Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #21
B&J

Is this about fallout?
B&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #22
due 07
haaan

Just curious, at what point during Pinkerton does Rivers decide to live virtuously? I mean it closes with him bragging about lying to his SO...
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #23
Arthur Curry
yabba dabba doo

well i deleted my post

all i can really say is that it's my fav weezer release, and the subject-matter deals in part with remorse (incidentally)

Last edited by Arthur Curry : 11-18-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Arthur Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #24
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Just curious, at what point during Pinkerton does Rivers decide to live virtuously? I mean it closes with him bragging about lying to his SO...

i wouldnt say that he does nor is the point of the album. also i dont understand how he is braggin in butterfly.

i dont understand where youre getting the notion that this album is anything more than some young adult who has an immature, and at times embarrassing view, of relationships and women, like many young guys do.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Curry
all i can really say is that it's my fav weezer release

It's my favorite too. >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by turncoat60%
i wouldnt say that he does nor is the point of the album. also i dont understand how he is braggin in butterfly.

Oh I responding to a post AC deleted.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

not cool curry
Old 11-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
Arthur Curry
yabba dabba doo

they shoulda released songs from the black hole and pinkerton at the same time
Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

i never listened to the songs from the black hole. is it mostly songs they put on the pinkerton reissue?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #29
due 07
haaan

Quote:
i never listened to the songs from the black hole. is it mostly songs they put on the pinkerton reissue?

Yeah that's what the fan-released ones use basically. Here's the tracklist for the one I have.

I dunno if I'd say mostly, but a good number are. Then some normal Pinkerton tracks and the rest are demos presumably pulled from the Rivers alone shit (which I have not heard).
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #30
Arthur Curry
yabba dabba doo

Quote:

dude it's a concept album. a rock opera about a voyage to space. it is awesome
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #31
mr.retard
wumbology

2 questions

what exactly does "i'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon mean?"

and does anyone know anything about this scott & rivers collaboration? i am somewhat familiar with allister. i really enjoy their first 2 albums. i don't have the rest. i know weezer fans are hardcore but i can't find anything on weezer website or weezerpedia.com. the only thing i've found is this wikipedia page.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #32
Samdroid
#Cenation

I dunno, I've sorta grown out of Pinkerton as I've gotten older. I still like it and all, but I can't summon the same attitude I had when I enjoyed it most (i.e. bitter as hell). It reminds me of high school too much. I don't think I could ever not love "El Scorcho" though.

ヾ(༎ຶ۝༎ຶ)ノ"

Samdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #33
getmad24_7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.******
2 questions

what exactly does "i'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon mean?"

and does anyone know anything about this scott & rivers collaboration? i am somewhat familiar with allister. i really enjoy their first 2 albums. i don't have the rest. i know weezer fans are hardcore but i can't find anything on weezer website or weezerpedia.com. the only thing i've found is this wikipedia page.

Scott and Rivers is all in japanese. They have a song called "I Freakin Love My Life". You can find some videos of them playing on Rivers' japanese ustream channel.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
Dylan_86

Pinkerton is an amazing album. Frankly, the only way we will get another great Weezer album is if Rivers has a midlife crisis (actually he seems to be now i guess with the crap her writes...Where's my sex? Really?) and lusts after some young Japanese girls again.

If you want an interesting read then check out his essay he wrote while he was at Harvard that is online. Mentions his fondness for asian massage parlours and getting happy endings as a way to deal with being too shy to get girls.

Green album is ****ing great...don't understand why people hate it. Its much better than anything they did after Maladroit except maybe Red album.

I saw Weezer in Japan on the memories tour playing Blue Album one night and Pinkerton the next. Was amazing. They also played a couple of b-sides that had only been played once or twice before at that stage such as "devotion". I'm going to see them again in January in Australia playing the Blue album show.
Dylan_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
MinterMan22
skinny emo ass eaters

can't she be a little straight?
MinterMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #36
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNxScythe

It's funny because I didn't like it much at all at first.

Me too, but I think that's true with a lot of my all time fav albums
Tempoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #37
MinterMan22
skinny emo ass eaters

Anyone else think of this album as a vicious circle of sorts? In the first song, he's saying how he doesn't like having sex cause he wants to find the love that's been eluding him for so long. The next few songs follow suit and continue that hopelessly lonely vibe until it climaxes at Across the Sea (words and dreams and a million screams of how I need a hand in mine to feel.. Something about that part is so hauntingly beautiful to me) That concludes the first 5 song part of the album. The Good Life kicks off the second part where he finally decides to do something about his circumstances and by Falling for You he has succeeded in doing so (maybe?).. But then we get to Butterfly where he throws away the love he's been searching for in favour of meaningless sex. To me this album is meant to be played on repeat-- it seems so cyclical, it just makes sense to. It's even more interesting when you consider that for the most part, the songs are in order of when they were written.

I've been listening to Pinkerton a lot recently. I've been hurting a bit...
MinterMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #38
█▐▌█▐▌

people who can really relate to pinkerton are people i can't really relate to.
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 AM   #39
turncoat60%
Errday i'm Russellin'

surprise!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #40
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by █▐▌█▐▌
people who can really relate to pinkerton are people i can't really relate to.

I'm glad I can't relate to what you're saying.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: