Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

What to look for (singing lessons)

So I'm thinking about getting some singing lessons. I don't really sing, and I wanna learn how, but it seems like something more difficult to learn by yourself than say guitar.

My friend told me about a place that cost 100 bucks a month for a 35 minute class once a week. Are they supposed to be that expensive?

Also what kind of credentials do I need to look for to make sure I'm getting a good teacher?

Thanks for any help

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
stoltobot

I actually think that is quite cheap for pro individual music lessons, or at worst reasonable because of only 35 minutes at a time. You could just buy Brett Manning's singing success. It will tell you the exact same things they will tell you every week for a one-off payment, and it has lessons that increase in difficulty after you master them, as well as being useful warm-ups well after you've mastered the lot.
stoltobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

Well my problem with ordering a program is that I feel it won't be able to address problems that I don't notice myself.

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Duce180

Go for it man. You dont need a genius vocal coach to learn the basics. I would still ask some questions like how long he or she has been teaching for, just so you know your not getting a complete hack, which i doubt.

As for the previous comment reccommending Singing Success. Its a very good program but its easy to do the exercises the wrong way, thats why a vocal coach is best, they will be able to offer feedback and they'll also be able to analyze your voice.
Duce180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: