Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #81
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
And the whole racism thing. Even Arab jews are discriminated against.

It's funny how Israel, a supposedly jewish state, actually discriminates. It really takes the whole "haven't learned anything from history" to a new level.

- An Arab

You have no idea, when Sudanese refugees came asking for help, Israelis marched the streets to send them back to Sudan to their deaths, and it reminded me of the whole Kristallnacht thing.... Talk about forgetting history....

Sometimes i want to destroy all stupid people.......
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #82
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13
Of course. That's much more important than the religious aspect of it, but it's hard to deny that religion does influence the feelings of hatred from both sides.

How so?

Like I said, they've lived together peacefully for ages. There have been Jews in Jerusalem almost nonstop since they originally settled there thousands of years ago. The only time there ever weren't Jews there was when the Christian Crusaders kicked them out. If religion is so fundamental to it all, why did they live together for so long without these kind of problems?
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #83
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
How so?

Like I said, they've lived together peacefully for ages. There have been Jews in Jerusalem almost nonstop since they originally settled there thousands of years ago. The only time there ever weren't Jews there was when the Christian Crusaders kicked them out. If religion is so fundamental to it all, why did they live together for so long without these kind of problems?

This isn't about their shared history that goes back thousands of years. That has nothing to do with what I said before about how the Palestinians aren't allowed access to Jerusalem. It makes sense that being denied access to your holy city would piss you off, ya know?
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
IRISH_PUNK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #84
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

So what, are they at war yet
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #85
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought

It's still developing, it most likely will turn into a full war though, i don't want that again
Old 11-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #86
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

Nah man, it wouldn't be in anyone's favor at this point for troop deployment. This isn't only about Palestine and Israel at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
You have no idea, when Sudanese refugees came asking for help, Israelis marched the streets to send them back to Sudan to their deaths, and it reminded me of the whole Kristallnacht thing.... Talk about forgetting history....

Sometimes i want to destroy all stupid people.......

Wow, that's really sad. I can never understand people who are against giving refugees the refuge they need, or against helping the homeless or against giving away free food or anything in that regard.

I'm all too familiar with that feeling, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.

Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 : 11-14-2012 at 11:10 PM.
ali.guitarkid7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #87
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought

Yes, but both sides are reluctantly holding back from launching the hash tags due to their shared fear of the dire consequences.
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
IRISH_PUNK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #88
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
This isn't about their shared history that goes back thousands of years. That has nothing to do with what I said before about how the Palestinians aren't allowed access to Jerusalem. It makes sense that being denied access to your holy city would piss you off, ya know?

Of course, but you gotta think that its counterproductive to concede more territory to a group which has been unceasingly hostile. It's not like Hamas won't want to **** up Israel anymore once they get Jerusalem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
TOMMYB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #89
mystical_1
**** it

Quote:
Hamas stated it will carry out a revenge plan on Israel by sending in suicide bombers and declaring a state of open war.

Nukes vs. Suicide bombers? Israel must be cringing in fear.

Whenever I hear suicide bomber, it always takes me back to what Patton said about the Japanese that "No sorry son of bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. The object is to make the other side, die for his country."

mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #90
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Don't be redundant and act like a twerp on a website full of jerks.

To be honest, calling everyone on a website 'jerks' while telling someone on said website not to 'act like a twerp' is a bit hypocritical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Nukes vs. Suicide bombers? Israel must be cringing in fear.

You do know that the Palestinian territories are right next door to Israel don't you?

How could anyone possibly justify using weapons that are likely to wipe out large numbers of their own population on an enemy?

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 11-15-2012 at 06:31 AM.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #91
Pagan-Pie
UG's Ziltoidian Overlord

Quote:
Of course. That's much more important than the religious aspect of it, but it's hard to deny that religion does influence the feelings of hatred from both sides.

It's more about American/European imperialism than Judaism v. Islam. There were Jews living in Palestine before Zionism, and they got on fine with the Muslims and actually resented the whole immigration thing. I think the religious divide is a kind of rhetorical thing.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #92
mystical_1
**** it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
You do know that the Palestinian territories are right next door to Israel don't you?

How could anyone possibly justify using weapons that are likely to wipe out large numbers of their own population on an enemy?

Quote:
The West Bank is 2,263 square miles and the Gaza Strip is 139 square miles.

Quote:
Palestine is roughly 10,000 square miles.

They could use a smaller one, perfectly placed, and get away with it. But even non-nuke ICBm's would put their determination to the test.

mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #93
jimmyled
*****es ain't ****

Well, for one thing, I think starting another war is ****ing stupid and terrible, but on the other hand, people are being killed by the daily, unprovoked, rocket strikes on civilian targets in Israel.

