Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #21
Blackus

For that budget, I recomend the Cort M600. Very versatile and very beautiful guitar. It has coil split, so you can play hambucker or single coil.
Blackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #22
St John 999

I am new to electric guitar too. So this advice is practically useless - but you're on the internet so what...

Go to a reputable shop. Try out a few guitars. If you come across one that for whatever reason you want to own - then that will be the one. If YOU like it then you're more likely to play it. At $500 you're not going to get something that you have to make last you a lifetime. If you get into the guitar playing you will then be able to make a better choice then.

For me - again - total novice - check the action - how high the strings are off the fret (check around the 12th fret) - Now all can be adjusted but in reality at $500 you probably won't. (Why spend another $100 on having it adjusted) So make sure if seems easy with a nice lowish action.
Before you buy get someone who knows a thing or two to give it a try out too.
So apart from the action of the strings - I would advise you to pick a guitar you like the look of - then you will pick it up and play it.
As for sound - you'll be rubbish to start with any way so that doesn't really matter. (Said with cheeky friendly smile)

Ibanez do look very nice and the ones I've tried seems to play okay too.

In summary - get a guitar that you will want to use - any guitar - and play.

Good luck.
St John 999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: