Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #121
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
It would be a good start if everyone pulled their heads out their asses and came to the simple conclusion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you really want something you need to get off of your dead backsides and get it for yourselves.

From the results of the last election, it's apparent there are many who still don't recognize those simple facts of life. Facts that have been proven over and over again and are being proven yet again right now today in Europe as their economies take a tumble one after another.
DUH!! It ain't exactly rocket science folks.

Funny that since Britain has had universal healthcare since 1948 and our economy and budget were even worse back then.

The world has been capitalist since the 18th century and look where that has got us. Stop blaming "socialism" for the world today and read some damned history books. Capitalism is a system of peaks and troughs and is always going to boom and bust. Commerce acts esoterically from government but works to influence democratic societies to put in policies which benefit business at the expense of Government revenue.

War is more expensive than welfare yet I don't see anyone saying "get rid of our military, those damn leeches" because we acknowledge a state needs to defend itself.

Similarly, a civilised society owes its people protection from ignorance, squalor, want, sickness and idleness and the Government is the biggest part of the solution because of its power. Sadly, in America you guys went all mad neoliberal capitalist and dragged the rest of us down with you.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #122
ErikLensherr
Banned
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
It would be a good start if everyone pulled their heads out their asses and came to the simple conclusion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you really want something you need to get off of your dead backsides and get it for yourselves.

Agreed. Red states, please stop collecting more money from the federal government than you contribute, I'm sick of subsidizing your laziness.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #123
L2112Lif
UG Board King
 
L2112Lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: World of Magick and Faeries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
It would be a good start if everyone pulled their heads out their asses and came to the simple conclusion that there is no such thing as a free lunch. If you really want something you need to get off of your dead backsides and get it for yourselves.

From the results of the last election, it's apparent there are many who still don't recognize those simple facts of life. Facts that have been proven over and over again and are being proven yet again right now today in Europe as their economies take a tumble one after another.
DUH!! It ain't exactly rocket science folks.



Actually, there is such a thing as a free lunch if you're willing to forage for some nuts and berries.
__________________
Check out my music stuff!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/NSattelites

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/l2112lif

Bandcamp: tfmonkey.bandcamp.com/
L2112Lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #124
Dick Foster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I've have and it says the USSR fell on it's ass and China is leaning more into free enterprise and capitalism every day which is why they are buying everyone else out right now.
Have you looked across the channel lately? Socialism never works for very long, sooner or later the piper is at the door demanding to be paid. And pay him you will. If not you then your children will pay. That is if the benevolent state allows you to have any, in the best interest of the masses and all that silly idiotic rot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Funny that since Britain has had universal healthcare since 1948 and our economy and budget were even worse back then.

The world has been capitalist since the 18th century and look where that has got us. Stop blaming "socialism" for the world today and read some damned history books. Capitalism is a system of peaks and troughs and is always going to boom and bust. Commerce acts esoterically from government but works to influence democratic societies to put in policies which benefit business at the expense of Government revenue.

War is more expensive than welfare yet I don't see anyone saying "get rid of our military, those damn leeches" because we acknowledge a state needs to defend itself.

Similarly, a civilised society owes its people protection from ignorance, squalor, want, sickness and idleness and the Government is the biggest part of the solution because of its power. Sadly, in America you guys went all mad neoliberal capitalist and dragged the rest of us down with you.
Dick Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #125
Dick Foster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
That foraging bit is called work by another name. Something that many are unwilling to do. They want you to pick the berries then bake them a pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2112Lif
Actually, there is such a thing as a free lunch if you're willing to forage for some nuts and berries.
Dick Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #126
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
That foraging bit is called work by another name. Something that many are unwilling to do. They want you to pick the berries then bake them a pie.



That is such bullshit.

I want you to pick the berries, sell them, give me the money and I'll buy us some beer.

I could give a shit about a pie...

__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #127
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Foster
That foraging bit is called work by another name. Something that many are unwilling to do. They want you to pick the berries then bake them a pie.

You mean the people that own capital, right?
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #128
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
How man ****ing multis are you going to make so that you can come on here and argue your hard right wing political viewpoints? It is starting to get really pathetic.

What you on now, 4th? 5th?
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #129
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
 
Draken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Cut the military budget, it's ****ing cancerous. 700 billion a year? Really?


You know i've always wondered why they always cut frontline troops first. Why not sack a few generals and admirals get rid of those big expensive guys so joe "trying to support his family" can keep his job.
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #130
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Charm
free reign


it's free rein.
Eastwinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #131
L2112Lif
UG Board King
 
L2112Lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: World of Magick and Faeries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
it's free rein.



Reign is sovereignty, Rein(s) is(are) the tool(s) used to drive animals.
__________________
Check out my music stuff!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/NSattelites

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/l2112lif

Bandcamp: tfmonkey.bandcamp.com/
L2112Lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #132
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Serious question: if we cut our defense budget in half, would our allies be forced to spend more on theirs? Or would it not affect them. I've always been under the impression that one of the reasons our allies have a lot of successful social programs is they have no need to finance a military since they know we've got their back. Or do you think in this day and age, they'd continue to just keep a really small, modestly funded military?
__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #133
ErikLensherr
Banned
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2112Lif
Reign is sovereignty, Rein(s) is(are) the tool(s) used to drive animals.

"The expression to give free rein to is figurative. It means to give a person freedom to act on his own authority. It derives from an equestrian term:

free rein – a rein held loosely to allow a horse free motion; the freedom that this gives a horse. (OED)"
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #134
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
mind = blown

and L2112Lif, it's just not your day is it, bud?
__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #135
Eastwinn
pulling empty hall alarms
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
you can thank me for the revelation
Eastwinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #136
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo
 
slipknot5678's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
Serious question: if we cut our defense budget in half, would our allies be forced to spend more on theirs? Or would it not affect them. I've always been under the impression that one of the reasons our allies have a lot of successful social programs is they have no need to finance a military since they know we've got their back. Or do you think in this day and age, they'd continue to just keep a really small, modestly funded military?


I'd think most of them would just keep a small military (although there would likely be some increases).

lol at the multi blaming the euro crisis on welfare.
slipknot5678 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #137
L2112Lif
UG Board King
 
L2112Lif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: World of Magick and Faeries
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
mind = blown

and L2112Lif, it's just not your day is it, bud?



I didn't say if he was wrong or not, I was simply clearing up the difference between the two.

EDIT: And no, it's really not. I got killed at the end of a quest in Skyrim and had to start the thing over again from the beginning of the dungeon. Apparently cliffs are lethal, who knew?
__________________
Check out my music stuff!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/NSattelites

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/l2112lif

Bandcamp: tfmonkey.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by L2112Lif : 11-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.
L2112Lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #138
Neo Evil11
Worse than rapists
 
Neo Evil11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arkham Asylum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
faaaark...

I occasionally hear "oh yeah, the US spend a lot on its military.." but that is an obscene amount of money.

It is twice the greek debt lol. the USA can solve the recession anytime they like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Neo Evil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #139
beadhangingOne
Gnomesaiyan?
 
beadhangingOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Shame no one listened to Eisenhower; he warned of the military-industrial complex a solid 50 years ago.
__________________
Ours is but a fragile existence

The Spirit shall look out through Matter's gaze
And Matter shall reveal the Spirit's face.
beadhangingOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #140
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
Shame no one listened to Eisenhower; he warned of the military-industrial complex a solid 50 years ago.


muhfugga had a lot of tings right ...

__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.