****ing Hamas. I really want the Palestinians to have an independent country, but Hamas leadership means war, death, and human rights being trampled.
jimmyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #94
Pagan-Pie
UG's Ziltoidian Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyled
Well, for one thing, I think starting another war is ****ing stupid and terrible, but on the other hand, people are being killed by the daily, unprovoked, rocket strikes on civilian targets in Israel.

****ing Hamas. I really want the Palestinians to have an independent country, but Hamas leadership means war, death, and human rights being trampled.

I'm aware this argument has happened a million times on here. But it's pretty unfair to say that the rocket strikes are 'unprovoked'. What about the whole Gaza strip thing? I don't like the fact that Hamas fire rockets at civilians, but it's common knowledge that the IDF kills far more civilians than the IDF. Whatever way you look at it (and I like to think that I have a pretty fair perspective, coming from a country that is also plagued by territorial dispute and religious/ethnic hatred) the Israeli government has to accept a major part of the 'blame' for what has happened in Palestine. If the Israeli government started treating Palestinians as human beings, and acknowledged that they have an equal right to live in the region as any American/European Jew, you might actually get somewhere. The reason we have peace in Northern Ireland right now is because the British entered into a genuine dialogue with Republican terrorists, granted concessions, and stopped any (perceived) human rights abuses. Doing the same thing is Israel's responsibility if it wants to portray itself as the 'civilised' side of the conflict.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #95
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan-Pie
I'm aware this argument has happened a million times on here. But it's pretty unfair to say that the rocket strikes are 'unprovoked'. What about the whole Gaza strip thing? I don't like the fact that Hamas fire rockets at civilians, but it's common knowledge that the IDF kills far more civilians than the IDF. Whatever way you look at it (and I like to think that I have a pretty fair perspective, coming from a country that is also plagued by territorial dispute and religious/ethnic hatred) the Israeli government has to accept a major part of the 'blame' for what has happened in Palestine. If the Israeli government started treating Palestinians as human beings, and acknowledged that they have an equal right to live in the region as any American/European Jew, you might actually get somewhere. The reason we have peace in Northern Ireland right now is because the British entered into a genuine dialogue with Republican terrorists, granted concessions, and stopped any (perceived) human rights abuses. Doing the same thing is Israel's responsibility if it wants to portray itself as the 'civilised' side of the conflict.

The current problems are because of recent heavy rocket attacks on southern Israel, they are unprovoked, as far as i know, nothing significant has changed before it started. Even though the IDF does wind up with more blood on its hands, its mostly because they have inferior defence resources yet pick a fight with a country of Israel's military strength, not because its more malicious than Hamas. It would be pretty naive to expect Israel to not take retaliatory actions.

Quote:
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #96
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --

This might sound like a stupid q - but why have the Americans stated support for Israel in this event and the UK Foreign Secretary just said that Hamas "bears principal responsibility"?

In this specific instance, Israel killed their leader. I don't quite understand the support?

I understand the American-Israeli relationship somewhat, but I don't see how they can stand behind them with this particular event. And I don't see how Hamas bears principal responsibility... for allowing their leader to be bombed?

"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #97
Ninja#117

Too much hatred over there.
Ninja#117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #98
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
This might sound like a stupid q - but why have the Americans stated support for Israel in this event and the UK Foreign Secretary just said that Hamas "bears principal responsibility"?

In this specific instance, Israel killed their leader. I don't quite understand the support?

I understand the American-Israeli relationship somewhat, but I don't see how they can stand behind them with this particular event. And I don't see how Hamas bears principal responsibility... for allowing their leader to be bombed?

Hamas decides to fire missiles at southern Israel, apparently over 130 of them in the last 3 days, Israel says "**** that" and goes for some targeted strikes, killing an important Hamas commander and a few other people.

Hamas threw the first punch.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #99
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --

Okay, cheers. Never knew about that cause it wasn't in any news coverage before Jaabari's death.

"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #100
TOMMYB22
UG Newbie

to be quite frank, very few media outlets even care enough to report attacks against Israel. It may seem like a bit of a grand statement but it seems that there is a slight bias against them. I heard it from a lot of people but thought they were bullshitting for the most part. After google searching articles about the recent attacks, not many mainstream outlets covered it, the vast majority of results were Israeli sources or Jewish news outlets. If Israel attacks others for whatever reason, everyone will be on that shit.

Quote:

Rate This Thread: