User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #61
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshadowplay
**** it, let 'em kill each other as long as it doesn't spill into other nations yards. If they wanna fight and bomb and whatever else in the name of which bullshit religion is more bullshitty, so be it.

That won't happen. The US is going to be involved no matter what (whether it's simply thru financial aid for their military or us actually stepping in).
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
IRISH_PUNK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #62
NordicThrasher
Something Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Russian and German sound macho. French is mad feminine.

**** yeah.

Quote:
That won't happen. The US is going to be involved no matter what (whether it's simply thru financial aid for their military or us actually stepping in).

Unfortunately.
NordicThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #63
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
I don't think so. If both sides were of the same faith, there wouldn't be any disputed land as it'd all belong to the same group.

There's more to it than religion...
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #64
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
**** it, let 'em kill each other as long as it doesn't spill into other nations yards. If they wanna fight and bomb and whatever else in the name of which bullshit religion is more bullshitty, so be it.

How about instead of letting the dumb fucks kill each other, you other countries actually help to get peace!

Americans want to bring democracy to the middle east, but when it doesn't involve killing brown people you don't wanna help do you?

I'm partially kidding
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #65
ErikLensherr
Bram Sockmann

Quote:
I don't think so. If both sides were of the same faith, there wouldn't be any disputed land as it'd all belong to the same group.

lol

edit: unless that's a gay thing
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #66
intheshadowplay
Mediocre guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13
There's more to it than religion...

I doubt it. That's what it's ALWAYS about. "My god can beat up your god!" "Nu uh! EAT MISSLE".

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96

How about instead of letting the dumb fucks kill each other, you other countries actually help to get peace!

Americans want to bring democracy to the middle east, but when it doesn't involve killing brown people you don't wanna help do you?

I'm partially kidding

Nah, we only wanna bring democracy when there's something in it for us, and if we like the person elected.

Last edited by intheshadowplay : 11-14-2012 at 10:27 PM.
intheshadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #67
NordicThrasher
Something Wild

Quote:
I doubt it. That's what it's ALWAYS about. "My god can beat up your god!" "Nu uh! EAT MISSLE".

Nah, we only wanna bring democracy when there's something in it for us, and if we like the person elected.

Kind of inclined to agree, to an extent. I'm sure there's a **** ton of politics involved, too, though.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #68
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:

Read a book. Actually, read two.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #69
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:

While this made me laugh, i have to disagree.

The fighting is not about anything anymore, it's just pure pointless hate right now.

And it needs to end.

Quote:

Also ture, but we all know how much you love to kill brown people.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #70
NordicThrasher
Something Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Read a book. Actually, read two.

They read a book, too. It's called the Qu'ran, and now they wanna kill poor Adam
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #71
due 07
haaan

Quote:

No, I'm pretty sure the Palestinians would still be quite pissed at the whole displacement and illegal settlement thing.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #72
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:

It is part of the issue there, but it's more complex than "herp derp my god will show u".

Agreed.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #73
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure the Palestinians would still be quite pissed at the whole displacement and illegal settlement thing.

I recall reading that Palestinians were okay with the Israeli settlers at first. After Israel decided to start acting like a chihuahua on 'roids is when I thought the problem started.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #74
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
It is part of the issue there, but it's more complex than "herp derp my god will show u".

Agreed.

It really isn't. Jews and Muslims have lived side by side in the area for hundreds of years.

Religion is just an excellent means by which to form cleavages.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #75
ali.guitarkid7
a real man

Quote:

And the whole racism thing. Even Arab jews are discriminated against.

It's funny how Israel, a supposedly jewish state, actually discriminates. It really takes the whole "haven't learned anything from history" to a new level.

- An Arab

look at you scared now hoe
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #76
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
It really isn't. Jews and Muslims have lived side by side in the area for hundreds of years.

Religion is just an excellent means by which to form cleavages.

I know. What I mean about it being part of the issue is with Palestinians not having access to Jerusalem. I'm sure that it does piss them off quite a bit that they aren't allowed access to their holy city.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #77
NordicThrasher
Something Wild

Quote:
I know. What I mean about it being part of the issue is with Palestinians not having access to Jerusalem. I'm sure that it does piss them off quite a bit that they aren't allowed access to their holy city.

I thought that that was the basis of much of the conflict between the two.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #78
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:

I don't think that overrides the competition over the two most valuable resources that exist in the area, i.e. land and water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicThrasher
I thought that that was the basis of much of the conflict between the two.

Nope.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #79
ErikLensherr
Bram Sockmann

Religion's just an easy answer for people who know shit all about the intricacies of the situation and are too lazy to learn/wanna feel smugly superior to the superstitious barbarians.

#realtalk

edit: unless that's a gay thing
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #80
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
I don't think that overrides the competition over the two most valuable resources that exist in the area, i.e. land and water.

Of course. That's much more important than the religious aspect of it, but it's hard to deny that religion does influence the feelings of hatred from both sides.

Rate This Thread: