Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
JayCartay

It should have been HNGD today, but the courier decided otherwise....

To say I am gutted is a major understatement. I've been waiting a week for my Ibanez SZ520QM to arrive. Making big plans for new pickups and what not, and just generally looking forward to my first play.

It got sent on Friday by courier. I said to the seller "Please make sure it's well packaged".

It arrived today in a padded gig bag with tape around it and a tiny bit of bubblewrap on the inside!!

This is what I found when I took it out:

I am disproportionately upset about this. I can't really explain why. I just feel soul destroyed and can't get my mind onto my work this morning. I guess I'd just been looking forward to this guitar so much......

A quick look on eBay reveals the next one is 70 more than this cost me and isn't anywhere near as nice as the blue.
JayCartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

That sucks man. Really big bummer...

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist

That's awful. Don't be so upset, looks like the dent can be fixed by partial refinishing. Is the wood damaged?
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
KenG
"Experienced" not "Old"

I'd be contacting the seller and getting a claim started. You should be returning it and getting your money back.
Gibson CS 2010 R7 Re-Isssue Gold Top
PRS 2013 SE 245 in Tobacco Burst
POD HD500
VOX Valvetronix VT30
KenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
JayCartay

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribleguitar
That's awful. Don't be so upset, looks like the dent can be fixed by partial refinishing. Is the wood damaged?

Maybe, I can't tell about the wood. I'm worried that the maple top will be damaged as I expect it's a thin veneer affair. But then the corner of the guitar will be mis-shapen, and I also certainly don't want the hassle of having to have a guitar I bought as good condition partially refinished. I'm not sure how it could be partially refinished to be honest, I'm sure it would be pretty noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenG
I'd be contacting the seller and getting a claim started. You should be returning it and getting your money back.

Yep, I have contacted them. It's between them and the courier as far as I can see. They just need to refund me.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
PsiGuy60
UG's Least Wanted

Man, that sucks...
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

Thats awful How much did it set you back?

Hopefully, you get a refund/replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
JayCartay

Well it was a real bargain, I paid 188 for the guitar, and then 20 for the haphazard courier. I can't see any others in such nice condition or this colour for such little money
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Mind_Reader7

They must of bashed that parcel. My 7 string came in similar packing, from Germany, and it rocked up perfect.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #10
JayCartay

They've definitely bashed it. I'm just so incensed that so little care has been taken over something obviously fragile. Some people just don't give a shit.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

It doesn't matter what they did. Just make sure you get it returned mate.

It sucks but these things happen.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #12
captainsnazz
#Cool&#Nice

That has definitely been dropped. Sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmyisgod97
Anyone who needs a degree to think their good isn't doing music right, it's like taking a class in being funny.

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

I know it isn't much, but if it makes you feel any less alone I recently won an eBay auction for an 8-ch audio interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) for a great price (only got it because of the price, as I have a 16-ch desk, but the Saffire has far better pre's and conversion) only to find out that several weeks after paying (on Oct. 24th), the sender hasn't sent it still and appears to have stopped using eBay other than getting some feedback from two sellers for presumably buying stuff on Nov 3rd-ish. Now I have to wait on eBay to get no response from him, before I get refunded the money by the looks of it... can't stand people who pull this kinda crap on eBay. Makes it so hard to trust anyone on there, as this guy had 100% feedback with over 100 ratings, both as a buyer and a seller.

They also didn't reply to two messages prior to us opening a case with eBay, so even if they'd sold it elsewhere before the auction ended, I would have liked to know sooner so I don't get my hopes up!

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
JayCartay

Yeah that really sucks. I've had similar before. It's possible they are a scammer, I've had an M-Audio interface on my watch list before and held off on paying when grabbing a low priced one on buy it now, only to find the listing was removed and seller banned etc. a week later.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
I know it isn't much, but if it makes you feel any less alone I recently won an eBay auction for an 8-ch audio interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) for a great price (only got it because of the price, as I have a 16-ch desk, but the Saffire has far better pre's and conversion) only to find out that several weeks after paying (on Oct. 24th), the sender hasn't sent it still and appears to have stopped using eBay other than getting some feedback from two sellers for presumably buying stuff on Nov 3rd-ish. Now I have to wait on eBay to get no response from him, before I get refunded the money by the looks of it... can't stand people who pull this kinda crap on eBay. Makes it so hard to trust anyone on there, as this guy had 100% feedback with over 100 ratings, both as a buyer and a seller.

They also didn't reply to two messages prior to us opening a case with eBay, so even if they'd sold it elsewhere before the auction ended, I would have liked to know sooner so I don't get my hopes up!

If he had 100% good feedback with over 100 ratings, I hate to say this but it's possible something happened to the seller.

I recently sold a guitar on ebay and the seller did not pay me, two weeks later I get a message saying he just got out of the hospital and his $ had to go towards the hospital bills. I think he was actually telling the truth because he told me to go ahead and relist the guitar and I didn't have any issues getting my final value credit.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major

Its seems like people who don't play guitar really don't understand sometimes. I mean, even regardless of what it is, if you're paying a couple hundred pounds or dollars or whatever for it, it shouldn't be all banged up. Thats still a good bit of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Danjo's Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
JayCartay

You're totally right my friend. It's a sad thing to behold
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
DarkHorseJ27

A few things to take into consideration:

1. Most delivery people don't play guitar, and aren't going to feel about them like we do.
2. As many packages as they deliver, its just another box.
3. When packing the trucks weight isn't a consideration, just making everything fit is. That can mean your guitar is at the bottom of a stack that could weigh a few hundred pounds.
4. Their performance is rated by how many packages they deliver and how fast they do it, not by how carefully they are handled.

However, I can sympathize with your disappointment, and it's always a shame to see a beautiful guitar marred. The above points is why I went to seemingly ridiculous lengths when I had to ship a few guitars and amps, like foam blocks around the guitar in the case, ton of bubble wrap around the case in the first box, heavy foam outside the first box in the second box, etc.

The seller should have packed the guitar much better. The courier is the one who damaged the guitar, but that is the nature of the beast and their indifference is the risk the seller pretty much has to accept to use their services.
DarkHorseJ27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #19
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

Well what did the shipper do, send it in a gig bag with no box??? I hope not.

When I ship guitars I make sure they are packed well and marked FRAGILE and THIS END UP.

Was the shipment insured? I'd look into that.
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
gregs1020
Hi mom!

damn, this sucks. sorry brother!
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: