Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
loop-de-luke
Kickin' it....

Single humbucker coil tap using on/on DPDT switch + killswitch

Anyone know how to wire a single humbucker to an on/on dpdt mini toggle switch (up position = single coil, down position = humbucker)?

Also, how would I then wire it to another on/on dpdt mini toggle switch to act as a killswitch (up position = signal off, down position = signal on)?

If it helps with diagrams etc this humbucker will be connected also to a volume pot and tone pot. Nothin else.

Any help with any of this would be great!
Cheers
loop-de-luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Pretty much any wiring diagram with a push/pull coil split will do(p/p is a DPDT). And as for the killswitch, just attach it to the hot lead right before it goes to the output jack. Make one position complete the circuit(on), and the other one ground it(off).

Here's a diagram that shows you how your switch works(only pay attention to the on/on switch):

Last edited by W4RP1G : 11-27-2012 at 01:29 AM.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 AM   #3
loop-de-luke
Kickin' it....

Awesome, cheers! I'll see if I can make do with different diagrams for the entire setup... I've also got a strip piezo to go under the bridge saddle which I need to work out how to wire up to a blend pot
loop-de-luke is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: