User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #21
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgguitarz1234
Just mentioning that he might have to worry about life after being a soldier.

No, he won't. He's already said that he would be going to school after he got out. You're just trying to bring politics into this.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #22
zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
Same as everybody else's life. Don't expect any handouts.

There are ads everywhere that say doing a job in the military will transition into civilian life. For example: If you where a computer programmer in the military, you could use that to get jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
No, he won't. He's already said that he would be going to school after he got out. You're just trying to bring politics into this.

I guess I sort of did bring politics into this, I just read the original post and saw someone trying to take the military as an alternative for paying for college and thought it was worth mentioning. I probably should have left the word "Republican" out but in all the news articles it said that in the title so I guess when I was regurgitating the info I sort of put it in there to.

Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 : 11-14-2012 at 01:07 AM.
zomgguitarz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #23
SlackusMaximus

Be smart man, DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY!
SlackusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
Mohican

As previously mentioned, ROTC. It is different than an enlisted, but if you do well enough, you can have school completely paid for. Another benefit to ROTC is that you don't have to contract (obligate yourself) to the military until your Junior year of college or offered a scholarship.
Mohican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #25
JustRooster
Organ Donor

That cancer kid didn't get in, I found out, but it was unrelated to his cancer.

Here's what I do know from working with the recruiters: Things are getting very stringent these days. The Army, as well as most of the rest of the military, is over strength. My advice to you when you talk to a recruiter is to tell him you're willing to take a slot in a critical MOS if it means getting in. The recruiter will do everything he can via waiver to get you a day slotted at MEPS. Once you get to MEPS it's a whole different ballgame. They probably won't care about your feet, and you don't have to tell them about your lungs, but your arm will raise some flags. Depends on the doctor's say, really.

First and foremost, get those waivers. If you need any other help, PM me and let me know. I've worked some recruiting and will again after this semester ends.

MEPHAROOSTER
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
MonsterMetalMus

Ok, thanks for the words of advice everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
That cancer kid didn't get in, I found out, but it was unrelated to his cancer.

Here's what I do know from working with the recruiters: Things are getting very stringent these days. The Army, as well as most of the rest of the military, is over strength. My advice to you when you talk to a recruiter is to tell him you're willing to take a slot in a critical MOS if it means getting in. The recruiter will do everything he can via waiver to get you a day slotted at MEPS. Once you get to MEPS it's a whole different ballgame. They probably won't care about your feet, and you don't have to tell them about your lungs, but your arm will raise some flags. Depends on the doctor's say, really.

First and foremost, get those waivers. If you need any other help, PM me and let me know. I've worked some recruiting and will again after this semester ends.

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I'll ask for a slot in a critical MOS if I decide to try and enlist. I'll send you a PM if I run into anything. Once again, thanks for the advice and words of wisdom! I really appreciate it!
MonsterMetalMus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #27
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Dude, don't go to the army, don't spread war and violen-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
inb4 anti-army comments

Oh, never mind....
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohican
As previously mentioned, ROTC. It is different than an enlisted, but if you do well enough, you can have school completely paid for. Another benefit to ROTC is that you don't have to contract (obligate yourself) to the military until your Junior year of college or offered a scholarship.

If I recall, even if you get a scholarship, you have until junior year without any obligation. Though if you leave after your junior year, you either have to pay back your previous years to the military, or enlist your ass.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Add me on Facebook

Soundcloud
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: