makes this possible for me. I don't know if anybody has ever had this problem but it is atleast a personal problem for me.

I've owned the guitar for just under a year now and I really can't develop my technique around it :/

So i thought if you guys know about another bridge that might fit the guitar?

Your help is very appreicated

Amp
- Blackstar HT-5
caped379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
zefs

I am not sure if any other bridge would fit the 1451 since it was made particularly for the tight end bridge, but maybe you could fit different saddles there? But since it has a unique design I don't think that would work either.
zefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
caped379

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefs
I am not sure if any other bridge would fit the 1451 since it was made particularly for the tight end bridge, but maybe you could fit different saddles there? But since it has a unique design I don't think that would work either.

Thats why I asked here after I couldn't find anything myself..

Amp
- Blackstar HT-5
caped379 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: