Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
ultimum_stella

Should I buy the Digitech GSP 2101 or Eleven Rack?

I am trying to decide if I should buy Digitech GSP2101 or Eleven Rack. I have had my eyes on the eleven rack for a while. A good friend of mine first showed it to me and was quite impressed with it. It seems like you can do a lot of experimenting with it with creating your own patches and all the fx, which is something for. But recently I saw Digitech GSP2101 and it seems like for the price is quite good. To me the tone didn't sound as good as the Eleven Rack, but it can get the job done. Plus I'm sure if you connected the GSP2101 to a cabinet it could sound better. It seems like the Digitech GSP2101 has more versatility, but then again, creating the custom patches on Eleven Rack could still go quite far. I need some suggestions on what I should buy. I mean is the extra $400 worth it? What kind of features does the eleven rack have that the Digitech GSP2101 doesn't? Just so you know, I am into metal and am just trying to experiment with sounds for composing (if that helps narrow things down).
ultimum_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

Out of those two, I would go with the Eleven. It is a better unit than some people claim it is, and it is remarkably versatile. It also comes with Pro Tools thrown in there, so that's a nice bonus. If you've got the bucks, I'd recommend the Axe-FX II over the Eleven, but a lot of people swear by the Eleven these days - particularly for recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
ultimum_stella

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
Out of those two, I would go with the Eleven. It is a better unit than some people claim it is, and it is remarkably versatile. It also comes with Pro Tools thrown in there, so that's a nice bonus. If you've got the bucks, I'd recommend the Axe-FX II over the Eleven, but a lot of people swear by the Eleven these days - particularly for recording.

I've heard of the Axe-FX II. Its a lot more higher end and I'm planning on buying other stuff. The eleven rack does seem better than anything else. I guess the protools kinda adds the price a bit more. Is the Digitech GSP 2101 any good at all though?
ultimum_stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
FatalGear41
Battle Beagle!

There seems to be a tremendous amount of hate for all things DigiTech on these forums, but yes, it is a good unit. It is nowhere near in the same league as the Eleven, and it is worlds away from the Axe FX units, but it is well-made and some people love the sounds they get. But you get what you pay for. If you plan to use the unit in lieu of an amplifier, and / or if you plan to record with it, you'll see a great difference if you go up to the Eleven or the Axe FX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
FatalGear41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: