Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #21
ub1quit0uz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
That sounds like a dodgey or dirty tube socket. Give it a clean.

Finally came back to this thread.. So whats the recommended way to clean them? Don't wanna ruin anything in the process hahaha.
ub1quit0uz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #22
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Deoxit. Don't spray it in the amp. Spray on the tube pins and work the tube around gently in a circular motion.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 AM   #23
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
I think the confusion over the "Ultimate Thrash Amp" might be the genre you used.

Thrash refers to "Thrash Metal" which is a genre of extreme/speed metal that started in the 80's here in the USA. The easiest way to explain the genre is by citing "The Big Four" (the biggest 4 thrash bands from the original movement) which are:

Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax

Other thrash bands that you might have heard of would be Testament and Exodus, although there are many, many more. It's likely you're also familiar with at least one band from the "Post-Thrash" or "Groove Metal" movement, which would include bands like Lamb of God and Machine Head.

He basically meant that after the mods, it made the amp easily capable of recreating the Thrash guitar tones used by bands like the Big 4. High gain, agressive, raw, in your face. The original tones were just Marshall JCM800's that were boosted with an Overdrive Pedal. Later, a number of the bands switched to Marshall JCM200 DSL100's, and since then, the amps vary a good bit.

Not sure how I missed that.

Yeah. Exactly what I ment. Old school brootZ.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: